• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • reciprovac
    • Jan 2011
    • broadford Victoria, Australia

Wheel alignment problems

Just got the NW back from a wheel alignment arranged after fitting a 40mm tough dog spring set.
    Completely stuffed up,vehicle bump steers,heavy on full lock and too sensitive to wheel direction changes .
    Front wheels visibly splayed outwards from vertical.
    Going back first thing tomorrow.
    I only have a manual up to 2010 model and would like to know if the alignment figures shown for the NS and NT are the same for my 2013 NW.
    If they are I will supply the workshop with my figures in an attempt to get it right.
    Regards
    2013 Pajero GLX-R auto Diesel.
    Tough dog 40mm raised suspension,ARB shocks,MCC bull bar,electric winch,bash plates,draws , engel fridge,dual batteries,air comp,water tank and electric pump,inverter,DC/DC charger,air bags, converter lock up system,diff/traction control modification.
  • toasta
    • Oct 2014
    • Northern Beaches, Sydney

Wow - sounds dodgy... does the workshop use laser alignment? I only take my 4wd to places with laser alignment and even then I ask them when it was last calibrated and if they can prove it. Some people get a bit annoyed but those that get it understand and usually have the answers on the tip of their tongue.

If your workshop doesn't have it it is not expensive if it is done on its own.

Comment

• pasniny
      Valued Member
      • Jul 2009

go to a tyre power bit far from you but knox did mine first go felt like a different car

Comment

• pauld
        Valued Member
        • Apr 2010
        • Melbourne

Originally posted by reciprovac View Post
        Just got the NW back from a wheel alignment arranged after fitting a 40mm tough dog spring set.
        Completely stuffed up,vehicle bump steers,heavy on full lock and too sensitive to wheel direction changes .
        Front wheels visibly splayed outwards from vertical.
        Going back first thing tomorrow.
        I only have a manual up to 2010 model and would like to know if the alignment figures shown for the NS and NT are the same for my 2013 NW.
        If they are I will supply the workshop with my figures in an attempt to get it right.
        Regards
        Bit of a hike but Widetread in Ferntree Gully are good with alignments on Pajeros. Get your money back rather that getting them to fix it, they are not capable.
        2015 NX, ARB Bullbar, Bilstein / Lovells HD Front and Kings SP Rear, Polyairs, 17" NP Exceed wheels, D697 LT265/65/17, STEDI Cree 24" 120Watt light bar, Tracklander 2100 Roof Cage, Bushskinz side steps and bash plates, 200AH of Batts under rear floor via Redarc 40 Amp, cargo barrier with custom rear shelf up high, TC mod, EGR mod, catch can, iPhone4 with OBD app, USB ports in all 3 rows, custom storage in rear passenger guard.

Comment

• reciprovac
          • Jan 2011
          • broadford Victoria, Australia

Wheels aligned

Went back and complained,workshop had the truck for an hr,reported" all the back end was loose".
          Obviously the first alignment check did not include the rear suspension.
          Now tracks well after complete alignment.
          It appears some mechanics consider an alignment for Pajeros is front end only, and not being aware that the rear needs setting up also-lesson for the future.
          Regards
          2013 Pajero GLX-R auto Diesel.
          Tough dog 40mm raised suspension,ARB shocks,MCC bull bar,electric winch,bash plates,draws , engel fridge,dual batteries,air comp,water tank and electric pump,inverter,DC/DC charger,air bags, converter lock up system,diff/traction control modification.

Comment

• Morville
            Valued Member
            • Mar 2008
            • Buxton Vic

They are dickheads, any competent mechanic should know that independent rear suspension needs to be aligned.
            Peter

Comment

• pauld
              Valued Member
              • Apr 2010
              • Melbourne

If they didn't know rear needed doing then I would say your chance of the job now being done correctly is about 0%
              2015 NX, ARB Bullbar, Bilstein / Lovells HD Front and Kings SP Rear, Polyairs, 17" NP Exceed wheels, D697 LT265/65/17, STEDI Cree 24" 120Watt light bar, Tracklander 2100 Roof Cage, Bushskinz side steps and bash plates, 200AH of Batts under rear floor via Redarc 40 Amp, cargo barrier with custom rear shelf up high, TC mod, EGR mod, catch can, iPhone4 with OBD app, USB ports in all 3 rows, custom storage in rear passenger guard.

Comment

• spot01
                Valued Member
                • Apr 2011
                • Adelaide

I'd keep a close watch on your tyre wear in case they still haven't done it properly.

Unfortunately these days, I find if you don't spell out in detail exactly what you want, step by step, you often get rubbish service at top price. I don't mind paying for top quality, but it must be top quality.
                Pajero NX MY21 GLS

Comment

• Dicko1
                  Valued Member
                  • Dec 2014
                  • Cairns, FNQ

i,LL SECOND tYREPOWER. i HAD MINE DONE AT aIRLIE bEACH (BIT NORTH OF YOU) AND VERY PLEASANT BLOKES AND FITTED ME IN AS A PRIORITY JOB...JUST HAD NEW SUSPENSION FITTED AND WAS GOING FISHING NEXT DAY!!LOL aLSO GAVE A PRINT OUT OF BEFORE AND AFTER CALIBRATIONS..
                  Dicko. FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.

TIME....1000 times more valuable than money

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X