• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jop
    • Oct 2008
    • brisbane

Jtop clutch

G'day fellas,

Getting a few quotes together for a new clutch on my 94 jtop 3ltr, it seems it is a bitch of a job due to the welded in crossmember. especially in mine with the hydraulic lift mechanism bulking up the crossmember.

Quotes so far have been hard to get a solid number, but have been around the $1500+ range

Has anyone got any contacts in brissy for this kind of job.

Cheers
    Mark
  • just_sam
    • Jun 2009
    • Perth/Brisbane

If they can't pull the GB easily then the motor will be coming out. That's a good day involved ($400), plus any tool charge (whatever they'll charge for using a lifter), plus the clutch itself (about $350 for a heavy duty one). Oils, exhaust gaskets, coolant adds probably another $200. Add GST and some for contingencies and the 1500 guess-timate is probably not so bad really. eek!

Actually, it would be a good time for cam belt/water pump etc. That job is a zillion times easier while the motor is out. Another 4 or 5 hundy for parts... especially the water pump which is only a lot expensive!!!

yeah. ouch.

:/

Comment

• jop
      • Oct 2008
      • brisbane

Yeah thanks for the replies and pm's fellas, i dropped in to see john at arb capalaba on recomendation from a few people.

He has assured me they can do it without removing the engine and gave me a great price.

John is a champion - He used to work for mitsu and has owned seven paj's and still owns a 3.5 shorty.

Very helpfull and good for a chat.

Cheers
      Mark

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
      Working...
      X