• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nj swb
    Resident
    • Jun 2007
    • Adelaide

Published vehicle weights

I was just checking up on 200 Series payload figures, and found it a little tricky to find anything meaningful.

In Toyota's official specifications here all vehicle have the same kerb weight, the same GVM, and (therefore) the same payload.

Until you read the fine print:

Originally posted by Toyota
    1 Vehicle weights/mass and dimensions are approximate and subject to individual vehicle variances. Vehicles should be individually weighed and measured before fitting any accessories, towing or designing any compatible trailer/caravan or otherwise using the vehicle in any way that depends on this value.
    NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 ST Maxx, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box
  • BruceandBobbi
    Valued Member
    • Aug 2016
    • Greater Sydney

Typical Toyota BS. Pretty pathetic for them to put it back on the consumer.

Comment

• Ian H
      Valued Member
      • May 2015
      • Melbourne

Interesting how the payload of the 200 Cruiser is over 150kg less than the Paj.

I'd like to see one of those tow their full rated capacity of 3500kg with any sort of load in the car.
      2015 NX GLS, Factory alloy bar, Kings HD Springs & Koni Shocks with 50mm lift, MM Auto Mate, Paddle shift kit, dual batteries with Redarc DC/DC, LRA 58L tank, Safari snorkel, Boo's bash plates (full set), 17" steels with BFG KO2's, Drifta drawers with slide, TPMS, Uniden UH8080S, Alpine iLX-702D head unit.

Comment

• dhula
        Valued Member
        • Sep 2012
        • South of Perth

Another thing it says in the fine print is
        Ensure the mass of your load does not exceed the maximum allowable individual axle capacity, Gross Vehicle Mass and/or Gross Combined Mass of the vehicle. Refer to toyota.com.au for further details.
        but I can't find any of that info apart from GVM anywhere on the Toyota website (yet) so ends up being a circular argument.

I think it's pretty crap that Toyota can't at least get close to what the kerb weight is for each spec level but on the other hand, I think it's about time car makers told owners to go and weigh their cars to get an accurate weight and not to rely on what they print/say.
        Last edited by dhula; 25-06-18, 09:31 PM.
        2010 NT Activ, DiD+lazy shift. Bushskins+Boo's, Kings springs+Monroe shocks+Firestone Airbags, MM towbar, MM nudgebar.
        2006 KJ Cherokee, CRD+lazy shift. Ironman springs and OME shocks, MoPar skids.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
        Working...
        X