Below Nav Bar

Collapse

Lock Up Mate - Sports Mode Issue or Normal Behaviour?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HeavyPizzaz
    Valued Member
    • May 2017
    • Sydney

I took the Paj to get some fuel this morning. Normally it's the missus' daily driver.

Was driving in 4H.

Noticed the following behaviour that it has today and I gotta say I don't remember the car doing this in the past:

When stopped at an intersection, idling, if you push the gear selector into Sports Mode, it won't show "1" in the number below D in the instrument cluster like many cars do. You know how some cars let you start off in 2nd? Yeah, I couldn't do that. The first time I pushed it into Sports Mode it did actually flash "1" VERY briefly before disappearing but thereafter didn't show again.

When I start off and the revs and speed get up a bit, by which time I'm in 2nd gear, only then will "2" appear in the instrument cluster. And then I can speed up and select 3, 4 etc. However, if I slow down enough, the number will disappear. I can't manually select 1st even if I'm going slow enough.

As mentioned, this is unlike many other sports mode cars I drive including my daily driver / commute vehicle, a Kia which lets you select all gears?

Also while driving just around the back streets in Sports Mode (2, 3 4) the LED was on for most of the time suggesting the TC was locked up, which I don't remember occurring so much after I first installed it, but maybe I just hadn't noticed it.

Is the Sports Mode selector issue (in particular) normal behaviour on the Paj?
  • HeavyPizzaz
    Valued Member
    • May 2017
    • Sydney

Ok I obviously need to spend more time reading the User Manual before jumping on here. It mentions Sports Mode using a hybrid Sport/Drive mode to avoid 1st gear quirks under 30kph, and explains how to disable it for safety reasons (engine braking etc.).

I do remember reading this section of the Manual when I installed it and understanding the logic.

In the 2+ months since I installed it I've obviously totally forgotten about this feature since I don't daily drive the Paj. Plus I haven't had coffee yet.

Ran diagnostics and it's fine.

Mods can either delete this thread or leave it here in case somebody else neglects to read the User Manual like me.

I am now going to re-read the entire User Manual 3-4 times before my trip lol.
    Last edited by HeavyPizzaz; 25-08-19, 08:58 AM.

Comment

• old Jack
      Regular
      • Jun 2011
      • Adelaide, South Australia.

Also remember that neither Lockup Mate or Auto Mate will not function completely and lock the TC up, unless the ATF is up to temperature. On the Challenger/Triton with the 5 speed Jatco trans, this is 40C.

OJ.
      2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
      MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .

Comment

• HeavyPizzaz
        Valued Member
        • May 2017
        • Sydney

Originally posted by old Jack View Post
        Also remember that neither Lockup Mate or Auto Mate will not function completely and lock the TC up, unless the ATF is up to temperature. On the Challenger/Triton with the 5 speed Jatco trans, this is 40C.

OJ.
        Thanks OJ [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
        Working...
        X