Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Generation 4-1 Pajero

Generation 4-1 Pajero NS Model 2006 - 2009

Old 4 Days Ago
Valued Member

Default Oil Pressure

I am beginning to suspect this may end up a bit of an odd one. Yesterday I had the oil pressure light coming on at idle and going out with revs - not unlike others have encountered and discussed in other threads. But what I couldn't work out from reading those other threads (which all pointed to the oil pressure sender being located on the block near the oil filter and turbo) is why my oil pressure sensor is sitting on top of the vacuum pump?! More odd is that when I look in the Mitsubishi manual there is no oil pressure sender shown on top of the vacuum pump, making my setup look odd.

I recall that last year when I got fuel contamination and had all the fuel injection replaced they had some issue working out where the wiring to the oil pressure sender was meant to go and they ran some new wiring to where it is now situated on top of the vacuum pump.

I have two questions - can anyone confirm that this setup is wrong. I.e. does anyone else have a pressure sensor on top of their vacuum pump as shown in the photos I have attached?

The second point is that in the photos you can see oil is weeping around the pressure sender. I suspect this is why I have the oil pressure light flicking on. I.e. nothing really wrong with the engine or oil pressure in reality, just issues with sensing. Engine is sounding and performing just fine.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg thumbnail_IMG_20190114_155755.jpg (93.2 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg thumbnail_IMG_20190114_155801.jpg (78.5 KB, 20 views)
MCC Bullbar. Runva 11XP winch. 17" Dotz rims with 32" STT Pro. Koni HT RAID 90 series with +2" EHD Lovells springs. ASFIR protection plates for engine & transmission. DIY steel rocksliders & rear bumper bash plate. Waeco CFX-40. Home made drawers & fridge slide. Dual power - 120a/h AGM with CTEK DC-DC. LED lighting. 43 litre water tank with two electric pumps - one for tap (via filter) & one via heat exchanger.