• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gt336
    • Feb 2011
    • Oz

Good Camp Spot NSW?

I'm looking at taking the kids away for some camping these school holidays, but don't know of any good spots. We are in the Hunter Valley area but happy to travel for a few hours.

looking for a place that is not likely to be crowed with other campers and has a bit of light 4wding, fishing etc. We have a pretty well decked out off road camper trailer that I have been working on, so have our own power, water, hot shower, toilet etc. Anyone know of any spots that would suit? Thanks in advance.
    2008 NS Pajero Exceed
    Factory Bull bar, Narva Spotlights, Ironman 30" & 20" LED Light Bars, Smoothtalker Cradle & 4G Antenna, Uniden UHF, Goodyear 265/60R18 Wrangler Silent Armour Tyres, Lovells Heavy Duty 50mm Raised Springs & Bilsteins, Rhino Luggage Tray, Ironman Awning.
  • Paganini
    • Sep 2011
    • Sydney

From my experience I can recommend you 2 spots: Depot Beach http://www.visitdepotbeach.com.au/ and Coolendel http://www.coolendel.com.au/. The second one was a bit pricey for us but we had plenty of space and the kids enjoyed the river. The last 12 km to Coolendel is off road and I think there are some tracks to Danjera Dam but not to sure.

P.

Comment

• gt336
      • Feb 2011
      • Oz

Originally posted by Paganini View Post
      From my experience I can recommend you 2 spots: Depot Beach http://www.visitdepotbeach.com.au/ and Coolendel http://www.coolendel.com.au/. The second one was a bit pricey for us but we had plenty of space and the kids enjoyed the river. The last 12 km to Coolendel is off road and I think there are some tracks to Danjera Dam but not to sure.

P.
      Thanks mate, will check them out.
      2008 NS Pajero Exceed
      Factory Bull bar, Narva Spotlights, Ironman 30" & 20" LED Light Bars, Smoothtalker Cradle & 4G Antenna, Uniden UHF, Goodyear 265/60R18 Wrangler Silent Armour Tyres, Lovells Heavy Duty 50mm Raised Springs & Bilsteins, Rhino Luggage Tray, Ironman Awning.

Comment

• awbeattie381
        Valued Member
        • Apr 2011
        • Inner West, Sydney

Depot Beach is a sealed road all the way in might be busy in school hols. Awesome spot though - one of my fav places!

a work colleague loves coolendel and goes there regularly with his young family.

You could also try some of the national parks west of Port Macquarie - some pretty nice spots up there (possibly Oxley Wild Rivers NP).
        Andrew
        1989 NG Superwagon V6
        2017 Subaru Forester Diesel
        1974 Viscount Valiant Caravan

Comment

• aaron.miller
          Valued Member
          • Aug 2011
          • Epping, NSW

A friend raves about goulburn river national park, its east of Gulgong.
          He says its pretty quiet up there even on long weekends
          2012 PB 30th Anniversary Challenger, Arb 2.5m awning, Maxtrax, ORS Platform and MSA dropdown slide, Boo's Bashplates, MSA seat organisers with trays, GME 3120s uhf, GME 4705 UHF, Lovells Springs, Arb Deluxe Bullbar, Mitsubishi tow bar, 265/65 17 D697's At's, triple ram mount with ipad and lots more to come.

Comment

• Dankinny
            • Dec 2013
            • Camden

Hi mate we have been doing a few trips , we have little kids and found Newnes down in the Wolgan Valley really great , about 10klm of unsealed road to get in there but don't need a 4x4 to get in. Once in , there is a river crossing which u need a 4x4 to cross to get to one side of the creek and there are some great spots beside the river , on that side only 4x4 campers can get to.
            On the other side there is a great big open area to camp where normal cars can camp. Great walks around , glow worm tunnels etc. not sure how busy it might get over Easter break etc.
            2009 NT GLS DiD
            ARB colour coded bull bar , Warn Winch , 111w LED driving lights , Polaris GPS Head Unit , Uniden UH8080NB , Uniden UHF aerial , DVD Headrests , Bushskinz Intercooler & Sump Guards , 50mm Lovells lift , ARB Dual battery tray , ARB Roof rails with custom roof rack, Narva LED Lightbar , Kimberley Kamper Platinum

Comment

• gt336
              • Feb 2011
              • Oz

Thanks for the tips fellas. Some great looking camp sites here.
              2008 NS Pajero Exceed

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
              Working...
              X