• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hugh Jorgan
    • Jan 2019
    • Australind

Service Book

Has anyone lost their service book before? I'm looking at a 2016 Paj with no book. It looks like an ex hertz car so they have the service history from hertz but is this enough to maintain the factory new car warranty with Mitsubishi? Can I order a new book for it and have it back dated by Hertz? Any advice appreciated lads.
  • rykiel575
    • Sep 2017
    • Sydney

I doubt it was serviced by mitsubishi so they wouldn't have the records if you gave them the vin.

Most likely hasn't had a full service history so i'd skip on it.

Plenty of other ones out there
    2012 NW Pajero GXL 3.2L

Comment

• Hugh Jorgan
      • Jan 2019
      • Australind

Originally posted by rykiel575 View Post
      I doubt it was serviced by mitsubishi so they wouldn't have the records if you gave them the vin.

Most likely hasn't had a full service history so i'd skip on it.

Plenty of other ones out there
      I have the history from hertz as they use their own mechanics. The dealer sent me this print out they received from them. I emailed Mitsubishi to find out if this would be enough to keep it going so just waiting for a reply from them about it as they will be the ones honouring it then I'll have email evidence if they try to dupe me later. But your probably right mate, I'm probably leaving myself open for a nasty surprise.

Comment

• spot01
        Valued Member
        • Apr 2011
        • Adelaide

Originally posted by Hugh Jorgan View Post
        Has anyone lost their service book before? I'm looking at a 2016 Paj with no book. It looks like an ex hertz car so they have the service history from hertz but is this enough to maintain the factory new car warranty with Mitsubishi? Can I order a new book for it and have it back dated by Hertz? Any advice appreciated lads.
        You can download the full service schedule for the car from the MMAL website. This will enable you to compare what Hertz have done with the MMAL requirement. Note rental use requires the "severe service items" to also be completed - the schedule will show the details. This may help you decide in your own mind whether it has been serviced properly given it's usage and what extra or catch up servicing might re required now (to use in negotiation of price).

My experience with many rented vehicles is they get a hard life and are often not maintained to the standards I expect, so it depends on your expectations of the car & it needs to be priced down - there are plenty of other cars out there....

PS - being a 2016 it may have needed both airbags replaced under the Takata recall, so ask MMAL if this has been done - if not, it is free to get done if you buy it.
        Pajero NX MY21 GLS

Comment

• Keithyv
          Valued Member
          • May 2018
          • Perth

Depends on the km's done - as a 2016 car I doubt there's much that could have gone wrong.
          As long as engine oil & filter has been changed regularly then I would not be too worried (except any accident damage)
          I know someone who purchased an ex-rental (NT I think it is) and the car has had no issues.
          There were a few minor things like a stripped bolt on the spare wheel carrier but generally it's been very solid.
          2014 NW MY14 3.2 DID GLX-R Auto. Champagne in colour!
          MM Lockup mate. King KCRS-35 rear springs. Monroe Gas Magnum TDT rear shocks. 3M color stable tint all round. Spare wheel lift kit. 'Dynamat' in all doors and rear cargo area. Pioneer AVH-Z5150BT Head Unit. Upgraded Speakers. Rear (2nd row) USB outlet. Factory nudge bar with LED light bar. Provent catch can. LED interior lights. Rear cargo area twin Andersons and Merit socket. Anderson plug in rear bumper. 6 channel TPMS.

Comment

• aussieintas
            Valued Member
            • Feb 2013
            • Sorell, Tasmania

As keith said how many kms, with 15000km service intervals it may have only had a few services. And if you do buy it maybe worth changing all fluids, diffs, transfer engine so you know its up to date.
            2014 VW Touareg V6 diesel

Previously
            88 NF Exe SWB 2.6 manual
            92 NH Gls LWB 3.0 auto
            92 NH J-Top 2.5 manual
            99 Landcruiser Gxl 4.5 manual with all the fruit
            95 NJ Gls SWB 3.0 auto
            08 NS Vrx SWB 3.2 auto​

Comment

• spot01
              Valued Member
              • Apr 2011
              • Adelaide

Originally posted by aussieintas View Post
              As keith said how many kms, with 15000km service intervals it may have only had a few services. And if you do buy it maybe worth changing all fluids, diffs, transfer engine so you know its up to date.
              Also worth noting rental vehicles need the interim 7,500km services & the "severe usage" items as well, according to the MMAL schedule. I doubt many rental companies would do these, as they would come along quite frequently. The cars I have rented have often been overdue for service even using the normal use distances. This is where warranty issues might arise?
              Pajero NX MY21 GLS

Comment

• Hugh Jorgan
                • Jan 2019
                • Australind

Originally posted by spot01 View Post
                Also worth noting rental vehicles need the interim 7,500km services & the "severe usage" items as well, according to the MMAL schedule. I doubt many rental companies would do these, as they would come along quite frequently. The cars I have rented have often been overdue for service even using the normal use distances. This is where warranty issues might arise?
                Thanks for the reply's guys. I've decided to give the car a pass. even @ 40000kms the price is low but probably for a reason. If it was so easy to get a book or have the service recognised they would have done it before the sale. Every car I've looked at in the last week has had no book or an incomplete history or had several crash records. With the amount of pajeros for sale you'd think there would be a good one near me... think again...

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                Working...
                X