• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mktriton
    • Jun 2013
    • melbourne

New NX traded up today

Hi Everyone
    Just traded up the trusty ol Mk triton. Have owned from new 15 years of great trips and memories.
    To a brand new NX Pajero Gxl
    Have optioned up to the following
    Arb. Steel bar
    Safari snorkel
    Hayman Reece tow pack
    Red arc tow pro elite brake controller
    Falken wildpeak At3w tyres 32 in
    Tint and mats and a few other bits

Will have a heap of questions when I get her
    We tow a Jayco dual axle off-road poptop at 1900 kg
  • Sparky11
    • Jan 2017
    • Tea Gardens NSW

Congratulations, I see your towing a van, an absolute necessity when towing with the Pajero is a MM 4X4 Automate, plenty of info on this site, purchase from here:

Own a 2012 PB Challenger? - < PLEASE READ THIS > before ordering. SUPPORTED VEHICLES (DIESEL ONLY): MITSUBISHI PAJERO NT, NW, NX 3.2L 2009+, Auto MITSUBISHI CHALLENGER PB, PC 2.5L 2009-2015, Auto MITSUBISHI TRITON MN 2.5L Diesel 2009-2015, Auto (5 Speed) MITSUBISHI TRITON MN 2.5L Diesel 2009-2015, Auto (4 Speed with Sport Shift ONLY) MITSUBISHI TRITON MQ 2.4L Diesel 2016-2018, Auto auto-mate - the original. A new tow mode for your transmission.Optimises gear shifting and torque converter clutch operation to minimise temperatures and improve fuel economy.It's like a lockup kit and transmission remap in one unit.Now with SafeLock®. ORDER PROCESSING TIME: Products are typically dispatched within 3 days if in-stock, or up to 21 days if out-of-stock. DELIVERY TIME: Delivery time is in addition to the Order Processing Time.Please note that if you live outside of the metropolitan area, your delivery may take longer to get to you.Delivery times quoted on our website are based on Australia Post's website at https://auspost.com.au/sending/send-within-australia/delivery-speeds-and-coverageYou can calculate Australia Post delivery times from Adelaide, South Australia (5000) here: https://auspost.com.au/parcels-mail/calculate-postage-delivery-times/#/International delivery times do not include customs processing delays or fees,duties or taxes. CONDITION OF SALE: By purchasing this product you agree to indemnify MM 4X4, its directors, officers, employees, suppliers and agents to the fullest extent permitted by law, from and against all Loss however occurring to you or anyone else arising out of, or in any way connected with, the installation or use of this product.Additional costs for import duty, fees, and taxes are the responsibility of the buyer. WARRANTY DETAILS:Please read our Warranty Policy.

You can't believe how much of a difference it makes when towing.

Comment

• Greg Grey Grumbly
      • Aug 2012
      • Brisbane, Southside

Agree with Sparky 11, the M&M kit transforms the Pajero from a good to a great tug.

Greg Grey Grumbly

2018 QE Pajero Sport GLS, Factory Accessories: Alloy Bull Bar, Tow Bar, Underbody Protection, Aftermarket: Uniden CB, Redarc Electric Brake Controller, Bushman Cooler, Rhino Roof Bars; Full Tint, OCAM Extendable Tow Mirrors, Fridge Tie Down Racks, Kickass Battery Box with Projecta DC DC charger, King KCRS-23 with the Peddars 5899 bump stops, Almac Boat Loader, Almac Outboard Slide, Provent catch can, More to come
      Tows a 2015 Billabong Grove 186

Comment

• mktriton
        • Jun 2013
        • melbourne

Thanks I will check it out 👍

Comment

• Ian H
          Valued Member
          • May 2015
          • Melbourne

And do the egr block.
          2015 NX GLS, Factory alloy bar, Kings HD Springs & Koni Shocks with 50mm lift, MM Auto Mate, Paddle shift kit, dual batteries with Redarc DC/DC, LRA 58L tank, Safari snorkel, Boo's bash plates (full set), 17" steels with BFG KO2's, Drifta drawers with slide, TPMS, Uniden UH8080S, Alpine iLX-702D head unit.

Comment

• mktriton
            • Jun 2013
            • melbourne

Ok will look into that as well
            Thanks👍

Comment

• skyehelmsman
              • Feb 2020
              • MELBOURNE

Originally posted by Sparky11 View Post
              Congratulations, I see your towing a van, an absolute necessity when towing with the Pajero is a MM 4X4 Automate, plenty of info on this site, purchase from here:

