Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > General Information > Do It Yourself Projects

Do It Yourself Projects Anything that you have made up yourself. Rear storage systems etc

Old 12-04-20
Valued Member

Default Knocking up a fridge slide

Gday,
Im going to have a crack at making a fridge slide. I have a couple of server sliders, just need to get some steel and ply.
Any tips from anyone who has built one before?
Cheers,
Andrew.

Sent from my CPH1611 using Tapatalk

2008 NS Diesel Auto - stock as a rock. Planning Tow bar, dual battery system, cargo barrier, bullbar, winch, lights, roof rack and suspension.
Jayco Starcraft 17.58-3.
Old 13-04-20
Valued Member

I used 3mm steel angle iron for the main frame bolted onto 12mm ply. Simple to make although I did have to grind a few bolt heads to allow the slides to operate without catching. Ende up giving it away after a year or so as it was extra weight and decided not to leave the fridge in all the time. Same as the cupboards I made...too heavy and find the plastic tubs so much lighter and easier to use with a lot more room available to use. Have fun, should keep you occupied for a couple of hours...Internet has quite a few examples if you get stuck with the slide..

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.
Why is lemon juice made with artificial flavouring, and dish washing liquid made with real lemons?

Telegraph X camper
Old 13-04-20
Valued Member

Cheers Dicko. Im planning on building a cage around Thu fridge so i can teavel with the Weber on top. Going to use milk crates for any loose items.
Cheers,
Andrew

2008 NS Diesel Auto - stock as a rock. Planning Tow bar, dual battery system, cargo barrier, bullbar, winch, lights, roof rack and suspension.
Jayco Starcraft 17.58-3.
Old 13-04-20
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herman4x4 View Post
Cheers Dicko. Im planning on building a cage around Thu fridge so i can teavel with the Weber on top. Going to use milk crates for any loose items.
Cheers,
Andrew

I know some of the blokes used the aluminum square tube and plastic connectors from bUnnings for cupboards. Might be able to use them for a cage of some sorts as well.

Why is lemon juice made with artificial flavouring, and dish washing liquid made with real lemons?

Telegraph X camper
Old 13-04-20
Valued Member

They would keep the weight down.

Jayco Starcraft 17.58-3.
Old 14-04-20
Valued Member

I made a fridge slide using 40x20 wood (not pine) which I glued and screwed into a U. At the open end and near the closed end I used 40mm aluminium strip to stablise the sides and for the screw down to the base of the drawer system. Base of slide, between the runners was an aluminium sheet. All up cost me about $40 excluding the runners which were given to me.
Old 14-04-20

Default Fridge slide

[QUOTE=Herman4x4;629993]Cheers Dicko. Im planning on building a cage around Thu fridge so i can teavel with the Weber on top. Going to use milk crates for any loose items.

Just some ideas,

Steel reo mesh can be used with a bit of careful cutting bending and welding, for making a cage. Scrounge around building sites or scrap metal dealers for a piece, say, F82 mesh, which is 8mm bars 200mm x 90mm mesh.
Of course you will need to descale it and give a good paint job.

I used some sliders from Bunnings, load capacity at least 30Kg each for my drawer system, cost <$20 a pair.

If you use the Al. square tube as a load bearing frame, it should be braced.
Old 17-04-20
Valued Member

Slide almost done. Will need to think how to attach to the floor.
Will be fitting a cargo barrier down the track.
Can anyone advise how they fix to the floor, is it by where the baby bolts atrach to, or do you fit new anchor points?
Thanks,
Andrew

Jayco Starcraft 17.58-3.
Old 18-04-20
Valued Member

Use the baby bolts

Telegraph X camper
Old 18-04-20
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicko1 View Post
Use the baby bolts
Thanks , Will do.

Jayco Starcraft 17.58-3.