• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Richyd
    • Dec 2019
    • Sydney

LRA auxiliary fuel tank parts

Hey guys,
    I bought a second hand LRA auxiliary fuel tank a while ago and will hopefully be fitting it soon.
    It didn't really come with many of the parts, so I was hoping that someone here could help me source some parts. I've contacted LRA but apparently they do not sell the parts seperate to the tank itself.

I have found a duel filler neck, so that's sorted. I am still after:
    1x Steel Fill Pipe Part (#FPMNMGC/AUX)
    3 x Secondary Brackets

Does anyone have any of these parts spare? Or, does anyone happen to have these parts off the car and could take some detailed photos and measurements in the hope that I can fabricate some myself?

Thanks again in advance!
    Richard
  • El_Freddo
    Valued Member
    • Nov 2018
    • Bridgewater, Vic

I emailed LRA about this two years ago and I was quoted $600 for the tank fitting kit - this included everything except the tank itself.

I ended up sourcing a dual filler neck but later found out it was for a Gen2, so I modified that to fit. Using the list of parts on their website I got all the hoses I needed from a local hydraulic store, roughly $130 all up from memory.

The metal pipe section, I used a cut down factory filler pipe section. I got two from the wreckers to retain our factory filler pipe if we ever feel the need to reverse the tank fitment (doubtful on that!).

After stuffing around with sorting all of this out I wish I went with the kit option - hopefully it’s an option you can follow up on. I think this is a more economical way to go especially time wise in ease of fitment.

We got the LED gauge and pump switch unit from apexus.com.au - model PG200-b
    It was easy to wire in once I found a location for it (under the vent on centre dash area) and it looks super neat. Once the tank is empty the red low indicator slowly flashes. I don’t know how annoying this is at night yet.

A long range tank is definitely well worth the effort! We painted ours satin black too as that’s what Mrs El_Freddo wanted.

Cheers

Bennie
    2005 NP DiD auto. The family bus. Dual batteries, snorkel, one side step, King Springs lift, Koni shocks, rear airman airbags, Provent catch can, 81L LRA tank (awesome!). Other rides: "Ruby Scoo" my lifted L series Subaru and my "Redback" Targa top Brumby - only mods are 5 poster bullbar and nicer dashboard from a coupe

Comment

• Richyd
      • Dec 2019
      • Sydney

Hey Bennie, thanks for the reply.
      I contacted them in regards to just the fitting kit, but was told it could only be bought as the entire kit, including the tank.

The filler tube idea sounds good, I might look into that!
      Any idea about the mounts? That's one of my bigger worries, as I have no idea if it's a simple metal sheet mount or a more complicated mount...
      Thanks again, richard

Comment

• El_Freddo
        Valued Member
        • Nov 2018
        • Bridgewater, Vic

Hey Richard,

The mounts are pretty sturdy. The rear right mount is like a flat T piece that mounts off the two bolts for the tow bar to the tank. On our tank the mount had been repaired and not done well. I added a new right angle piece to the mount, hopefully it won’t break again.

The front mount is basically some flat strap with a bar horizontally between the two straps.

Rear left mount would be easy to make. It’s kind of like a lift block with a tab at either end. Best bet would be to dummy fit the tank and see what’s needed, even make some CAD (cardboard aided design) pieces to make your mounts from.

Some pics here from when I was chasing some bracket info.

In my opinion, the tank and the dual filler pieces are the hard bits to get - the rest can be made/found and fitted to save some coin if your time is your own.

Cheers

Bennie
        2005 NP DiD auto. The family bus. Dual batteries, snorkel, one side step, King Springs lift, Koni shocks, rear airman airbags, Provent catch can, 81L LRA tank (awesome!). Other rides: "Ruby Scoo" my lifted L series Subaru and my "Redback" Targa top Brumby - only mods are 5 poster bullbar and nicer dashboard from a coupe

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
        Working...
        X