• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Matt B
    • Apr 2018
    • Devonport, Tasmania

Dodgy Fuel Gauge

Yet another post by me, sorry. The NP has got to the point where things are starting to fail and it's not worth paying someone to fix it all.

The fuel gauge on the Paj has not been working for a while. Sometimes not registering, and other times giving a reading about 1/4 over what I would expect, with an apparent mind of its own.

I've already pulled out the PCB and resoldered the guilty R10 resistor - as well as the other R10 for good measure - and although that fixed the temperature gauge, the fuel gauge is still all over the place.

I've pulled the sender unit and tested it with a multimeter over a range of levels and it all seems to be okay.

Is there anything else I could look at to fix it, besides replacing the PCB?

Thanks
  • MOPaj
    • Jan 2018
    • Sydney

No solution, but same problem. Hopefully someone has a suggestion!

Comment

• Nxnmmnmk
      • Feb 2018
      • Sa

Try pulling the sender unit apart and cleaning the contact surfaces, and bend the contact arm a little so it makes better contact with the variable contacts. It might be that it tests ok on the bench but not so good in place.
      NX GLS 2015 new addition
      NM exceed
      MN triton dual cab
      MK triton tray top

Comment

• Matt B
        • Apr 2018
        • Devonport, Tasmania

Originally posted by Nxnmmnmk View Post
        Try pulling the sender unit apart and cleaning the contact surfaces, and bend the contact arm a little so it makes better contact with the variable contacts. It might be that it tests ok on the bench but not so good in place.
        Thanks, I'm thinking that's what I'll have to do. I'll also identify what pin connects it to the dash and see if the signal is getting through.

Comment

• Moci
          • Sep 2014
          • Balkan, Europe

I have now similar problem.

When I start car, fuel gauge not working for 5-15 minutes. After I drive car for a while, fuel gauge start working.
          This is happening every time when I turn off and start car.

Car is now at mechanic and we will see what could be problem.
          NP Pajero 3.2DiD auto GLS Exceed 2004 LWB Gold metallic color, 275/50 R20 MAK wheels ET20 polished, 2" Lift kit, EGR blanked off, Chip, Leather electric seats, Xenon lights, LED/Angel eyes projector headlights, Led daytime lights in bumper, Led roof lights, Led tail lights, Full led interior, Led dash, Color factory display, Chrome bullbar, Dual battery, Rear spoiler with lip, Tinted windows, Kenwood sound system, TeamHeko wind deflectors, 2din DVD player with reverse camera and GPS navigation

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
          Working...
          X