Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Generation 4-4 Pajero

Generation 4-4 Pajero NX model 2014 -

Old 08-02-20

My steel ARB for my 2018 NX has as standard LED DRL (not as bright as OEM though) and I optioned LED fog lights also. Will take winch if I ever decide to add one. Also has washers as it is GLS with HID lights.

Still on standard suspension but I've always intended to upgrade anyway.

Haven't really noticed any change in handling like other people have but it's only done 6k. Will upgrade suspension when I've finished my other upgrades so I know how much it all weighs.

Its heavy and costly and I considered all the pros and cons of weight, strength, steel vs alloy, ARB vs TJM etc etc. I decided that if I'm ever unlucky enough to hit something then I want the most strength and repairability (in a remote area) and never be wishing I'd made a different choice.

Last edited by Pixie_au; 08-02-20 at 06:41 PM.
Old 08-02-20

Quote:
Originally Posted by farcanal View Post
Researched various aftermarket bars and found all had "issues" with fog lights and daytime driving lights.

Bought genuine Mitsubishi and kept the car standard. Price was almost same with all bars....can't remember exact pricing but the OEM was $2800 fitted.
That's was one of my favorite options. But it's not available in n my country. Even i contact the MMAL, but they don't shipping abroad.

Sent from my BLA-L29 using Tapatalk
Old 08-02-20

Hi OP

i remember one of the admin had a winch fitted while having OEM bar. just need a seperate plate to hold them together. Give me a while to search that thread .here we go last pge https://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum...t=15297&page=4

im seriously regreting not to have MMAL steel bar fitted. I should find the thread before I sign the contract. Now I have to pay full price.damn it

wish list: 2 inch lift with 265 65r18 AT tyres. auto mate , rock sliders

Last edited by Ozzz; 08-02-20 at 07:10 PM.
Old 08-02-20

I also have the OEM bar and very happy with it. But keep in mind that the bar is very narrow, so if you decide to add spotlights later on, you will be somewhat limited in your choices.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
96 NJ 3.5 V6, HID Lightforce Spots, LED Spot, rear LED Spot, UHF, Snorkel, ARB Bullbar, Milford Cargo Barrier, 2.5M Batwing, Custom shelves, Airbags, Rear Camera, Fridge slide, Dual batteries, Diff breathers
Old 09-02-20

I put a smart bar on mine with the ARB drl and then managed to put the OEM fog lights on aswell
Old 10-02-20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixie_au View Post
My steel ARB for my 2018 NX has as standard LED DRL (not as bright as OEM though) and I optioned LED fog lights also. Will take winch if I ever decide to add one. Also has washers as it is GLS with HID lights.

Still on standard suspension but I've always intended to upgrade anyway.

Haven't really noticed any change in handling like other people have but it's only done 6k. Will upgrade suspension when I've finished my other upgrades so I know how much it all weighs.

Its heavy and costly and I considered all the pros and cons of weight, strength, steel vs alloy, ARB vs TJM etc etc. I decided that if I'm ever unlucky enough to hit something then I want the most strength and repairability (in a remote area) and never be wishing I'd made a different choice.
Same as our 2018 NX, DRL,fog lights and light washers, everything works as it should and have had zero "issues", had the factory bar on our PC Challi, was not impressed by it all ,sat very close to nose of car and didn't appear very strong at all, the Pajero bar looked similar so it wasn't an option for us,
Old 11-02-20

I ended up running with the ARB steel bar. Obviously a weight/economy trade off but i hit a kangaroo at 100km/h in torrential rain. The roo bounced off the bar and then went under my vehicle. Zero damage to the bar and a shout out to Boo's bash plates underneath as well because my vehicle was unscathed. So i'm happy with the decision to go ARB

Previous: 2002 PA Challenger
Old 11-02-20
Valued Member

You were doing 100kph in torrential rain
2015 NX GLS, Factory alloy bar, Kings HD Springs & Koni Shocks with 50mm lift, MM Auto Mate, Paddle shift kit, dual batteries with Redarc DC/DC, LRA 58L tank, Safari snorkel, Boo's bash plates (full set), 17" steels with BFG KO2's, Drifta drawers with slide, TPMS, Uniden UH8080S. Goldstream caravan and a TVan Firetail.
Old 11-02-20

Absolutely. Because that was the correct judgement in the conditions. Best to leave the forum for comments that actually help the original poster i reckon.

Previous: 2002 PA Challenger
Old 11-02-20
Valued Member

On here we are quite at liberty to question comments which are posted.
2015 NX GLS, Factory alloy bar, Kings HD Springs & Koni Shocks with 50mm lift, MM Auto Mate, Paddle shift kit, dual batteries with Redarc DC/DC, LRA 58L tank, Safari snorkel, Boo's bash plates (full set), 17" steels with BFG KO2's, Drifta drawers with slide, TPMS, Uniden UH8080S. Goldstream caravan and a TVan Firetail.