• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Niftymac
    • Apr 2012
    • Sydney

2011 Pajero ECU re map pros and cons

Hi just after some advice on getting a 2011 Pajero ECU remapped ??Has done just on 130k, we tow a 2.5t off-road caravan and was looking at a remap to give us those few more HP and torque ?
    Anyone done this ? Results good or bad ?
    Looking at this company in sydney - https://www.dieseltuningaustralia.com.au/
    Price quoted $1495
    Any feedback or advise as to the results and cost verses improvements or otherwise
    Thank you
    NW 3.2L CDI GLX Platinum, IPF XS Driving lights, 2" lift - TJM XGS Gold Shocks and Coil Springs, Pirahna Dual Battery isolator, Aux Battery, Flashlube diesel fuel pre-filter, Western filters Catch can, Nudge bar
  • Dicko1
    Valued Member
    • Dec 2014
    • Cairns, FNQ

I just had my 2014 NW remapped last Friday. I,ve only driven it about 50klms since. Instantly I noticed no turbo lag, instant power and when you flatten the pedal the car takes off like a rocket! It feels better to drive around town as power is just always on tap. The tune was for about 20% more power and torque. I didn't get it on a dyno as the figures mean bullshit . Seat of the pants and actual driving is my preference. I had the re map done for towing...about 2.0tonne. I had to take a load of tree branches, palm fronds etc. to the tip on the Saturday. Small motorbike trailer with 1 meter sides..2 cubic yards capacity. It was full and I,d estimate a total of about 500kg. The car towed it as though it wasn't there!. Huge difference. So far...very impressed. The NW has 75,000klms and is 1 month out of warranty. Local chap in Cairns did the job...Price...unknown yet as it was a cashie and he said take it for a week to ensure you are happy. Generic tune from a NZ mob...no dyno. The company that did the tune have done many hundreds and not an issue so far. As he said...the 3.2 Paj motor responds very well to a mild power and torque upgrade due to its capacity and bullet proof build as well as a transmission that is also bullet proof.. He said mileage around town wont change but once on the highway and towing the fuel consumption will definitely improve. I,ll do a further review in a couple of months once I tow the camper for some distance.
    Dicko. FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.

TIME....1000 times more valuable than money

Comment

• Blueboy
      • Jun 2011
      • Cessnock

Remapping Gen 4.3

Had my NW remapped about 2 years ago. (55,000 kms). It is our daily drive as well as several a good bit of towing our van. Heaps more grunt, much quicker response, not much better as far as mileage around town but heaps better when towing. No worries with it at all. Done by Remap Solutions whom I would thoroughly recommend

Comment

• twisted32
        • Jan 2015
        • Adelaide

If you are in Sydney, highly recommend speaking to Steve at Transformance Mechanical Engineering (TME) at Springwood. He has a level of attention to detail you don't come across very often. Even though I am in Adelaide, he is the guy I see when I need a tune done, and yes he tuned my NW.
        Pros, just better everywhere, expect about 25% increase in power and torque everywhere. No comparison.
        Cons, only if you lean on it real hard, and constantly drive it to it's full potential, then yeah, things will wear quicker.
        There is a thread on here somewhere with a few others experiences with Steve over the past few years.
        MY14 GLX Pajero DID auto with Lift, 265/70 R17 Yoki X-AT's, Full Bushskinz plates , Scotts Rods 3" TBE, Johnny Tig FMIC, TME ECU remap, Provent, OL Bullbar, Ironman 9500lbs winch, dual batteries, Lockup mate lite, nomad valve body, aeroflow AF72-6000 transmission cooler with 9" fan and radiator cooler bypass, 3.15 reduction gears, traction contol mod (on/off), Uniden 8080S, flappy paddles, Rhino flat rack mounted on ARB rails, 42" Stedi ST3K light bar and custom drawers

Comment

• Ky1e
          • Aug 2015
          • Muswellbrook

Originally posted by Dicko1 View Post
          I didn't get it on a dyno as the figures mean bullshit .
          Errm okay.

Comment

• Paj11
            • Jun 2017
            • Sydney

Yeh, 2nd TME, definitely.
            2011 30th Anniversary NT, TME Tuned, 2 inch Billies/Dobs lift HD rear/MD front. Arb Deluxe Bar, Mitsi Tow bar, LRA Aux tank, Clearview Mirrors, Tekonsha Electric Brake Controller, iDrive, Manta 3 inch Turbo back Exhaust, Provent Catch Can, Pirelli Scorpion AT Plus 265/70/17 all corners plus spare, 9 inch iluminators, 7 inch Stedi reverse flood light, Rhino Rack, Kings Side Awning.

Comment

• Dicko1
              Valued Member
              • Dec 2014
              • Cairns, FNQ

Originally posted by Ky1e View Post
              Errm okay.

Figures vary a hell of a lot between dynos...I learnt this when having motorbike engines built for racing. Sure, I can go to one place and it will say your putting out 150kw rear wheels, factory 2 klms away and their dyno will give a different figure..say 145 kw. As I said ...the proof is in the performance. seat of pants feel, fuel economy and actual driving experience will prove if I have the tune I want. I know I have a lot more power and torque..how much doesn't concern me as I am not after extreme performance. Installer has also told me of what the increase in figures are roughly as he does many of these remaps and all are based on an initial dyno run. I know others who have also gone down the same route (not using a dyno) and all are happy with the result. I,m more than happy with how the Pajero now performs and that's all that matters
              Last edited by Dicko1; 12-02-20, 07:22 AM.
              Dicko. FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.

TIME....1000 times more valuable than money

Comment

• carnut1100
                • Jun 2019
                • brisbane

Had my NT done by Engine House Australia in Ipswich a few weeks back.
                No dyno, it was an off the shelf stage 1 for mechanically stock vehicles. Under $900 vs 1500 ish for custom dyno tunes, and it does the job.
                If I had a bigger intercooler, exhaust etc then you’ll get more from a dyno tune.

Drive it gently, feels the same.
                Poke the bear, and it’s got a lot more go than before. Not as big a difference as when I got a remap on my old TD5 Discovery...but that map would hit 800 on the pyro if you kept full throttle for more than 30 seconds, it was insane!

Fuel consumption hasn’t gone up around town, and has improved on the highway quite noticeably.
                Haven’t done a full attack on a mountain road yet, but I assume full bore will use more now...

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                Working...
                X