Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > General Information > Electrical / Radios

Electrical / Radios Discussion of electrical systems and accessories.

Old 2 Weeks Ago

Default Alarm system fault

First time poster. Recently purchased a 2014 NW Pajero exceed. Loving every minute of it. Except for a phantom issue that's quite annoying.

I noticed the other day my indicators didn't flash when I locked my car using the remote. The central locking worked fine. The interior lights dimmed. And the alarm red light started flashing on the dash. It was just the indicators not flashing.

I unlocked the car and checked all doors, bonnet and boot were shut. They were. The hazards and indicators work fine normally. So I locked it again with remote. Still no flashing lights. I then unlocked the car with the key. No alarm went off. Nothing.

So it would appear that the alarm itself isn't working, even though the red flashing light comes on. I then left a window down and stuck my arm in to see if it would go off. Nothing. No alarm at all. I done the activation thingy that you do with the window wiper stalk. It's activated. But still having this issue. Maybe it's the MATT?

I disconnected the battery and it started to work again. But only for a couple of days. Back to the issue. I read some people had experienced this, but never resolved the issue.

Anyone out there know how to fix? Cheers.
Old 2 Weeks Ago
Valued Member

Welcome.

I think by default, if not most, were not set enabled at the dealers, at least that was for early on gen4. If you open up the owners handbook it will give you the method of enabling the alarm. It's a process of flicking indicator stalk and something else in a sequence from memory.

Retired: 1991 NH SWB 3.0L V6 5sp Manual, Mickey Thompson ATZs, GME UHF TX3200.
Wanting: Rocksliders, 2" lift, snorkel or perhaps I should wait and purchase a NS swb in 12months time.
Old 2 Weeks Ago

Hi, thanks for the reply. Yes I have already done that prior to posting here. Unfortunately it didn't fix my issue. Thankyou for your help.