• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Benji
    • Dec 2013
    • Warragul

Bash Plate Bolt/Nut Issue!

Hi,

Have what looks like a reasonable problem, the bolt that holds the sump/intercooler bash plate in appears to have broken the weld that holds the nut on the inside of the fitting.

See the below pictures, unsure how to proceed but imagine it will have to be cut out and rewelded. Has anyone else experienced this?

• Boo Boo
    • Aug 2012
    • Kilsyth

Hey Benji
    You may be able to put a nutsert in there which will give you a thread.
    If you ever come to the eastern suburbs on Melbourne I can put one in for you.

Michael
    2008 NS DID, Smart bar and warn winch, Boos Bash plates, ex nsw police car, Safair snorkel and 2 inch OME lift.

Comment

• Benji
      • Dec 2013
      • Warragul

Hi Michael,

Which suburb are you in, I may take you up on the offer, PM me your details.

Hadn't heard of nutserts but a search on here looks good, this thread may help anyone else who has the issue in the future.

Ben

Comment

• Pajaru
        Valued Member
        • Dec 2013
        • Perth

Hey Benji,

I can't see any pictures.

Is this the two back nuts?

If it is I ground out the housing, put in a stud with threads that allowed the top and bottom nuts when tighten they tighten against one another.
        Building Now: MY20 GLX Pajero.

Retired: MY14 GLX-R Pajero
        To go where very few have gone before https://www.pajeroforum.com.au/core/...ilies/wink.png

Our Travels & Our YouTube Channel

Comment

• stevemc181
          Valued Member
          • Sep 2012
          • Thornlie/Perth

I've repaired my front ones with heavy duty steel Nutserts as shown here http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...3&postcount=20

You can just use a bolt and washers along with a nut to pull the Nutserts into place if you don't have the proper tool. Plenty of you tube vids on how to use them. Either that or have a new captive nut welded into place, which is a bit more hassle.
          2012 NW Activ with all the fruit, stripped what I could for my new build and handed over to the Mrs as a daily driver.

Current vehicle: 2016 Y61 GU Patrol Legend series Auto, (Last of the Breed)
          3505kg GVM Upgrade and 2" Lift | Warn XD 9000 Winch | Factory steel bar, towbar, snorkel, alloy roof rack | 285/70/17 (33") Mickey T ATZ P3's | 3" Manta Exhaust | ORS Drawer System | Manual Boost Controller | ECU Remap |

Comment

• Boo Boo
            • Aug 2012
            • Kilsyth

I have PM'd you Benji
            2008 NS DID, Smart bar and warn winch, Boos Bash plates, ex nsw police car, Safair snorkel and 2 inch OME lift.

Comment

• Pusspuss5
              • Aug 2014
              • Thomastown, Victoria

36 months after popping my bash plate captive nut and numerous hours- not minutes - searching this forum and diy Nutsert tools (I bought the bolt washers etc 34 months ago) I finally got the job done, OMG what took me so long, one of the easiest jobs I have ever done.
              Thanks to everyone who has mention captured nut, Nutserts, rivnuts etc
              2014 NW VRX Di-D Auto 3.2 Cool Silver, SPVi MK3.1, IC/Sump Bushskinz, Internal LEDs, Donaldson aux filter kit #P903316, ScanGauge 11, GME TX3100 compact PnP CB radio, NW Foot rest, Mini 0806 dash-cam, Twin 6B&S Power to the rear, Century N70ZZLX MF battery

Comment

• Benji
                • Dec 2013
                • Warragul

Good to hear. All four of mine have nutserts in them, have done one at least twice. I'm not sure if it's just my bash plate but it's a bit of a pain.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                Working...
                X