Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Commercial Advertisers > Commercial Advertisers > MM 4X4

MM 4X4 Affordable Vehicle Electronics

Old 19-03-20
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi downunder View Post
OK,
MMAL has said I have a P1610 code..... faulty upper and lower wiring loom needs replacing
$785 to fix.

Is this what the code means?
Cheers
Is it a P or B prefix on the fault code?
P fault codes are related to the engine and fuel system.
B1610 Seat belt pre-tensioner (passengerís side) (squib) system (open-circuited in the squib circuit)
Why won't it be covered free of charge, this is is a know fault and MMAL have been replacing these looms free of charge.

OJ.
2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .
Old 19-03-20

Quote:
Originally Posted by old Jack View Post
Is it a P or B prefix on the fault code?
P fault codes are related to the engine and fuel system.
B1610 Seat belt pre-tensioner (passenger’s side) (squib) system (open-circuited in the squib circuit)
Why won't it be covered free of charge, this is is a know fault and MMAL have been replacing these looms free of charge.

OJ.
Just looked at my invoice
P1610 given as reason. (looked on internet and couldn't find a match on this code for SRS system)

Once again I suspect MMAL is pulling a swift one for work!
I would have thought I could see a P code with my 'Torque Pro' app

What you says makes me want to take it somewhere else....
I'll phone tomorrow and have them up on it!!

Any suggestions for an alternate company to read by CANBus in southern Adelaide.
PS: I'm outside of warranty so I guess thats the reason they want me to pay.

Last edited by Kiwi downunder; 19-03-20 at 05:02 PM. Reason: refined
Old 19-03-20
Administrator

https://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum...=23571&page=42

Over 400 posts concerning the SRS Airbag looms and many vehicles out if warranty have had looms replaced.
The precedent has been set, the Dealer is doing a shonky on you.

OJ.
2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
Old 20-03-20

Hey guys, I've owned my PC challenger for 3 months now and I've enjoyed looking through the forums to learn about the eccentricities it has.

I'm very interested in the automate, as I use mine for my daily commute. I've been overriding the auto to make it cruise in 4th at 60kph, but see the value of automate doing much more.

I'm a novice when it comes to car modifications. I read on the MM4x4 website that the install involves centre console removal on the Pajero, is this the case for the Challenger?

Cheers
Old 20-03-20
Administrator

Hi Derek,

The centre floor console and the right hand under dash trim covers need to be removed to install either Lockup Mate or Auto Mate. Trim removal is not difficult if you know the correct technique and sequence.

To fit these kits you need to have the following tools and skills.

1. Basic mechanical hand tools and some experience in their use.
2. Ability and tools to cut, stripe, solder and heat shrink a fine wire in an awkward position.
3. Care, patience and attention to detail, and the ability to follow detailed instructions.

There is plenty of experience and support on here if you want to tackle these installations.

OJ.
Old 20-03-20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derekthetree View Post
Hey guys, I've owned my PC challenger for 3 months now and I've enjoyed looking through the forums to learn about the eccentricities it has.

I'm very interested in the automate, as I use mine for my daily commute. I've been overriding the auto to make it cruise in 4th at 60kph, but see the value of automate doing much more.

I'm a novice when it comes to car modifications. I read on the MM4x4 website that the install involves centre console removal on the Pajero, is this the case for the Challenger?

Cheers
Its a fantastic tool/ mod, had mine for three weeks and showing great promise.
O.J has hit the nail on the head for the install.... I would add further to this that you need small/ nimble hands and some torso flexibility too.
Yoga warm up
Paul T
Old 23-03-20

Quote:
Originally Posted by old Jack View Post
Hi Derek,

The centre floor console and the right hand under dash trim covers need to be removed to install either Lockup Mate or Auto Mate. Trim removal is not difficult if you know the correct technique and sequence.

To fit these kits you need to have the following tools and skills.

1. Basic mechanical hand tools and some experience in their use.
2. Ability and tools to cut, stripe, solder and heat shrink a fine wire in an awkward position.
3. Care, patience and attention to detail, and the ability to follow detailed instructions.

There is plenty of experience and support on here if you want to tackle these installations.

OJ.
Cheers guys, appreciate the feedback. Decisions, decisions!
Old 03-08-20

I got my automate for my PC Challenger last week and installed it over the weekend.
Some swearing and time later it was installed and test drive worked well and showed some good improvements to the driveability.
Shame as a Melburnian I can't do much with it currently or test it properly...

My tips for anybody else:
- I broke the two front plastic clips for the transmission cover during removing them (very brittle). I'm sure they are an easy replacement though
- The transmission plug (purple in my PC) is a PITA to reach as there is a lump of plastic right above it. Eventually I figured levering it off its little sticky patch and pushing it forward gave me enough space to unclip it.
- There is just enough space to clear the LED controller wire past the dash and into the door panel gap. This saved removing the lower door arch trims

Overall it was fine, even for a novice car modder such as myself.
Thanks to Marshall for all the delivery updates and creating the product