Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Generation 4-3 Pajero

Generation 4-3 Pajero NW model 2011 - 2014

Old 17-09-19

It's almost criminal that car companies can allow this to happen to vehicles and just wipe their hands of it and say there is no issue.
Old 01-11-19

Hi guys, thanks for the forum, I am hoping to arrange a clean myself and was hoping someone could suggest a reliable mechanic in Melbourne.
Thanks
Old 01-11-19

Rhiatech Automotive in Bayswater should be able to help you out. They have performed a full valve clearance adjustment for me, I was happy with there service.
Old 01-11-19

Default valve adjustment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roypock58 View Post
Mitsubishi dealer has quoted me $1270 to do a manifold clean and valve adjustment. 2012 Diesel 3.2L NW. Sounds awfully expensive. Any recent experience from anyone?
Just had my valves adjusted on the nw ,also the drive belts replaced cost $950 all up.
When I questioned the price they said the seals on the injector pipes were perished and they could only get a kit which was $300.
Regards.
Tough dog 40mm raised suspension,ARB shocks,MCC bull bar,electric winch,bash plates,draws , engel fridge,dual batteries,air comp,water tank and electric pump,inverter,DC/DC charger,air bags, converter lock up system,diff/traction control modification.
Old 04-11-19

Quote:
Originally Posted by pajaj70 View Post
Rhiatech Automotive in Bayswater should be able to help you out. They have performed a full valve clearance adjustment for me, I was happy with there service.
+1 took my car there for a manifold clean very happy with their service
Old 04-11-19
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by reciprovac View Post
Just had my valves adjusted on the nw ,also the drive belts replaced cost $950 all up.
When I questioned the price they said the seals on the injector pipes were perished and they could only get a kit which was $300.
Regards.
When I had my valves done 18 months ago, the genuine seal kit was $165, so $300 sounds like a rip off if it is the same kit?
Old 27-12-19

Quote:
Originally Posted by spot01 View Post
When I had my valves done 18 months ago, the genuine seal kit was $165, so $300 sounds like a rip off if it is the same kit?
I bought the 'valve adjustment seal kit' last week at MM for $154 trade price. Asked for trade because I'd got it where they were previously located with Holden and got it no questions asked. Non-trade was $179. I'll take pics of the inside of my manifold when I pull it apart as there is no service record of it being done in the last 235,000 km. It will be interesting to see how bad it is and if my mileage improves. The best I can get on the highway is 9.3 and around town it sits on 12.8.
Old 27-12-19
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edzhere View Post
It will be interesting to see how bad it is and if my mileage improves. The best I can get on the highway is 9.3 and around town it sits on 12.8.
Your Duratrac AT/MT tyres will be chewing at least 1 to 2 litres per 100kms.

OJ.
2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .
Old 27-12-19

Quote:
Originally Posted by old Jack View Post
Your Duratrac AT/MT tyres will be chewing at least 1 to 2 litres per 100kms.

OJ.
True, rated 70% offroad, probably a bit more aggressive than I really needed. But I'm impressed with how quiet they are so far and seem good offroad. Because I ride my bike to work, I'll only do about 10 k year in the Paj.

It will be interesting to see the inside of the manifold and see what improvements I get in fuel economy. I'm away in it at the moment but when I get back I'm going to put the endscope I bought into the manifold to check it out and post picks and figures if I do get improvements after cleaning.

Last edited by Edzhere; 27-12-19 at 09:52 PM.
Old 28-12-19
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by reciprovac View Post
Regards.
This could be good value - depending on which injector line ‘seals’ they had issues with... the injector lines can only be removed/refitted 5 times before they need to be replaced. When I did mine, I had trouble getting the lines to seal and ended up having to buy replacement lines (4 @ approximately $120 each or $480 if bought retail via Mitsubishi).

If it was just the injector lines to rocker cover, it seems a bit rough.

| ARB bullbar | snorkel | Bushskinz guards | UltraGauge MX | 2" lift | airbags | Cooper AT3 LT's | Superwinch X9 | 80ltr diesel tank in rear seat well | 22ltr water tank | aux trans cooler | MM Lockup Mate | GME UHF | locker/TC mod | SPV EGR | rear LED work light | rhino platform | ARB awning | rear drawers ... & plenty of scratches

My Build Thread - HERE

Previously - NL Pajero (now owned by Forum member 'Gemster')