• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Shopping Trolley
    Valued Member
    • Nov 2013
    • Brisbane

Couple of codes - where to start

I have had the tc, abs and engine light combo in the last few weeks with no performance issues. I took it to the mechanic and they pulled the following codes 41, 35, 23.
    I had them clear the codes but I haven’t been back as I’m not really leaving the house at the moment.

Any suggestions on where to start now that I have a bit more time on my hands. Battery is good.

At the rate the mechanic charges, the diagnosis could be more than the vehicle is worth let alone the repairs.
    2003 NP DiD Auto: 265/75R16 Yokohama Geolander G015 A/T, dual batteries, Kings Springs and Monroe Shocks, to do list that is more expensive than the truck
  • craka
    Valued Member
    • Jun 2009
    • Newcastle (Newie)

There's a lot more knowledgeable people on here than me, but I'd be inclined to check abs wheel sensors.
    NS SWB X 3.2DiD - Factory locker, Hella spotties, GME UHF, 2" lift

Retired: 1991 NH SWB 3.0L V6 5sp Manual, Mickey Thompson ATZs, GME UHF TX3200.

Comment

• Shopping Trolley
      Valued Member
      • Nov 2013
      • Brisbane

Hi all

I had the codes cleared and they all came back. I also noticed backlash intermittently when getting off the throttle. I’m thinking throttle valve solenoid from what I have read on this forum.

Like most people I find I have more time on my hands to look at tackling this myself so any pointers would be much appreciated.
      2003 NP DiD Auto: 265/75R16 Yokohama Geolander G015 A/T, dual batteries, Kings Springs and Monroe Shocks, to do list that is more expensive than the truck

Comment

• mashupss
        • Feb 2014
        • Perth

Hey mate,

I had the solenoid assembly problem couple years back on my NP. The light used to go off if I put gear selector in Neutral (auto box). Didnt have any noticeable effect on car performance and I drove it around like that for a month or so.

By the sounds of your codes you probably have the same. I used this guys guide: https://www.pajero.guru/how-to-read-...nner-3-2-di-d/

Ended up buying a new solenoid assembly from amayama for about $200 a couple years ago.

Its easy to replace, its under the battery, bolted to the bottom of the chassis. You have to remove a few vacuum hoses and they are colour coded with stripes/dashes, so take a coupe photos of where they were removed from. You also have to remove the large throttle solenoid cause the assembly doesnt come with a new one (only the small vacuum ones). A couple of electrical connectors and reconnecting the vacuum lines and its done.

I found I still had the dash lights after I finished, ended up having to disconnect the battery for like 30seconds to reset everything and clear the codes.

I have pics if required, but it is straightforward!
        2005 NP 3.2 DiD, 2" Lovells (HD/SD), Gabriel shocks, MT Baja ATZ P3 265/75R16, ARB bull bar, dual batteries

Comment

• Shopping Trolley
          Valued Member
          • Nov 2013
          • Brisbane

Sorry about the delay in replying. I have found a mechanic that gives me confidence thanks to the forum. He confirmed the throttle solenoid valves are the problem and gave me the genuine part number me192046. He is happy to fit it if I source the part after the quote from Mitsubishi nearly made him fall off his seat.

Problem is the google machine can’t find anyone with it in stock outside of Russia. As this appears to be a common problem, does anyone know how to go about getting the part without being bent over by Mitsubishi?

Comment

• Seigried
            Valued Member
            • Apr 2016
            • brisbane

Try amayama or partsouq

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Comment

• Shopping Trolley
              Valued Member
              • Nov 2013
              • Brisbane

Originally posted by Seigried View Post
              Try amayama or partsouq

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
              No luck with either. Both showing out of stock.

Comment

• BruceandBobbi
                Valued Member
                • Aug 2016
                • Greater Sydney

➤ VALVE AS,EMISSION SO by MITSUBISHI for $ 104.791 on CarMarka. Original spare part ME192046. ✔️Sales ✔️Worldwide Delivery

Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for ME192046 Genuine Mitsubishi Valve as Emission Solenoid at the best online prices at eBay! Free shipping for many products!

Comment

• Shopping Trolley
                  Valued Member
                  • Nov 2013
                  • Brisbane

Originally posted by BruceandBobbi View Post
                  https://carmarka.com/en/mitsubishi-v...on-so-me192046

Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for ME192046 Genuine Mitsubishi Valve as Emission Solenoid at the best online prices at eBay! Free shipping for many products!

https://autopartmaster.com/en/?actio...price_margin=1
                  Thanks BruceandBobbi

Comment

• Shopping Trolley
                    Valued Member
                    • Nov 2013
                    • Brisbane

Finally got the issue sorted. Online parts stores were no help. Happy to take the money but nearly 4 months and no sign of the part.
                    Maurice @ Allauto in Geebung (north side of Brisbane) put in a Goss part which has solved the problem. Never had performance issues but it is nice not to get codes.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X