• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • woffleon
    • Jul 2016
    • NSW

Wireless Android Auto

Does anyone know if the head unit supports wireless android auto?. Be great to not have to fiddle with cables. Seems my Samsung Galaxy 8+ is compatible but maybe not the head unit in my 2016 exceed.
    Also noticing that the phone is getting very hot after 30 mins driving connected to android auto
    And thoughts would be appreciated or a redirect to previous relevant thread.
    Sterling Silver Pajero Sport Exceed -- HR towbar - Towpro Elite - Duel battery - King spring KCRS23
  • DibbyDibbyDJ
    Valued Member
    • Sep 2019
    • Victoria

Wired connection only for android and carplay
    2024 Outlander

Diamond Technician at Main Dealer

mitsubishi-forums

Comment

• woffleon
      • Jul 2016
      • NSW

So a wireless dongle in the USB port won't work either?
      Sterling Silver Pajero Sport Exceed -- HR towbar - Towpro Elite - Duel battery - King spring KCRS23

Comment

• ron2503
        • Dec 2017
        • Alex Hills

Originally posted by woffleon View Post
        Not yet. I know of someone in Romania who is playing with the idea of a wireless dongle for AA. At the moment I have been beta testing an ap that does just this using an old Android phone as a slave. It is almost to the point that it is stable. Problem is that there are so many variables involved. So many car and head unit manufacturers, so many different types of phones being used as slaves and masters and so many differ network carriers. It's like he's created a monster.
        2017 PS. OE Bullbar & Towbar. Uniden 7740NB UHF in Console. Roadvision 7" LED's, Custom Offroad SS bash plates, Outback Armour 2"lift; Outback Accessories 107L LRT, Towpro Elite, Masten 6 wheel TPMS.
        Towing '99 Jayco 16' StarCraft poptop.
        Traded 1997 Terrano II. OME with Kings Springs. ECB Bullbar

Comment

• orthodoxs
          • Mar 2018
          • Darwin

Originally posted by woffleon View Post
          There are wireless dongles in eBay for connecting an iPhone through apple car play, these are only for head units with android auto built in already, but no car play. If these would also allow wireless android it would be nice. Has anyone tried one? Would MM give an update, giving wireless android auto capabilities in the future?
          In meanwhile I am using a HUDWAY CAST which mirrors the phone screen wirelessly with a virtual projection in front of the bonnet. Nice to keep track of a full screen google sat map without taking eyes off the road and a wireless Bluetooth ELM on the OBD2 Connector will allow you to monitor the engine parameters real time wirelessly. Presbyopic oldies like me, please note that it’s easier to shift focus from screen to road unlike looking at the car dash screen or gauges and then back to the road. The phone however cannot be plugged into the USB port as an activated android auto will cut off the screen mirroring function. To be truly wireless, a cheap wireless charging mat on eBay keeps charging the phone on the go. Once connected, the phone screen goes to sleep with a screen mirroring icon on it. The unit also has a good speaker. Voice control with ‘Ok Google’ Works too
          Negatives: It takes 30 sec for the Unit to boot up and 30 sec for the phone to connect wirelessly (Have to press the screen mirroring icon on the android Samsung phone and wait till the handshake is completed). The phone also must be held in landscape mode just after connecting to get the same full spread on the projection. Whenever a new message on whats app comes through, it disrupts the screen till it is dismissed on the phone, manually (Job for your passenger or you’ll need to stop) There must be a work around for these minor irritants such as modifying the whats app notification privileges etc.. Installation needs a look at you tube and online reviews for the initial setup, as android OS has changed some of the privileges of the software. The unit runs with its own android app but I find it to be easier to use the screen mirror as all phone features can be used flawlessly. The Unit can also be run with a wired connection to the phone and/wired charging of the phone, The direct OBD2 data and power connector is not available any longer.
          I got it on discount for $100, it was a few hundreds just a year back.

There is a supposed to be a newer more capable model now as well, not sure of how well it works tho!
          Attached Files
          Last edited by orthodoxs; 23-02-20, 06:23 PM.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
          Working...
          X