• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • aldavnic
    • Aug 2007
    • Pakenham

LPG install and C/D light blinkies.

Just had my recently purchased NM Exceed converted to injected gas by LPGas1 and on the drive home the centre diff lock starts flashing after about 20 mins driving. So far its consitently done this after 15-20 mins driving and will return to normal for awhile after stopping and restarting the car!
    This has not happened before the install. I made call to them and they will check the vacum take off points are correct at the 1500k service and tune check. Has anyone else had this problem and does anyone belive it could be added vacum take off or perhaps voltage drop putting extra strain on a system with 8 years and 128000kms causing worn parts to show up faults ?
    The underside is clean and not seen any mud or proper 4wd action yet.
    The conversion is running beautifully and got 19.5kms to the litre towing my tandem work trailer around. Very happy with the economy.
    Any thoughts or help appreciated as Iam concerned they might draw a blank back at LPGas1 if all vacum lines are correct and no loose wires.

Thanks Dave
    NM V6,Exceed BFG MTs ,Injected Gas, Proficency course,GME TX3100 UHF , 2 inch lift, Pace Maker Headers ,Dobinsons.Navigation Course (still lost) Rola Roof Racks, Proficency Plus course.
  • swordfishBob
    • May 2008

You're towing a trailer regularly.. are your rear tyres more worn than the front? A difference between front and back will make that light flash.

Comment

• wrexed03
      • Jul 2007

Have a look around the throttle body. Make sure the tps plug is connected properly. If not it will exhibit this issue.
      Sounds like electrical then vacum issue
      They would have removed the top part of the manifold and the throttle body so the probability is this connection to the TPS.
      Visually if your looking at the engine see accelerator cable going to throttle body linkage then look behind at the firewall end of the throttle body its there.

Hope this helps

Comment

• aldavnic
        • Aug 2007
        • Pakenham

The rear tyres are nearly worn to probaly abou 20% and the fronts are stil about 70% good. I knew that uneven tyres make it difficult to shift into 4wd, but not aware this would cause the cd light to flash during normal driving while not atempting to shift into 4wd. As for the tps connection , Im not sure what it looks like but will try to find it. I am off to visit family tomorrow so will see if it happens with no trailer hooked up on a 35 min drive. I wonder if the extra load on engine/trans is part of it too or the extra power draw from trailer lights.
        I head off to work with the lights on most mornings.Did a few short trips today with no blinkies (10 - 20 min tops) but it took at least 20-30 mins towing for fault to show during the week. Will see what happens tomorrow.

Thanks Dave.
        NM V6,Exceed BFG MTs ,Injected Gas, Proficency course,GME TX3100 UHF , 2 inch lift, Pace Maker Headers ,Dobinsons.Navigation Course (still lost) Rola Roof Racks, Proficency Plus course.

Comment

• robandeb
          • Dec 2007
          • Bakers Hill 80km East of Perth

Hi Dave 19.5 KPL towing a trailer is that correct!

Ta

Rob

Comment

• Jaster
            • Apr 2008
            • Wollongong, NSW

5L/100k's sounds too good to be true. I would have to guess he probably meant 19.5L/100k.

Cheers.
            Current: Cool Silver '11 NT RX Auto
            Retired: Green '02 NM Exceed Manual

Comment

• aldavnic
              • Aug 2007
              • Pakenham

Yep , its 19.5 lt per 100 kms!

Comment

• John McFarlane
                • Jul 2007
                • Broome WA

Same as mine. The vacuum line for the solenoids for the ctr diff and front axle has not been reattached. You will find it hanging down against the firewall and slightly to the left, as you look at the firewall from the front of the vehicle. Plugs in just near the throttle butterfly. Common problem. You will then have to readjust the idle.

You can test it to see if it will engage the actuator for the front diff.
                Cheers, John
                Auto Electrician 35+ years
                NM but with tricky electrical setups of course.
                And that's the wank wank wank and more wank factor out of the way.

Comment

• swordfishBob
                  • May 2008

Originally posted by aldavnic View Post
                  I knew that uneven tyres make it difficult to shift into 4wd, but not aware this would cause the cd light to flash during normal driving while not atempting to shift into 4wd.
                  Thanks Dave.
                  Uneven tyres will make that light flash while driving in 4WD, but not in 2WD. The above post on a disconnected line sounds very likely the answer.

Comment

• aldavnic
                    • Aug 2007
                    • Pakenham

Blinkies

Thanks for all the replies.
                    The 4wd system is working perfectly till its been driven in 2H from start up for about 20mins of highway running, then I get the onece per second c/d light flash. If I stop and restart vehicle its gone! Well for at least another 10-15 mnis.
                    I Have done about 800ks of country running this past week and its is all happening with amazing consistency.
                    I tried driving in 4H for one trip and suprise no blinkies! I covered 120 kms with no problems in 4H.On the way home one day after getting the blinkies, I stoped.Restarted , went to 4H and covered about 80 kms with no dramas.
                    So it seems I can select 4H or 4hlc even without a drama.(Not Bitumen!)
                    It only flashes when driven in 2H for 20Mins or more .Go figure!!!!!
                    All connections and vac lines look fine too.

Quietly head butting a wall!!

Comment

• steveandviv
                      Valued Member
                      • Apr 2008
                      • Broome

It's prob a mis-match betwen what the front actuator says and the tranfer case switch. IE, the sensor telling the ECU that you are not in 4wd is playing up. When you engage 4wd it sends a signal to one of the 5 switches on the transfer case and the ECU confimrs that and it's all OK.

Im thinking, as there are two swichtes and the one providing a, not in 4WD or disconnected 4wd signal is faulty and the ECU gets out of sorts as it can't detirmine the state it's in. As you turn off the engine then on you reset that and it starts again.

Maybe try sitting some where and goining in and out of 4wd H 20 times, you may have some dirt in that switch and if you are able to select 4wd H & CD then the vacume is OK

Just a thought
                      2000 NM Paj - 2.5 Inch Lift - 81 Long Range tank - UHF - Rhino Rack - Dual Batteries - Hella 4000 Spotties - ARB Bar - Cargo Barrier - Custom Shelves - GPS Screen - Garmin GPS - Snorkle - Ox TJM Winch - MT MTZ - Polly Bags - Front ARB Locker - 50&60ltr Waeco....http://www.steveandviv.blogspot.com/

Comment

• aldavnic
                        • Aug 2007
                        • Pakenham

Thanks Steve

Sounds like this could be the problem. i took it off road on Sunday and used low range for some time . Since then , no blinking light and ive done about 1.5hrs driving today. Ill have to pull the switch out on the weekend and see what condition its in and check for dirt etc behind it. Thanks for the advice
                        Dave.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X