Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Generation 4-3 Pajero

Generation 4-3 Pajero NW model 2011 - 2014

Old 1 Week Ago

Default Rock Tamers

Does anyone have or had a set of rock tamers on their paj ?
I'm thinking of purchasing a set but am concerned with possible exhaust pipe discharging directly onto flap.
Old 1 Week Ago

Not sure about the Rock Tamers but the Stone Stomper brand gets good reviews
Old 1 Week Ago

Yes I've looked at both. Tamers are large mudflsps where as the stomped is more like a trampoline sort of thing
Old 1 Week Ago
Valued Member

Smile

stone stomper is a great product I've had one for years well tested stomper gets my vote
Old 1 Week Ago

I bought a Stone Stomper about 4 years ago before we went to The Kimberly. Was a 12 week, 16K round trip with all the dirt roads we could find. No problems then or since. Couldn't find any one who had broken a back window with Stone Stompers fitted.
Brother in law has an Izuzu ute and had Rock Tamers, smashed the back screen in his ute back. New ute he has just extended his mud flaps and doesn't use the Rock Tamers any more.
Stone Stompers are one of the best companies you will deal with as well.
2005 NP GLX DiD,Alloy bullbar, Rallye 2000 driving lights, dual batteries,icomm UHF, 2" lift Ultimate Suspension, HD front,SD back with Ironman air bags, TJM underbody protection, HD valve body and Torque Converter. In tow,Track Trailer T van.
Old 1 Week Ago

I had rock tamers on my NW Pajero. I fitted a 1mm sheet of aluminium to the flap as a heat shield for the exhaust which worked ok. I have since got rid of them because they were deflecting stones back onto the car and taking paint of around the back bumper.
Old 1 Week Ago

Smile

Thanks for all your thoughts...
Stone stompers it is then....
Old 1 Week Ago

I have rock tamers, as above if I had my time again I'd probably go the stompers. For me just purely because the tamers don't catch everything even with the extra middle bit.

FYI to use the rock tamers the best you shouldn't hang them straight down, should put a curve in them by having them come out horizontally from the car initially. This way rocks are "caught" and pushed downwards, stops them bouncing off the tamers upwards towards the car if the angle is nasty.

The other trick is don't have them too long, so many people run them very close to the road which means any time the rear suspension compresses they hit the road surface and flick up rocks - this makes it actually worse to have them than to go without.
Fitted: 265/70R17 Kanati Mud Hogs. Ultimate Suspension HD Front EHD + bags rear. MM Towbar. OL Bullbar. SPV EGR Mod. Bushskinz Bash Plates x4. Roleys Rear Bar Protector. Icom IC-400Pro. Rhino Pioneer Tradie Rack. CTEK CTD250S w/ Dual Bats. Airtec Snorkel. Scangauge II. Blackvue Dash Cam. TC mod. Autosafe Half Barrier. Masten TPMS. Drifta Custom Drawers w/ Mounted Compressor. 47L ARB Fridge. Domin8rX Winch. Towing an MDC stepthrough.