Below Nav Bar

Collapse

What have you bought for your Paj this week?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Scouter1
    Valued Member
    • Mar 2013
    • Sydney NSW

New starter battery

After four weeks of non use (two weeks overseas - two weeks in quarantine ), my three year + old main Bosch 125D31L battery carked it... Replaced with a Yuasa NX70ZZLX MF https://www.yuasabatteries.com.au/re...zzlx%20mf/info. Slightly higher CCA rating and a little cheaper.

Perhaps there is some parasitic current drain going on so will have to keep an eye on things.

Cheers,
    Stephen
    Last edited by Scouter1; 08-04-20, 06:35 PM. Reason: Added detail
    2011 Silver NT GLS DiD Auto with extra bits - build thread http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...ad.php?t=36099

Comment

• Mundy55
      Valued Member
      • Nov 2015
      • Gold Coast

Originally posted by Scouter1 View Post

Perhaps there is some parasitic current drain going on so will have to keep an eye on things.

Cheers,
      Stephen
      I have a gen 4 Paj. There's definitely battery drain. I turn the engine over every few days, irrespective of need (I am retired so don't use it for work any more) otherwise, after a week and in the cold of winter it struggles to start. A month overseas and the battery is flat. Destroyed my last battery that way. Now disconnect the battery if I am away more than a week.

My last 4wd, a LR Discovery 2, would shut off all power after 2 days of not starting to preserve the battery. Shame the Paj doesn't.

Comment

• Scouter1
        Valued Member
        • Mar 2013
        • Sydney NSW

Originally posted by Mundy55 View Post
        I have a gen 4 Paj. There's definitely battery drain. I turn the engine over every few days, irrespective of need (I am retired so don't use it for work any more) otherwise, after a week and in the cold of winter it struggles to start. A month overseas and the battery is flat. Destroyed my last battery that way. Now disconnect the battery if I am away more than a week.
        Thanks Mundy, that's good advice. It is very unusual for me not to be driving for this long so will unhook the terminal/s next time.
        2011 Silver NT GLS DiD Auto with extra bits - build thread http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...ad.php?t=36099

Comment

• arrow
          Valued Member
          • Nov 2007

so will unhook the terminal/s next time.
          Easier to fit one of those rotary isolation switches. More convenient and saves working on the battery posts more than is absolutely necessary removing cables.

For example, this:
          https://automotivesuperstore.com.au/battery-link-192b.
          straightforward.

this:

or this:

removable key but more difficult to mount.

Plenty of others to elsewhere chose from, starting with Fleabay.

Comment

• vladguan
            Valued Member
            • Mar 2015
            • Adelaide

Speaking of batteries. Tired of taking back the Century N70ZZ for warranty replacement of warranty replacement. Someone on Facebook mentioned Enirgi in Adelaide do good deals so went and got an 850CCA UMF135D31L for $148.60 ex GST. Will be fitting it tonight. The Paj has been difficult to start in the mornings of the past week.
            Please call me Vlad.
            -----------------------
            MY15 NX GLS - SPV EGR; Donaldson filter; Front sensors; Compass; DEI506T and DEI507M; LED interior and exterior lights; Blue LED step lights; 3T tow bar; 20% front & clear tint over privacy windows; Chrome handle protectors; 3x Bushskinz guards; Nudge bar; Hella Sharptones; Dual alarm horns; STEDI lightbar; TC mod loom; Paddles; ProVent 200; Dobinsons springs and MRR shocks; Bonnet struts; OCAM awning; Rear work light; Air compressor. TBD - UHF.

Comment

• gemster
              Valued Member
              • Aug 2012
              • Gold Coast

Originally posted by vladguan View Post
              Speaking of batteries. Tired of taking back the Century N70ZZ for warranty replacement of warranty replacement. Someone on Facebook mentioned Enirgi in Adelaide do good deals so went and got an 850CCA UMF135D31L for $148.60 ex GST. Will be fitting it tonight. The Paj has been difficult to start in the mornings of the past week.
              I have gone through 2... Both just after warranty ran out...

Gemster...
              YES. ITS A MITZY . 97 NL 3.5 GLS AUTO (Formally owned by geopaj)__ Snorkel ,2 Uniden Uhfs , Roof Console, 2"lift, TT Suspension, Dual bat, Redarc System, BFG KO2's All Terrains, 55L sub tank, Pioneer sound, Milford cargo barrier, Extractors, SS exhaust, Rear camp light, Free Wheel Hubs, Improved Rear Storage unit, Alarm, Led interior lamps...
              And a 1999 NL LWB... Called 'Project Covid".. Stock Standard.
              ..Both with No Airbags. We die like real Men

Comment

• gemster
                Valued Member
                • Aug 2012
                • Gold Coast

Century's.. Never again... Not worth what you get, that's for sure... Im still using one after they did replace it and just got a 'Supercheap' one for my 2nd battery, as im not going anywhere at the moment... Soon as I do, I will be getting better ones...

What are the ones you are using like, Happy?

Gemster...
                YES. ITS A MITZY . 97 NL 3.5 GLS AUTO (Formally owned by geopaj)__ Snorkel ,2 Uniden Uhfs , Roof Console, 2"lift, TT Suspension, Dual bat, Redarc System, BFG KO2's All Terrains, 55L sub tank, Pioneer sound, Milford cargo barrier, Extractors, SS exhaust, Rear camp light, Free Wheel Hubs, Improved Rear Storage unit, Alarm, Led interior lamps...
                And a 1999 NL LWB... Called 'Project Covid".. Stock Standard.
                ..Both with No Airbags. We die like real Men

Comment

• vladguan
                  Valued Member
                  • Mar 2015
                  • Adelaide

Originally posted by gemster View Post
                  Century's.. Never again... Not worth what you get, that's for sure... Im still using one after they did replace it and just got a 'Supercheap' one for my 2nd battery, as im not going anywhere at the moment... Soon as I do, I will be getting better ones...

