Below Nav Bar

Collapse

Challenger , oil changed and now not starting ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ozzyal
    • Sep 2017
    • Rushworth

Challenger , oil changed and now not starting ?

As stated in the title , I just changed the oil , not the filter , and now when I try to start it , I'm getting the instrument lights blinking continuously. If I turn key to attempt to start engine I get nothing at all .
    Any advice ?
  • spot01
    Valued Member
    • Apr 2011
    • Adelaide

Originally posted by Ozzyal View Post
    As stated in the title , I just changed the oil , not the filter , and now when I try to start it , I'm getting the instrument lights blinking continuously. If I turn key to attempt to start engine I get nothing at all .
    Any advice ?
    Might be a flat battery? Are you in the auto club/roadside assist?
    Pajero NX MY21 GLS

Comment

• Ozzyal
      • Sep 2017
      • Rushworth

You could be right . Absolutely no sign of it before , but multimeter tells me bugger all voltage .
      Tried to jump start off a different battery which tests at 12.87v , but I'm not confident it doesn't also have a crook cell .
      But at least it attempted to turn over and no idiot lights flashing and carrying on .
      I did 300kms yesterday , no hint at all of a battery problem .
      I now have the battery on a charger with rejuvenation mode . See what happens tomorrow .

Comment

• 900canoes
        Valued Member
        • May 2008
        • FNQ

Is it one of those 'supercharge' batteries from Autobuns?
        2010 (MY11) PB LS Manual. 2017 LS-U DMax spacecab.

Comment

• Ozzyal
          • Sep 2017
          • Rushworth

Definitely not a known brand . I'll just buy a fresh N70 in town tomorrow .
          Good thing it crap'd itself in my garage instead of in the middle of nowhere I guess .

Comment

• Ozzyal
            • Sep 2017
            • Rushworth

Definitely not a known brand . I'll just buy a fresh N70 in town tomorrow .
            Good thing it crap'd itself in my garage instead of in the middle of nowhere I guess .

Comment

• Ozzyal
              • Sep 2017
              • Rushworth

No wonder I couldn't find this post to update it , ive posted it in the wrong section .
              Should have been in 2009 - 2015 .

Anyway , new battery has solved the problem . Weird coincidence that it happened to die at the time I did an oil change . Absolutely no symptoms of it failing before hand .

New issue now . Seems to be using approximately 10 % more fuel now .
              Would the flat battery cause something in the system to need to be reset at the dealer ?

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
              Working...
              X