Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > General Information > Electrical / Radios

Electrical / Radios Discussion of electrical systems and accessories.

Old 4 Days Ago
Valued Member

Default Torque Pro app.

Dear Gang,

Has anyone had any issues connecting the Torque Pro app to their OBD2? I have a BAFX android version OBD2. I also have the MMCS and I suspect the issue may arise from the handsfree, but not certain. When I have disconnected the handsfree I have been able to connect the TP app, but that may have been a coincidence. I have followed the BAFX setup to the letter, but no cosistant joy.

Matt
Old 4 Days Ago

Torque pro needs bluetooth to work so if your handsfree is bluetooth you cant have them both on unless it has some sort of dual bt system.
Old 3 Days Ago
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rykiel575 View Post
Torque pro needs bluetooth to work so if your handsfree is bluetooth you cant have them both on unless it has some sort of dual bt system.

Hi mate, I think I just found the solution in an old thread https://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum...ght=torque+app

We are on the right track, in as much as the MMCS is trying to connect hands free at the same time. The forum member above at the first emntry mentions this and found that by allowing the Torque app connect forst then manually connecting the handsfree it worked ok. Te two are competing to connect to the phone at the same time and it crashes the bluetooth connect. Seems bloody ridiculous really, but it is what it is. Im tipping this does not happen with more modern head units that are not MMCS!
Old 3 Days Ago
Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTX View Post
Im tipping this does not happen with more modern head units that are not MMCS!
I have a cheap Android head unit, and have few troubles. I have an app on the phone that fires up Torque when the phone connects to the head unit - so the head unit is normally connected before Torque tries.

I do still have occasional problems where my phone loses its pairing with the OBD2 dongle. That can be a pain to fix, but I think it's more a problem with the dongle.

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....
Old 3 Days Ago
Valued Member

I got a response from BAFX OBD2, which echoes what the member in the previous post:

Tony R.
(BAFX Products / Simplistex)

Jan 14, 11:58 PM CST
Hi Matt,

Can you try unpairing the vehicles hands free, setting up the OBD reader and then going back and pairing the hands free again and see if that changes anything? Sometimes simply changing the order of pairing will clear up these types of problems.
Tony R.
BAFX Products
Milwaukee, WI