• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kiwi1973
    Valued Member
    • Sep 2012
    • New Zealand

Just wanted to follow up and see how you got on with this. Is your confidence in the product returning?

Originally posted by stevemc181 View Post
    Sorry Mate, just haven't had the time to go for a good long run again. I've used the Lock Up without issue on a few freeway drives but needs more testing before I'll be confident in it again. Just had too much on with work and renovating the house these past few weeks

I'll be heading off for an overnighter in a couple of weeks time with a couple of the forum guys and will give it a run for a hundred km's or so.
    2007 Shogun 3.2DID. UK Diamond Spec. Harrop Eaton front E-locker. MCC Bullbar. Runva 11XP winch. 17" Dotz rims with 32" STT Pro. Koni HT RAID 90 series with +2" EHD Lovells springs. ASFIR protection plates for engine & transmission. DIY steel rocksliders. LRA 81 litre auxiliary fuel tank. Waeco CFX-40. Home made drawers & fridge slide. Dual power - 120a/h AGM with CTEK DC-DC. LED lighting. 43 litre water tank with two electric pumps - one for tap (via filter) & one via heat exchanger.

Comment

• stevemc181
      Valued Member
      • Sep 2012
      • Thornlie/Perth

No further issues with any codes, I haven't had a lot of chances to test it though. I've used it a few times on runs of 100 kms or so and haven't had a problem, so all would appear ok.
      2012 NW Activ with all the fruit, stripped what I could for my new build and handed over to the Mrs as a daily driver.

Current vehicle: 2016 Y61 GU Patrol Legend series Auto, (Last of the Breed)
      3505kg GVM Upgrade and 2" Lift | Warn XD 9000 Winch | Factory steel bar, towbar, snorkel, alloy roof rack | 285/70/17 (33") Mickey T ATZ P3's | 3" Manta Exhaust | ORS Drawer System | Manual Boost Controller | ECU Remap |

Comment

• GOSSAMER
        Valued Member
        • Apr 2008
        • doncaster east vic

I read on here somewhere that the Torque app itself can throw an error ??? i had it connected to my car and had the same thing flashing neutral and check engine light. I think its fixed in the settings of the app ???? Might be worth looking into.
        Back from the Dark side
        NT VRX, Ironbark, Dobinson suspension, Kanati muddies 275 65 18, Boo's bash plates (now with dents )

Comment

• kiwi1973
          Valued Member
          • Sep 2012
          • New Zealand

I believe it is possible for the Torque app to cause an issue itself. I had it a couple of times before where my car threw a gearbox related code, accompanied by the gears needing to be shifted manually and a bit lumpy. Turning the car off then back on would clear the code and everything would return to normal. I don't recall the code, but it was something to do with communication with the auto ECU I think. Anyway I never established a true fault existed and I came to believe it may have just been something to do with Torque causing an issue.

I'm going to go ahead and order a lock up kit from Wholesale Automatics.
          2007 Shogun 3.2DID. UK Diamond Spec. Harrop Eaton front E-locker. MCC Bullbar. Runva 11XP winch. 17" Dotz rims with 32" STT Pro. Koni HT RAID 90 series with +2" EHD Lovells springs. ASFIR protection plates for engine & transmission. DIY steel rocksliders. LRA 81 litre auxiliary fuel tank. Waeco CFX-40. Home made drawers & fridge slide. Dual power - 120a/h AGM with CTEK DC-DC. LED lighting. 43 litre water tank with two electric pumps - one for tap (via filter) & one via heat exchanger.

Comment

• stevemc181
            Valued Member
            • Sep 2012
            • Thornlie/Perth

Pretty sure when it threw the code, that I didn't have the Torque app running as I was using Ozi-Explorer on my tablet at the time. Although I've had the torque app running for literally thousands of km's with no sign of a fault code prior to fitting the lock-up switch.

Its possible it was just a one off, but time will tell I guess. Haven't been able to fault it since. Just seems rather co-incidental that not long after fitting it, I get a transmission related fault code.
            2012 NW Activ with all the fruit, stripped what I could for my new build and handed over to the Mrs as a daily driver.

3505kg GVM Upgrade and 2" Lift | Warn XD 9000 Winch | Factory steel bar, towbar, snorkel, alloy roof rack | 285/70/17 (33") Mickey T ATZ P3's | 3" Manta Exhaust | ORS Drawer System | Manual Boost Controller | ECU Remap |

Comment

• Dicko1
              Valued Member
              • Dec 2014
              • Cairns, FNQ

Just wondered how its all going Steve?

Dicko. FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.

TIME....1000 times more valuable than money

Comment

• stevemc181
                Valued Member
                • Sep 2012
                • Thornlie/Perth

Originally posted by Dicko1 View Post
                Just wondered how its all going Steve?

I haven't encountered the same issue again, although as mentioned above, it doesn't get a lot of use. I've done a few shorter trips and used the lockup when at cruising speed with no issues. It's not often I need to load the Paj to the max with gear on the roof etc, which is where locking the TC really helps with Trans temps and fuel economy.

