• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Intergaze
    • Jun 2020
    • NichollsNicho ACT

Heater core pipes 91 Pajero

Guys, i read several threads in here about flushing heater assy in my 91 Pajero NH. Problem is that I could not get rubber hoses off the connectors at firewall. I used multigrips to twist rubber, but squashed one of the connectors. Leaked like a siv when i reconnected it. Does anyone know if those two brass looking pipes coming through firewall are actualky part of the heater core ? Or are they separate ? Btw, core was not that dirty after all. My options seems to be to try to fix squashed pipe (if possible) or replace core. Would appreciate any advice from you guys, thanks.
  • gemster
    Valued Member
    • Aug 2012
    • Gold Coast

Not too sure on your model But On my NL they are part of the Heater core.. You might be able to use a plumbing expansion tool to re-size and try and make the pipe round again , but if its anything like the NL, you will need very small hands...

Gemster...
    YES. ITS A MITZY . 97 NL 3.5 GLS AUTO (Formally owned by geopaj)__ Snorkel ,2 Uniden Uhfs , Roof Console, 2"lift, TT Suspension, Dual bat, Redarc System, BFG KO2's All Terrains, 55L sub tank, Pioneer sound, Milford cargo barrier, Extractors, SS exhaust, Rear camp light, Free Wheel Hubs, Improved Rear Storage unit, Alarm, Led interior lamps...
    And a 1999 NL LWB... Called 'Project Covid".. Stock Standard.
    ..Both with No Airbags. We die like real Men

Comment

• Intergaze
      • Jun 2020
      • NichollsNicho ACT

Thanks. I will investigate the resizing option you suggested. And yes, access to those connections is so tight, considering its a big vehicle. In my opinion, the car is well built, but as you say, extremely tight. Thanks for tge feedback.

Comment

• gemster
        Valued Member
        • Aug 2012
        • Gold Coast

In my language Mitsubishi means = Pull lots of parts off to reach the part you need using Very small hands.. Lucky I have small hands...

My heater core leaked and needs replacing, so I just put a loop hose on it and by-passed the heater using 2 joiner pipes and a 'U' shaped bit of hose..
        Up here in QLD, you don't really need the Heater and We don't have yearly checks for roadworthy...
        But if you do need/want one, Autobarn has a small Heater that uses a ciggie plug or use a 12v hair drier in the original ducting...

Just realised You are in the ACT... You will need some sort of Heater... Lol...

Gemster...
        Last edited by gemster; 30-06-20, 10:35 PM.
        YES. ITS A MITZY . 97 NL 3.5 GLS AUTO (Formally owned by geopaj)__ Snorkel ,2 Uniden Uhfs , Roof Console, 2"lift, TT Suspension, Dual bat, Redarc System, BFG KO2's All Terrains, 55L sub tank, Pioneer sound, Milford cargo barrier, Extractors, SS exhaust, Rear camp light, Free Wheel Hubs, Improved Rear Storage unit, Alarm, Led interior lamps...
        And a 1999 NL LWB... Called 'Project Covid".. Stock Standard.
        ..Both with No Airbags. We die like real Men

Comment

• Intergaze
          • Jun 2020
          • NichollsNicho ACT

Thanks for your advice. I ended up using many things to expand the pipe, scew drivers, coat hangers, wooden dowel. Access was tight and no room to get leverage. Pipe did get a bit rounder so put hose on and clamped it as tight as possible. It did NOT leak. So all good for now. However, heater did not change much. Warm air comes put of right side vents but cold our left side. Its better than constantly leaking. And i was thinking of bypassing like you did as my next option.
          I still love my Pajero

Comment

• erad
            Valued Member
            • Mar 2015
            • Cooma NSW

The heater system uses a heater core (as you have already found out) and coolant flows through it all the time. If you want hot air, flaps direct incoming air through the heater coils, if you want cold aid, the flaps are move to bypass the core. The fact that you have hot air coming from one side means that the heater core is working. You need to find and adjust the flaps now to make air go where you want it

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
            Working...
            X