Own a 2012 PB Challenger? - < PLEASE READ THIS > before ordering. SUPPORTED VEHICLES (DIESEL ONLY): MITSUBISHI PAJERO NT, NW, NX 3.2L 2009+, Auto MITSUBISHI CHALLENGER PB, PC 2.5L 2009-2015, Auto MITSUBISHI TRITON MN 2.5L Diesel 2009-2015, Auto (5 Speed) MITSUBISHI TRITON MN 2.5L Diesel 2009-2015, Auto (4 Speed with Sport Shift ONLY) MITSUBISHI TRITON MQ 2.4L Diesel 2016-2018, Auto auto-mate - the original. A new tow mode for your transmission.Optimises gear shifting and torque converter clutch operation to minimise temperatures and improve fuel economy.It's like a lockup kit and transmission remap in one unit.Now with SafeLock®. ORDER PROCESSING TIME: Products are typically dispatched within 3 days if in-stock, or up to 21 days if out-of-stock. DELIVERY TIME: Delivery time is in addition to the Order Processing Time.Please note that if you live outside of the metropolitan area, your delivery may take longer to get to you.Delivery times quoted on our website are based on Australia Post's website at https://auspost.com.au/sending/send-within-australia/delivery-speeds-and-coverageYou can calculate Australia Post delivery times from Adelaide, South Australia (5000) here: https://auspost.com.au/parcels-mail/calculate-postage-delivery-times/#/International delivery times do not include customs processing delays or fees,duties or taxes. CONDITION OF SALE: By purchasing this product you agree to indemnify MM 4X4, its directors, officers, employees, suppliers and agents to the fullest extent permitted by law, from and against all Loss however occurring to you or anyone else arising out of, or in any way connected with, the installation or use of this product.Additional costs for import duty, fees, and taxes are the responsibility of the buyer. WARRANTY DETAILS:Please read our Warranty Policy.

You can't believe how much of a difference it makes when towing.
              Can you explain w
              How this helps?

Comment

• old Jack
                Regular
                • Jun 2011
                • Adelaide, South Australia.

Originally posted by skyehelmsman View Post
                Can you explain w
                How this helps?
                Auto Mate will lower fuel consumption, lower ATF temperatures, lower air inlet temperatures and lower engine coolant temperatures, because the torque convertor is locked up for more time and the auto is in the correct gear for the engine load, vehicle speed and accelerator input. Therefore the engine is not working as hard for the same level of performance. There is not a smarter TC lockup kit on the market.
                As the saying goes "work smarter not harder"

Plenty of info here,

OJ.
                2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
                MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .

Comment

• skyehelmsman
                  • Feb 2020
                  • MELBOURNE

Thanks

Comment

• redbruce
                    Administrator
                    • Sep 2019
                    • Melbourne

Those with post MY17 Pajeros need to be aware that to meet Euro5 emissions standard, MM not only fitted an active DPF (which reduced engine power slightly from 147 to 141kW) but also raised the final drive ratio from 3.917 to 3.692 (+5.74%).

This has implications for tyre size upgrades on MY17 and later, especially for towing, fuel consumption and potentially trans temps.

A 5.7% change is equivalent to going from the 30.5" (265/60/18 or 265/65/17) diameter OEM tyres to 32.2" ((275/65/18 or 275/70/17) tyres on a MY16 or earlier Gen 4. Going to a 32" tyre on MY17+ is equivalent to 34" on earlier models in terms of effect on gearing (if my math is correct - 3.917/3.692 x 32).

I reckon Automate should be considered mandatory on MY17+.

PS: put a quality catchcan (eg Provent 200) on before even considering an (illegal) EGR delete.
                    Last edited by redbruce; 15-04-20, 05:40 PM.
                    PCOV Member 1954
                    MY15 NX Exceed, Auto Mate PRO, Paddle shift, Vlads TC mod, EVC U9, Unicorn Power upgraded intercooler, Ultimate Diesel tune, Fuel manager 2 micron post filter, Redarc BCDC + Lithium, MM tow hitch, Teshonka brake controller, Provent catch can, GME 3350 UHF, RHS Offroad bash set, Falken Wildpeak AT3W LT265/70R17, TPMS, Dobinson IMS/Kings HHD/EHD 40mm lift, Rhino bars, Drifta 270 awning, spare tyre lift, Ultraguage MX 1.4, Ultravision 205 4.5K lightbar, auxiliary PWR 23 row transmission cooler and radiator bypass, upgraded bar/plate intercooler, KAON barrier and shelf, XTM kitchen and drawer, ARB Smartbar. Stockman Extreme pod trailer with Drifta Stockton RTT.

Comment

• mktriton
                      • Jun 2013
                      • melbourne

The new girl
                      Attached Files

Comment

• mktriton
                        • Jun 2013
                        • melbourne

Well we’ve had the car about 3 weeks now. Was a bit concerned we wouldn’t be getting it with the virus restrictions.
                        Anyway we’ve got her. Love her beautiful to drive. Better than the triton and just as good as the disco 3 we had.
                        I installed the scan gauge today. And see what you all mean with trans temperature
                        Thanks to those I pinched set up codes off I think I’ve got it all set up but will check temps in morning
                        Next is to order the automate
                        And off to auto elec for a heap of work.
                        Can’t wait for these restrictions to be lifted so we can hit the road and give her a test

Comment

• HeavyPizzaz
                          Valued Member
                          • May 2017
                          • Sydney

Is that white?? Looks more off white lol. Just the camera right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• mktriton
                            • Jun 2013
                            • melbourne

It’s called Warm white. Got a pearl through it

Comment

• Pixie_au
                              • Apr 2019
                              • Queensland

Did you get those wheels with the vehicle? Or separately?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X