• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OldBull53
    • May 2020
    • Gladstone Qld

Hi guys and gals,
    I am a new member to the group (3days). I have had my NX from new in 2018. I have 70k on the speedo. I have done the usual mods of bullbars, long range ARB tank, dual battery in the 3rd seat well, UHF etc but I am looking at further mods such as TC lock up kits, traction control lock up kit (Vlad).
    I am seeking recommendations for a iOS App and Bluetooth OBD2 unit similar to Torque Pro (Android only) for a the Paj.
    Thanks
    Ken
  • Ozzz
    • May 2019
    • Brisbane

Originally posted by OldBull53 View Post
    Hi guys and gals,
    I am a new member to the group (3days). I have had my NX from new in 2018. I have 70k on the speedo. I have done the usual mods of bullbars, long range ARB tank, dual battery in the 3rd seat well, UHF etc but I am looking at further mods such as TC lock up kits, traction control lock up kit (Vlad).
    I am seeking recommendations for a iOS App and Bluetooth OBD2 unit similar to Torque Pro (Android only) for a the Paj.
    Thanks
    Ken
    welcome
    How is suspension? seems quite a lot weight at front
    My20 Nx Gls Graphite | Tow Bar| Plates Sum,Trans&Rear| Munji Egr| Provent Catch Can| Automate Pro| Rock Slider| Paddle Shift| 265 70 r17 Goodyear Silenttrac| Koni 90&88 plus Kings| Tuningkit Race​​​​​

Comment

• OldBull53
      • May 2020
      • Gladstone Qld

Hi Ozzz,
      Have worked on the suspension with 40mm lift, king springs 300kg upgrade and Bilsten shocks. I have removed the 2nd and 3rd row seats (approx 100kg). I am in the process of fitting out interior . I try to travel light as i generally solo travel in my car within a group of 3 to 5 cars.
      Ken

Comment

• liyunzhnen001
        • Nov 2018
        • WA

Hi Ozzz,
        Have worked on the suspension with 40mm lift, king springs 300kg upgrade and Bilsten shocks. I have removed the 2nd and 3rd row seats (approx 100kg). I am in the process of fitting out interior . I try to travel light as i generally solo travel in my car within a group of 3 to 5 cars.
        Ken
        Could you tell me how is the ride? where did you do the fitting and what was the price?

I am going to do a 2 inch lift as well. I am currently tossing coins between OME and bilstein.

THX

Comment

• OldBull53
          • May 2020
          • Gladstone Qld

I bought my car new in August 2018. During pre-delivery I had fitted an arb 128l long range fuel tank, a arb deluxe bull bar, OEM tow bar, king springs and bilstein shocks, and frylt nemesis 9000 spotlights. I was salary sacrificing so was convenient to do at the time.
          I don’t really have a reference point for how a standard car performs but the ride is very good with my set up. I should mention the springs are a 300kg upgrade to account for the extra weight of the accessories I had fitted. Why I chose the set up I did was I know other Pajero owners who had the the same combination setups. I haven’t been disappointed. I travel a lot of B roads in outback Queensland for work as well as 4wd in national parks and beach driving on Moreton Island. I have 2 sets of wheels running the original 18” wheel set up for highway and 17x9 Tuff rims with 265/70 x17 Pirelli ATR Plus AT for off road.
          The off road combo is only a little bit harsher so for the 15000k’s i have left this set up on the car.
          The set up should set you back about 1900 to 2000. I got mine fitted for 1750 but through a friend who had a suspension shop.
          I have no complaints with the set up.
          It will depend on what type of driving you are doing but for my lifestyle of a 4 day off road trip once a month, with a once a year tour out back and weekend adventures I reckon it’s a good set up.
          Ken
          A bit long winded reply but I hope this helps.

Comment

• OldBull53
            • May 2020
            • Gladstone Qld

My insurance is aware of the mods and wheels I use on the car and are listed on my policy. So discuss with your insurance before hand.
            Ken

Comment

• liyunzhnen001
              • Nov 2018
              • WA

I bought my car new in August 2018. During pre-delivery I had fitted an arb 128l long range fuel tank, a arb deluxe bull bar, OEM tow bar, king springs and bilstein shocks, and frylt nemesis 9000 spotlights. I was salary sacrificing so was convenient to do at the time.
              I don’t really have a reference point for how a standard car performs but the ride is very good with my set up. I should mention the springs are a 300kg upgrade to account for the extra weight of the accessories I had fitted. Why I chose the set up I did was I know other Pajero owners who had the the same combination setups. I haven’t been disappointed. I travel a lot of B roads in outback Queensland for work as well as 4wd in national parks and beach driving on Moreton Island. I have 2 sets of wheels running the original 18” wheel set up for highway and 17x9 Tuff rims with 265/70 x17 Pirelli ATR Plus AT for off road.
              The off road combo is only a little bit harsher so for the 15000k’s i have left this set up on the car.
              The set up should set you back about 1900 to 2000. I got mine fitted for 1750 but through a friend who had a suspension shop.
              I have no complaints with the set up.
              It will depend on what type of driving you are doing but for my lifestyle of a 4 day off road trip once a month, with a once a year tour out back and weekend adventures I reckon it’s a good set up.
              Ken
              A bit long winded reply but I hope this helps.
              Thank you for your reply. Do you know the if 300 KG counts the weight of rear passengers?

Comment

• Seigried
                Valued Member
                • Apr 2016
                • brisbane

I use a jay car reliance brand obd2 bluetooth dongle. Works fine for me.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Comment

• Jasonmc73
                  Valued Member
                  • Jun 2019
                  • Brisbane

Originally posted by liyunzhnen001 View Post
                  Thank you for your reply. Do you know the if 300 KG counts the weight of rear passengers?
                  He has no seats so passengers have become null & void
                  Mitsubishi Pajero NX MY16 GLS with Sand Grabba floor mats, Ultragauge, Automate & Paddle gear shifters with Vlads traction control mod, Nautia switch panel, ARB compressor, Redarc Tow Pro, Anderson plug, Bushskinz front & rear alloy plates, Kaon light duty cargo barrier & rear door table

Comment

• old Jack
                    Regular
                    • Jun 2011
                    • Adelaide, South Australia.

300kg would most likely be the extra load that can be carried by the rear axle for a pair of coils.

From the King Catalouge;

King KCRR-35HD are listed as 100kg to 300kg.
                    King KCRR-35EHD are listed as 300kg to 500kg.

OJ.
                    2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
                    MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .

Comment

• OldBull53
                      • May 2020
                      • Gladstone Qld

I have the 100 to 300 spring sets.
                      The payload of the Pajero is720kg or there about. With the extra weight but minus the seats I am plus approx 80kg over standard. So that brings it down to 640kg payload By the time I throw in driver and passenger camping gear full tank of fuel I am probably plus 350 to 400kg. Payload is now down to 240kg.
                      These could be under estimates but the Pajero is set up to the way it is to manage the driving I do comfortably. I have towed a camper trailer a few times that added a tow ball weight of 110kg. Still within specs.
                      Loaded or empty the ride is very good.
                      The 265/70 x17 pirelli scorpions atr plus are a LT10ply S rated.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X