Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Generation 4-4 Pajero

Generation 4-4 Pajero NX model 2014 -

Old 1 Week Ago
Valued Member

Default Vibration when braking

Lately I have noticed a slight vibration in the steering wheel when braking, feels to be coming mainly from the front. Would just replacing pads get rid of it or will I need the complete disc and pad change, NX has only done 70,000Km would have thought brakes would last longer. The pads still seem to have a fair bit of meat left left on them when I checked them disc has no back gouging / wear marks.
For a pad change only do the brake pistons just push back into the housing or is there a trick to retracting them. TIA
Old 1 Week Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by hinsch View Post
Lately I have noticed a slight vibration in the steering wheel when braking, feels to be coming mainly from the front. Would just replacing pads get rid of it or will I need the complete disc and pad change, NX has only done 70,000Km would have thought brakes would last longer. The pads still seem to have a fair bit of meat left left on them when I checked them disc has no back gouging / wear marks.
For a pad change only do the brake pistons just push back into the housing or is there a trick to retracting them. TIA
my mechanic changed my last car's dis around 50k or something due to rust. he said pad will not contact the dis evenly due to rust.
Old 1 Week Ago

Replaced front rotors and front and rear pads at about 65k on my NT due to the same problem. I uses DBA Slotted front Rotors and Bendix 4X4 pads. Fixed the problem, but have only done about 10k since.
Old 1 Week Ago
Valued Member

Have read of this thread.
https://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum...ad.php?t=65020

OJ.
2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Nightbreaker +130LB & Phillips +100 HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .
Old 6 Days Ago

My NP (traded last year on my new NX) had 280,000kms on the clock when traded.
I bought it with 108,000 on it so it could have had a pad replacement before I bought it, but I never replaced any pads during the time I had the car.
I detected a very slight pulsing of the brake pedal on light braking for probably the last 6 months that I had it so I assumed there could have been a slight warping of the discs. IMHO it was barely noticeable and I doubt even the salesman picked it up when he appraised the car for trade in valuation.
Just my 2 bobs worth.
Old 2 Days Ago
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by old Jack View Post
OJ gave the brakes a good work out this morning, learned the anti skid works OK.
The vibration is still there but is less than it was, I think.
I am normally a light foot braker so there might have been a build up on the brakes?????