Just been too busy with work and house renovations this year to think about any long trips. We might get away for 3 or 4 nights soon and have a chance to rack up some loaded miles on the hwy, see how it goes then.

Comment

• stevemc181
                  Valued Member
                  • Sep 2012
                  • Thornlie/Perth

I've had a bit more of a chance to use the TC Lock Up during a trip up to Murchison House Station, which is about 600kms North of Perth. Unfortunately everytime I used the TC Lock up, it threw a Fault Code and put the Paj into limp mode. I managed to capture the code this time: P2762-Powertrain (Torque Converter Pressure Control Solenoid Control Circuit Range/Performance)

The first time it threw the code, I was cruising in Drive at 110kph for about ten minutes, the 2nd time I was cruising in 5th Manual Mode at 110kph. It was raining at the time and I wasn't sure if perhaps a sensor was getting wet and throwing the code. I didn't use it again until my return trip home, clear sky, no rain and it faulted again after about 15 minutes of use, sitting in 5th Manual mode at 112kph. Cruise control was on each time it faulted, but I wouldn't expect this to be an issue.

Each time it faulted, I was on relatively flat roads and just cruising along. I could clear the codes no problem with the torque app, but I am a bit concerned about the possibility of damaging the TC Solenoid mentioned in the fault code. I'll give Wholesale Automatics a call in the next couple of days and see if they have any answers. I am reluctant to use it until I get some answers

Comment

• stevemc181
                    Valued Member
                    • Sep 2012
                    • Thornlie/Perth

I had a chat with both Wholesale Automatics and also Armadale 4wd here in Perth who fitted the module. Wholesale Auto's think it may just be a bad earth issue, so I'll take it back to the installer and see if they can rectify the issue. If not, I'll send the module back to Wholesale Automatics for Testing.

Comment

• old Jack
                      Regular
                      • Jun 2011
                      • Adelaide, South Australia.

If it is not a dodgy connection I am betting it is a Pulse Width Modulation duty cycle incompatibility. Look forward to Wholesale Automatics response on this one.

cheers, old Jack.
                      2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
                      MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .

Comment

• Naviguesser
                        Valued Member
                        • Dec 2013
                        • Crib Point Vic

Keep up the product testing for us Steve
                        Not even thinking of buying until it works without issue in your Paj.
                        MY14 NW GLX-R DiD
                        ARB Bull Bar, Safari Snorkel, Dual Batteries, Tinted Windows, Spare Tyre Lift, Toyo Open Country 2. EGR Block. GME UHF. Illuminator 9" LED Driving Lights.
                        TJM XGS Gold Series Shocks, EFS Coils, Polyairs.
                        Now towing a 19ft regent Caravan

Member of the Cynical Old Bloke Club

Comment

• Poita
                          Valued Member
                          • Sep 2010
                          • Adelaide

Why would it work on 3rd gens but not 4th gens? Essentially the same idea... PWM.
                          NW VRX MY2013
                          Jonny Tig FMIC, 3" Exhaust, RalliArt remap, Provent, FuelManager, CouplerTec rust protection, ARB bar, Runva winch, TJM Snorkel, Bilstein/Lovell/Airbags, full Bushskins kit, Asfir AC+fuel, Fyrlyt Nemesis 9000 spotties + LED headlights, Uniden UHF, RedArc TowPro Elite, BRC breathers, Honda sprayers, Automate lockup/paddles, Rhino platform/backbone

Comment

• Jeffwatkins
                            • Apr 2015
                            • Jamisontown NSW

Gen 3 and Gen 4-1 both have Jatco boxes. Gen4-2, 4-3 and 4-4 have Aisin boxes.

Comment

• Matty_P
                              • May 2014
                              • Bayside Brisbane QLD

Ive shit canned the Torque Pro app for a while as it keeps throwing P1901 codes and causing grief with AT shift points.
                              Switched to the OBDC app that came with the MX module....so far no issues. Need to transfer the Gearbox temp PID settings that is on this forum to the OBDC app.

Comment

• stevemc181
                                Valued Member
                                • Sep 2012
                                • Thornlie/Perth

Originally posted by Matty_P View Post
                                Ive shit canned the Torque Pro app for a while as it keeps throwing P1901 codes and causing grief with AT shift points.
                                Switched to the OBDC app that came with the MX module....so far no issues. Need to transfer the Gearbox temp PID settings that is on this forum to the OBDC app.
                                I don't believe this issue is related to the Torque Pro app at all, I've been running Torque Pro and an OBD Mx Dongle without fault for a long time. The only time I get a fault code is when I use the TC Lock-Up. The first code I had, was thrown without the Torque app running.
                                Wholesale Automatics seem to think that if the TC Lockup module had an issue that it would fault almost immediately when it was used. They are leaning towards a bad earth in the wiring of the module that has gotten progressively worse. I'll have it checked out next week by the installer and am hoping something is loose in their install. Otherwise they can send the module back for complete testing.

Have you changed the default Protocol used by Torque Pro as listed here: http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...1&postcount=10
                                Last edited by stevemc181; 14-08-15, 12:35 AM.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X