What are the ones you are using like, Happy?

Gemster...
                  Just fitted last night. This morning, starts straight away instead of waiting for glowplug to stop, crank it 3 to 4 times, ignition off and on and wait for glowplug to stop and then crank and it starts after 3 cranks. Car seems to run smoother and I can feel it in my butt dyno. But that may be because the smart alternator doesn't have to work as hard.
                  Please call me Vlad.
                  -----------------------
                  MY15 NX GLS - SPV EGR; Donaldson filter; Front sensors; Compass; DEI506T and DEI507M; LED interior and exterior lights; Blue LED step lights; 3T tow bar; 20% front & clear tint over privacy windows; Chrome handle protectors; 3x Bushskinz guards; Nudge bar; Hella Sharptones; Dual alarm horns; STEDI lightbar; TC mod loom; Paddles; ProVent 200; Dobinsons springs and MRR shocks; Bonnet struts; OCAM awning; Rear work light; Air compressor. TBD - UHF.

Comment

• Payero
                    • Dec 2019
                    • Melbourne

Today was winch service day, and swapped out the cable for a rope.
                    Also installed the Idrive unit, have had it sitting around for a few weeks. Should have done that weeks ago.
                    --
                    2017 NX GLX - Ex Police
                    Safari Snorkel, ARB Bar, Warn winch, Stedi Type X Pro driving lights, Falken Wildpeak at3w 265/70R17, Hayman Reece Towbar, Boos bash plates, GME UHF, EFS/kings 40mm lift, Wedgetail roof rack, Ironman awning, iDrive throttle controller, Bushskinz rock sliders, Department of the Interior rear drawers.

Comment

• KPJero
                      • May 2019
                      • QLD

Spent a full day today doing electrical work in anticipation of going camping soon, which included:
                      - Finished wiring up a dual voltage battery monitor (installed next to the ASC off button) to the bottom right of the steering wheel
                      - Installed a fuse block
                      - Installed 2 work LEDs on my roof rack (intent is for having light during night time camping setups)
                      - Installed dual cigarette plugs (for various device charging)
                      - Installed LED strip lights to brighten my cargo area
                      - Installed 5x rocker switch panel
                      - Installed Pioneer powered sub under passenger seat (no pics, sorry, did it a week ago)

And pics:
                      The wiring, with DC DC charger for my fridge, attached to drawers, drawers on end for installation purposes

Switch panel on the right wing

LED strip off

LED strip on - there is a massive difference and i'm most stoked about this as it's so dark trying to find crap when camping at night

Work Lights off

Work Lights on

Dual battery voltage monitor (i could not get a non-blurry pic for the life of me) - This is in the perfect spot, I can see it whilst driving but not enough to be distracted

Comment

• Skexis
                        Valued Member
                        • Dec 2012
                        • Adelaide

Bought a recovery hitch from BCF. Got a $20 voucher from a deal on OzBargain so that combined with the BCF club members price brought the cost down to $12.99. Not too bad I thought.
                        "When strangers meet, great allowances should be made for differences of custom and training". The Lady Jessica - Wisdom of Arrakis

Comment

• Herman4x4
                          Valued Member
                          • Oct 2009
                          • Melton, Victoria

Some suspension and last month a set of Boos

Sent from my CPH1611 using Tapatalk
                          Cheers,
                          Andrew.

2008 NS Diesel Auto - stock as a rock. Planning Tow bar, dual battery system, cargo barrier, bullbar, winch, lights, roof rack and suspension.
                          Jayco Starcraft 17.58-3.

Comment

• Claudio2997
                            • May 2020
                            • España

Auto-Mode + Paddle shift

Good afternoon everyone!! First of all a big greeting for all the members of this great group. I have not found any presentation threads so I will do it here, but please let me know. Sorry for the level of English ... but my first language is Spanish. To say that this week I have assembled the paddle shift and converter lock kit that they sell in mm4x4 and I am impressed with the change !! I use the car daily, for work, leisure, travel ... but I don't tow big caravans like you. I have only tried the lock kit for a day and I have more than enough to notice the improvement in the engine response, the retention capacity of the engine is now there !! What to say ... I recommend it to everyone, I still have to try it in 4L but I am sure it will not disappoint. Regarding the change of paddles it also works very well and makes driving more fun, on the off road route it has to go much better. And finally thanks to Marshall for the attention he has had with me and quickly answering all my questions, the kit comes with the manuals super well explained, even with my low level of English I was able to assemble it myself without problems. Greetings from Murcia, Spain !!
                            Attached Files
                            Mitsubishi Pajero NT+ 2011 Diesel 200cv
                            Protecciones de bajos Almont 4x4 en duraluminio 8mm, suspensión +2" rancho rs9000xl , neumáticos 265/60/18, paddle shift, auto-mode, radio cb27 presidente Taylor III
                            En el futuro: Llantas braid winrace T antracita + neumáticos 265/70/17, remap ecu, exhaust 2.75"

Comment

• wello-bob
                              • Jun 2008
                              • SeQld

Full suspension upgrade kit from Ultimate suspension. Should be here end of next week and installed week after. Pajero is 2.5 years old and OEM rear shocks leaking already after 40000kms.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
                              --------------------------------------------------
                              2017 NX GLS Auto Diesel, MMA towbar, MMA Nudge bar, Piranha dual battery system, Uniden UHF, Bush Skinz intercooler and sump plates.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X