Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Generation 4-3 Pajero

Generation 4-3 Pajero NW model 2011 - 2014

Old 03-01-16

Default pajero DiD NW fuel relay and fuel pump location

Hey guys
Does anyone know where is fuel relay and fuel pump located? Is fuel pump in the fuel tank?

Cheers
Amit

NW 2011 3.2 DiD, Safari Snorkel, Bilstien and Lovells 2" lift, Warne WD 9000 Winch, Smartbar, Centre & Rear Diff Lock, Bushskinz Underbody guards, Lightforce Driving lights, Uniden UH7700 NB White CH5T Antenna, Continental Cross Contact 265/65/17/ Bridgestone Dueler D697 LT
Old 03-01-16
Valued Member

I don't think there is any 'in tank' fuel pump on the diesel.
The fuel is sucked out of the tank by the common rail pump I am pretty sure... I will stand corrected if someone can prove me wrong though!
Cheers, Dan.
2004 NP DiD GLX, 5 spd Manual with SMF, ARB Bullbar, Ironman 12000lb winch, Lightforce Genesis lights, Airtec Snorkel, 81L LRA tank, Unifilter, GME 3500 UHF, Redarc elec brake controller, ARB dual Batt tray with 60AH Deep cycle Batt & Redarc Isolator, Bushskinz Sliders, intercooler and sump guards, Lovells raised HD springs, Polyairs & Bilstein shocks, Milford Cargo Barrier, Philips +100 globes, 2nd set of rims with 245/75x16 Bighorns, Waeco 60L Fridge & a Cavalier camper trailer!
Old 03-01-16

Thanks Aussie Dan

NW 2011 3.2 DiD, Safari Snorkel, Bilstien and Lovells 2" lift, Warne WD 9000 Winch, Smartbar, Centre & Rear Diff Lock, Bushskinz Underbody guards, Lightforce Driving lights, Uniden UH7700 NB White CH5T Antenna, Continental Cross Contact 265/65/17/ Bridgestone Dueler D697 LT
Old 03-01-16
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie_Dan View Post
I don't think there is any 'in tank' fuel pump on the diesel.
The fuel is sucked out of the tank by the common rail pump I am pretty sure... I will stand corrected if someone can prove me wrong though!
Cheers, Dan.
x2

Hill
Old 03-01-16
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitasdhir View Post
Hey guys
Does anyone know where is fuel relay and fuel pump located? Is fuel pump in the fuel tank?

Cheers
Amit
This manual will help you locate them:

http://faq.out-club.ru/download/paje...3/index_M1.htm

Don't mess with the pump - they are damned expensive!
Old 14-02-20

Quote:
Originally Posted by spot01 View Post
This manual will help you locate them:

http://faq.out-club.ru/download/paje...3/index_M1.htm

Don't mess with the pump - they are damned expensive!
Thanks Guys, I was sitting at the servo waiting for the tow truck when I posted. That link was perfect, great manual, used it before and found what in the fuel pump section including a great link that shows it step by step as per pic below. The pump is under a panel under the drivers side back seat when you tip it forward, don't even have to remove carpet or trims.

I'll have a go at draining it through the filler neck first as I have a gear driven pump and a couple of electric fuel pumps I can use. If I can get close to 85 litres out I'll be happy. If that doesn't work I'll remove the pump but that will take longer and I'm meant to leave at 10 am tomorrow morning for Sydney. I'll let you know how I go. First and last time for that stupid mistake.

Thanks all for the responses.

Old 15-02-20
Valued Member

That manual section talks about a petrol. In a diesel there is a strainer and gauge sender but no pump. But if you only want to remove to drain your tank then it doesn't matter. Small tip - push the hose in, then pull the lock collar back as you remove the line. There is no fuel relay on a diesel either.

Pat