• Show
Clear All
  • littleriver
    Valued Member
    • Jan 2013
    • Queensland

Eclipse Cross & Outlander - ASC Recall

What are the defects?
    Incorrect operation of the ASC safety system software may cause safety features to disable momentarily. There are several vehicle safety features controlled by the ASC safety system. Where equipped, these include:
    Adaptive Cruise Control
    Forward Collision Mitigation
    Brake Auto Hold
    Hill Start Assist
    Super All-Wheel Control
    2012 PB Challenger LS (Manual) Safari Snorkel, OZtec shocks front & rear with King Springs (lift 2 inch) , 22 inch light bar on ECB Nudge bar, roof racks & basket, Bridgestone Duelers 697 LT A/T (116S), Uniden Dash cam, Oricom 2 way radio 80 channel, Ipod connected via glove box usb, Waeco cf50, Garmin gps (with topo), Opticoat + paint protection, Nilrust proofing, Roosystems Ecu Remap
  • Morry
    • May 2019
    • middlemount

I took my misses Eclipse in for the recall last year and they handed me the car back a hour later telling me that it was all done/fixed. On the 3 hour drive from Rockhampton back out to Middlemount I realised that the software outdated hadn’t fixed buggerall. Right from the start when she bought the Veh last year I noticed that the adaptive cruise control did some weird things. When merging(on overtaking lanes)from the outside lane back into the middle lane the ACC will sense when there is a car in the oncoming lane and hit the brakes. Sometimes it will do it on and normal 2 lane road when on a sharp left bend WTF?. I own a 2013 Audi SQ5 that I’ve had since new and it has ACC and it has never ever done any of these types of things. Yes I know my SQ5 was a $110k veh when new but the Eclipse has a ACC system that is 5 years newer so expect it to be perfect like my Audi’s. everyone else I’ve spoken to up here in my area that has the Eclipse and has had the software update installed has told me that it hasn’t worked and they are having the same dramas with the ACC system. I’ve told the dealer in Townsville where we bought the car from and it’s goung in on the 16 of this month for a service and they are going to check it out. The checked and said that there are no new updates for the car and that they haven’t heard of any issues with cars after the recall......I say Bulldust!

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
    Working...
    X