• Show
Clear All
  • peterdeg
    Valued Member
    • Jun 2007
    • NW Sydney

Recall PB Challenger?Replace the Genuine Mitsubishi Carpet Floor Mat

Haven't seen this mentioned yet
    Sorry, but the page you were looking for cannot be found.

Mitsubishi?PB Challenger?Replace the Genuine Mitsubishi Carpet Floor Mat

PRA number: 2011/12251
    Date created: 5th January 2011 Product information

Product description

PB model Challenger vehicle.Identifying features

VIN Ranges Between:

MMAGNKH40AF000101 and MMAGNKH40AF002438
    MMAGNKH40BF000101 and MMAGNKH40BF001069
    MMAGYKH40AF000102 and MMAGYKH40AF002486
    MMAGYKH40BF000102 and MMAGYKH40BF001123

Target Number: 2,356
    Campaign Number: 010052
    What are the hazards?

The result of incorrect fitment of the applicable mat is the possibiliy that under some circumstances the carpet floor mat may interfere with the operation of the accelerator pedal.What are the defects?

Due to a change in design of the carpet floor mat between 10MY and 11MY vehicles, it is possible that the incorrect mats may have been fitted to the PB model challenger vehicles at point of sale.Where the product was sold

• Nationally

Supplier

Mitsubishi Motors Australia LtdWhat should consumers do?

All affected owners will be contacted by mail.

Owners are advised to contact their authorised Mitsubishi dealership for inspection and replacement of the drivers side carpet floor mat if necessary.
    Peter
    2018 QE Pajero Sport Exceed.

4WD History: 2011 MN Triton GLX-R. 2004 NP GLS DiD. 2002 Freelander Td4. 1996 Subaru DL. Learnt in a 1980 Ford F100.
  • Cory
    • Jun 2008

I received a call from the dealer asking that I remove the mat, and they would call me later with further details. However, I can not see how mine could possibly interfere with anything (Manual MY11), so maybe I have the revised version?? and they are just being over cautious. I have left it in there anyway..
    Last edited by Cory; 08-01-11, 01:13 AM.

Comment

• BigBloke65
      • Aug 2010
      • SA

There's a thread on the 2nd page....http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...ad.php?t=14475
      PB Challenger LS Auto 5 seat (White) / Bridgestone D694 AT's / Window Tint / Hayman Reece Towbar / Prodigy brake controller / Factory cargo barrier / DIY False floor / ARB Deluxe Bar / Rear view camera / UHF radio / roof mounted DVD 11 inch screen / Bushskinz protection plates complete set / Extra set of wheels Dueller H/T / OME front springs 0-50kg / OME back springs 0-50kg

Comment

• jimsiron
        • Feb 2010
        • Mildura, gateway to the outback

Originally posted by BigBloke65 View Post
        There's a thread on the 2nd page....http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...ad.php?t=14475
        Yes, as per my reply in the above mentioned thread, we received a call on xmas eve from Mitsubishi and an email a few days later. I abided by their instructions and removed the offending mat until inspection when advised.
        2010 manual in Terra Rosa, ARB deluxe bar,Cibie Oscar lights, Redarc dual battery monitor, Factory mats throughout,Redarc remote brake controller, Electraphone UHF, MMA tow bar, Garmin Navman plus the Misses, and plenty of travelling music! Towing a 2011 Jayco Discovery 17.55.3 Outback.

Comment

• Mooky
          • Jun 2010
          • Brisbane

I got an email from Mitsu as well. I suspect I have the mats they are talking about. The mat will get caught under your left foot and makes it difficult press down on the clutch. first time it happened to me I though to myself this is dangerous and pulled it out. Have been looking at getting some rubber mats.

Mark

Comment

• WITTNALL
            • Jun 2010
            • Don Valley Victoria

l think its a bit strange that MMA have only contacted a handful of customers about these mats. l have had my car since June and have these mats, but have not heard from anyone, if it was not for reading about it here l would not have known about any of the problems.
            MY 2010 PB LS Challenger White Auto:-Full tint, ARB Deluxe bar with driving lights, Safari Snokel, Mickey Thompson MTZ 265/70/R17's, IPF 900SX Spotties, Kaymar rear step bar/wheel carrier/tow bar, Longrange Automotive 136ltr long range auxiliary tank, King Springs / Koni 40mm lift...

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
            Working...
            X