• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TC.Barky
    Valued Member
    • Oct 2011
    • Melbourne

Yep mine still does it. Couple of dealers I've brought it up with aren't interested.
    MY14 NW GLX-R 3.2L Auto Build Thread
    Fitted: 265/70R17 Kanati Mud Hogs. Ultimate Suspension HD Front EHD + bags rear. MM Towbar. OL Bullbar. SPV EGR Mod. Bushskinz Bash Plates x4. Roleys Rear Bar Protector. Icom IC-400Pro. Rhino Pioneer Tradie Rack. CTEK CTD250S w/ Dual Bats. Airtec Snorkel. Scangauge II. Blackvue Dash Cam. TC mod. Autosafe Half Barrier. Masten TPMS. Drifta Custom Drawers w/ Mounted Compressor. 47L ARB Fridge. Domin8rX Winch. Towing an MDC stepthrough.

Comment

• Sooby
      • Jan 2015
      • Canberra

I haven't heard from MMAL yet, its only been a few days.

Shall keep you posted.

Cheers

Comment

• Sooby
        • Jan 2015
        • Canberra

Originally posted by Sooby View Post
        I haven't heard from MMAL yet, its only been a few days.

Shall keep you posted.

Cheers
        MMAL did not give me the courtesy of a reply to my email.

However, I have been in touch with my local dealer and it appears the problem will be resolved.

I don't want to say too much at present, but I shall keep you informed...it may take a while.

Comment

• Paul (SA)
          • Apr 2013
          • Australia

I am following with interest. My my14 had this problem. After much wrangling with mmal they agreed to fix it. However on the past few weeks the problem has returned again.

Hope they are working on a permanent solution.

Comment

• vladguan
            Valued Member
            • Mar 2015
            • Adelaide

Different car but same issue. My then brand new 2005 Verada GTVi AWD's driver's electric seat had a back/front movement (again, only the electric seats have the issue) and the dealer's fix was to put washers in and no more movement for the next 10 years. Me thinks the seat base that bolts to the rails for the electric seats are slightly shorter or something and simply adding washers fixed it. I reckon if you go to a dealer and explain to them how other dealers have fixed the issue then perhaps they are more willing to to it.
            Please call me Vlad.
            -----------------------
            MY15 NX GLS - SPV EGR; Donaldson filter; Front sensors; Compass; DEI506T and DEI507M; LED interior and exterior lights; Blue LED step lights; 3T tow bar; 20% front & clear tint over privacy windows; Chrome handle protectors; 3x Bushskinz guards; Nudge bar; Hella Sharptones; Dual alarm horns; STEDI lightbar; TC mod loom; Paddles; ProVent 200; Dobinsons springs and MRR shocks; Bonnet struts; OCAM awning; Rear work light; Air compressor. TBD - UHF.

Comment

• Sooby
              • Jan 2015
              • Canberra

Originally posted by Paul (SA) View Post
              I am following with interest. My my14 had this problem. After much wrangling with mmal they agreed to fix it. However on the past few weeks the problem has returned again.

Hope they are working on a permanent solution.
              Still no word from MMAL.

However, my car is booked in for a seat base replacement tomorrow.

It looks like the dealer has taken this on themselves.

Comment

• Sooby
                • Jan 2015
                • Canberra

Originally posted by Sooby View Post
                Still no word from MMAL.

However, my car is booked in for a seat base replacement tomorrow.

It looks like the dealer has taken this on themselves.
                I picked up my car today.

The seat base was replaced by the dealer.

So far so good....

Comment

• pajaj70
                  • Apr 2016
                  • Melbourne

Just about to book in my NX for 1500km check up in a couple of weeks time, have the same issue as others. Seat movement noticeable on left turns, had a look and seems to be looser at front next to transmission tunnel. Lets hope they recognise there is a problem.
                  NX 2016 GLX , Boos bash plates, catch can and flashlube primary filter.

Comment

• pajaj70
                    • Apr 2016
                    • Melbourne

Unfortunately they said movement is within specification, I was ready to mention others experience at seat replacement but didn't. I just said that iv'e heard this is quite common.

Comment

• Paul (SA)
                      • Apr 2013
                      • Australia

Originally posted by pajaj70 View Post
                      Unfortunately they said movement is within specification, I was ready to mention others experience at seat replacement but didn't. I just said that iv'e heard this is quite common.

You will find that the response you got is the standard reply the dealer or regional assessor is advised to give you. They have trotted it out to many on this forum and now hope that you will go away and accept their assessment. I have asked for the "specification" they refer to and the only thing they have provided is a vague rambling about the Australian Design Rules. As such, you will find there is no legal or regulatory specification they can refer to in your case.

Essentially you have paid thousands for a car and you do not reasonably expect the seat to move as it does. Mitsubishi knows this and hope they are not called out to fix the problem and cross their fingers you simply walk away.

It is up to you, but if it concerns you, speak to the head office rather than the dealer and instruct them that you want it replaced and are prepared to take it further.

My state's government authority advised me to get a report from the RAA - which I did and they agreed to replace it then. The RAA outlined that it was a fault in the seat and a defect that was dangerous and required rectifying.

Good luck whatever way you choose to go.

Comment

• hill373737
                        • Mar 2015
                        • Bateau Bay

I had the seat base replaced in my NX last July - under warranty as the dealer looked at it and said it was out of specification.

Unfortunately, it started again about 2 months ago and its now as bad as it was before it was replaced. When I get some time, I'll put a spanner over any bolts I can find but not hopeful that will sort it - I'm about 3 months away from the 30k service so will raise it with them when it goes in.

The dealer I use has been great to deal with over several cars so I'm hopeful of getting a fair hearing when I take it in.
                        2015 NX, couple of batteries connected with Traxide SC80, Boos Bash Plates, retro NW nudge bar, Pirelli Scorpions, airbags!!

Comment

• pajaj70
                          • Apr 2016
                          • Melbourne

So basically if we spend much effort to finally get it replaced, then a period of time will pass and the same thing again. If all seats are made to same specification from supplier to Mitsubishi then this will never go away. After a few changes the car maybe out of warranty and in the end still not resolved.

Comment

• Amok
                            • Dec 2016
                            • Sydney

Originally posted by pauld View Post
                            My NX GLX does it!
                            Same. My car is brand new with only 1400kms on it. MY17.

I'm going to check the seat bolts myself when i get time
                            MY17 NX GLX with too much cash blown on it

Comment

• hill373737
                              • Mar 2015
                              • Bateau Bay

At the 30k service, the dealer checked it, said the replacement seat base was within specification and tightened the seat base - it didn't make a lot of difference and the problem is still there. I'm coming up to the 45k service so will mention it again but I've just decided to live with it and not hopeful of getting it resolved. The dealer I use has been very good, the issue is MMAL who should step up and sort it.

All things considered, the NX is a pretty good vehicle ..... my first 4WD when I was a very young bloke was a Series 2A LandRover and doubt I would have felt the loose seat in it amongst all the other rattles, clunks and vibrations. It was a lot cheaper to buy than the NX, but keeping it running was another thing!!
                              2015 NX, couple of batteries connected with Traxide SC80, Boos Bash Plates, retro NW nudge bar, Pirelli Scorpions, airbags!!

Comment

• Amok
                                • Dec 2016
                                • Sydney

Pretty disappointing that they haven't fixed this given how old this vehicle really is. Mitsubishi have had many years to fix this issue and have decided not to bother.
                                MY17 NX GLX with too much cash blown on it

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X