• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Liam75
    • Dec 2018
    • Goongong

Hard Mounted Air Compressor for 2016 NX

Hi,
    Today I put the Pajero in to get my Bushranger Max Air 3 air compressor hard mounted and wired up.
    Unfortunately they were unable to find the room in the engine bay or the rear to mount it.
    Has anybody had the same issues and how have you solved them?
    I'm happy to sell off the Bushranger if anybody has found a different model that fits either the rear or engine bay.

Thanks
  • Seigried
    Valued Member
    • Apr 2016
    • brisbane

A few people have installed compressors behind the rear trim.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Comment

• pharb
      Valued Member
      • Jul 2007
      • Tyers,Vic

I cut out the rear trim and mounted N70Z sized battery on LHS and Kings twin head compressor on the other side.
      Hidden behind timber vertical sections that are finished with timber horizontal sections back to the sides. Finish about 50mm below the windows.

Still have full access to the under floor storage. I can't remember if it is a neat 1000m or a neat 900mm between the verticals.

One day I will actually get time finish it off with trim and fridge mount etc, and to wire it up instead of running the alligator clips across to the battery
      PCOV Member 1107.
      Daily driver NX GLX
      Semi retired NL GLS 3.5 (no airbags) in almost prestine condition to replace NJ.
      Virtually fully retired NJ 2.8TD
      Previously - NB LWB, NA SWB.

Comment

• BruceandBobbi
        Valued Member
        • Aug 2016
        • Greater Sydney

I haven't see it done but have heard if you don't have a second battery under bonnet it can be mounted there on a bracket.

Comment

• Jasonmc73
          Valued Member
          • Jun 2019
          • Brisbane

See this link.

Geopaj has fitted the compressor inside the rear wheel holder.

I reckon it is solid choice.

Arb single cylinder.

First, a bit of background. For approximately 10 years, I had an NL. (Photo taken in Nov '14) http://s30.postimg.cc/kb7fjdlj5/image.jpg (http://postimage.org/) Absolutely loved the NL. It was set up for outback touring (ARB bulbar, tinted windows, UHF, 20L water tank, lift, LT tires, winch, roof rack, & awning, cargo
          Mitsubishi Pajero NX MY16 GLS with Sand Grabba floor mats, Ultragauge, Automate & Paddle gear shifters with Vlads traction control mod, Nautia switch panel, ARB compressor, Redarc Tow Pro, Anderson plug, Bushskinz front & rear alloy plates, Kaon light duty cargo barrier & rear door table

Comment

• BruceandBobbi
            Valued Member
            • Aug 2016
            • Greater Sydney

Think the Bushranger is a bit bigger than the ARB mate.

The Bushranger® Max Air III Compressor has been engineered and designed with quick and easy in mind. This unit easily inflates and deflates and can also support all your air-supply needs. Simply use this compressor without the need to constantly turn it on and off. It is fantastic for use on tyres and offers not only fast inflation and ease of use, but is manufactured to the highest standards of quality and backed with a 5 year warranty. This compressor is also great for use in an on-board air system, you can simply hard-mount the compressor and fasten it to a tank, as the pressure switch is already installed.

Comment

• Jasonmc73
              Valued Member
              • Jun 2019
              • Brisbane

Originally posted by BruceandBobbi View Post
              Think the Bushranger is a bit bigger than the ARB mate.

https://bushranger.com.au/product/ma...ii-compressor/
              Sure is, the OP stated he was considering selling the current Bushranger.

I remembered this post by Geopaj & thought I would bring it to his attention.

Just another option I suppose
              Mitsubishi Pajero NX MY16 GLS with Sand Grabba floor mats, Ultragauge, Automate & Paddle gear shifters with Vlads traction control mod, Nautia switch panel, ARB compressor, Redarc Tow Pro, Anderson plug, Bushskinz front & rear alloy plates, Kaon light duty cargo barrier & rear door table

Comment

• Keithyv
                Valued Member
                • May 2018
                • Perth

I reckon there’s heaps of room behind the grill.
                2014 NW MY14 3.2 DID GLX-R Auto. Champagne in colour!
                MM Lockup mate. King KCRS-35 rear springs. Monroe Gas Magnum TDT rear shocks. 3M color stable tint all round. Spare wheel lift kit. 'Dynamat' in all doors and rear cargo area. Pioneer AVH-Z5150BT Head Unit. Upgraded Speakers. Rear (2nd row) USB outlet. Factory nudge bar with LED light bar. Provent catch can. LED interior lights. Rear cargo area twin Andersons and Merit socket. Anderson plug in rear bumper. 6 channel TPMS.

Comment

• Seigried
                  Valued Member
                  • Apr 2016
                  • brisbane

Denmonkey has done some vids on this.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Comment

• Turorit
                    • Oct 2016
                    • Adelaide

I've mounted my thumper max in my drawer system behind my fridge slide. 4awg back to the start battery.
                    Attached Files
                    2013 NW GLX. 285,000km | ARB Deluxe Bar, Boo's bashplates, 4x4 Tough Winch, underbonnet dual battery & db140i isolator, D697 265/70r17, Rhino tracks & vortex bars, DIY rear drawers, Waeco CF40, 60L water bladder, 2.5m awning, Vlad TC mod, Provent 200, TJM Airtec, Uniden UH8060.
                    --SOLD--1995 NJ GLS 3.5L Manual. 348,000km 2" Toughdog/EFS suspension, 265/75r16 Toyo Open Country A/T II

Comment

• 1533rl
                      • Jun 2007
                      • armadale wa

Hard Mounted Air Compressor for 2016 NX

Hi Liam, are you really that old ?
                      If you do go down the road of getting a smaller compressor - I have fitted the single pot ARB compressor in the engine bay of my NP. I made up a bracket and used the existing bolts on the engine bay wall. Had to move the ABS relays onto the rear wall and showhorn the comp relay into the corner but it works fine. Switch is on the dash under the steering wheel and with the single hose I can reach all 4 wheels without a problem.
                      It would also fit inside the plastic bulkhead in the rear compartment (Passenger side) but I would have had to run the wire down inside and it was much easier to wire it up in the engine bay.
                      Cheers
                      Peter
                      Attached Files

Comment

• Liam75
                        • Dec 2018
                        • Goongong

Not old but jumping out of planes for a living has made my back a couple of decades older. Let alone the knee issues I have as well.
                        Sometimes I think the wife thinks about putting me down for my own good 😂
                        TJM have provided a solution with their new vehicle compressor. Have to sell the current one first though.

Comment

• Mundy55
                          Valued Member
                          • Nov 2015
                          • Gold Coast

Originally posted by Turorit View Post
                          I've mounted my thumper max in my drawer system behind my fridge slide. 4awg back to the start battery.
                          Not sold on the compressor location but love the water spout. I have to steal that idea. Well done!

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X