• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DrewW
    • Nov 2011
    • Gold Coast

Interior lights not working

Most of the interior lights on my SWB NS have suddenly stopped working. The only ones still working are the Luggage Compartment Lamp and the Door Courtesy lamps. I have done the obvious and swapped over the 15 amp fuses numbers 18 and 20 in the Manual to no effect. As I can't envisage half a dozen or so globes blowing all at once I am stumped. Could it be one bulb blows and renders the rest of some circuit inoperable? Any advice much appreciated.
    NS SWB 3.2 DiD Auto. 2" lift, King springs, Bilstein shocks, Bushkinz bash plates, Airtek snorkel, BRC breathers,TJM Bullbar, 12000lb Grande Winch,Tyredog TPMS,Nomad valve body & TC lockup kit
  • RUGGA
    Valued Member
    • Nov 2014
    • Adelaide

While checking fuses, check the hazard fuse; on the Gen 3s it affects all sort of electrickery.

Have you towed recently?
    02 NM 3.2, Auto, Exceed, I/C and sump guards, L&B 2" lift, 265/75/16 OPAT2.

Comment

• aussieintas
      Valued Member
      • Feb 2013
      • Sorell, Tasmania

The globes are defo NOT in line so not that bud.

Have you got one of the globes out to check it?

Have you done any work on the Paj at all in recent times?
      2014 VW Touareg V6 diesel

Previously
      88 NF Exe SWB 2.6 manual
      92 NH Gls LWB 3.0 auto
      92 NH J-Top 2.5 manual
      99 Landcruiser Gxl 4.5 manual with all the fruit
      95 NJ Gls SWB 3.0 auto
      08 NS Vrx SWB 3.2 auto​

Comment

• DrewW
        • Nov 2011
        • Gold Coast

Just checked the hazard lights and all ok there. I have towed the van recently but can't recall whether the lights failed before or after I towed. From memory they worked one day when I parked the car and did not work the next morning. No work has been done recently on the car.
        NS SWB 3.2 DiD Auto. 2" lift, King springs, Bilstein shocks, Bushkinz bash plates, Airtek snorkel, BRC breathers,TJM Bullbar, 12000lb Grande Winch,Tyredog TPMS,Nomad valve body & TC lockup kit

Comment

• DrewW
          • Nov 2011
          • Gold Coast

Just read the following:

Mitsubishi NS, NT, NW and NX Pajero: lamps may not operate
          In June 2016, a recall was issued for Mitsubishi NS, NT, NW and NX Pajero vehicles because the turn signal and lighting switch connector terminals could become worn during switch operation due to insufficient rigidity – this could result in an accumulation of oxidised dust on the connector terminals. Furthermore, excessive dust accumulation could act as an insulator, affecting terminal conductivity. Continued usage in this conduction could cause conduction failure such that the following may fail to operate or only operate intermittently: the headlamps, turn signal lamps, parking lamp, fog lamps, tail lamp, number plate lamp and cabin lamp (PRA 2016/15466). The recalled Mitsubishi NS/NT/NW/NX Pajero vehicles had VINs in the following ranges:
          JMFLNV97W7J000101 to JMFLNV97W9J000125;
          JMFLNV98W7J000101 to JMFLNV98WFJ000109;
          JMFLYV97W7J000101 to JMFLYV97WDJ000113;
          JMFLYV98W7J000101 to JMFLYV98WFJ001707;
          JMFMYV87W7J000101 to JMFMYV87W9J000131; and,
          JMFMYV88W7J000101 to JMFMYV88W9J000181.

My car had this recall done in Jan 2017. As cabin lamp is mentioned above could this be my problem?

Comment

• Seigried
            Valued Member
            • Apr 2016
            • brisbane

It is entirly possible. You could remove clean and reinstall the indicator switch to see if it fixes the problem.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
            Working...
            X