• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • stevecarstens
    • Jul 2019
    • sydney

Battery size

I have recently installed my Redarc SBI12 on to my AUX battery tray under the bonnent and it fits bloodly nice only had to move the carbon canistar to the drivers side.

My question is to all the pajperts is.... if i run 2b&s cable to the redarc and to the Aux battery do i need to use fuses or not? as i wont be drawing that much power from the Aux battery all the time when we go away. Any help would be great thanks. Also were do i find 60 amp N48 batteries as i have been looking everywere.
  • Shakes
    • Aug 2019
    • Preston

Up to you on the fuse.

If there is any chance at all the cable could rub and contact the body I’d fuse it.

My google failed me, I couldn’t find exact measurements of a N48 battery.
    This might be close. The 130ah has done 2years solid duty with a fridge full time for the last two years

Comment

• nvll.mrrs
      • Sep 2019
      • NZ

First timer here. Boy racers with big boom boxes and big amps will point you in the right direction for fuses that size. Always put in a fuse. Lots of car fires start through lack of a fuse.

Sent from my LG-H870DS using Tapatalk

Comment

• stevecarstens
        • Jul 2019
        • sydney

Thanks Shakes, but that 1 wouldnt fit my aux tray, however i did find 1 that is a BOSCH 55D23R BATTERY 550CCA FOR TOYOTA, NISSAN, Mazda, MITSUBISHI, LEXUS and this is the link. https://www.ebay.com/itm/BOSCH-55D23...S/123786111543

Comment

• Lance
          Valued Member
          • Aug 2009
          • Melbourne

Steve, if your Paj is a Diesel, will 550CCA be enough ?

I'm certainly not an auto electrician, so just asking the question.
          2005 NP Platinum Edition, DiD Auto
          2009 VW Crafter motorhome

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
          Working...
          X