• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • littleriver
    Valued Member
    • Jan 2013
    • Queensland

New Mazda BT 50 2021

2012 PB Challenger LS (Manual) Safari Snorkel, OZtec shocks front & rear with King Springs (lift 2 inch) , 22 inch light bar on ECB Nudge bar, roof racks & basket, Bridgestone Duelers 697 LT A/T (116S), Uniden Dash cam, Oricom 2 way radio 80 channel, Ipod connected via glove box usb, Waeco cf50, Garmin gps (with topo), Opticoat + paint protection, Nilrust proofing, Roosystems Ecu Remap
  • BruceandBobbi
    Valued Member
    • Aug 2016
    • Greater Sydney

So it's an Isuzu.

Comment

• Jasonmc73
      Valued Member
      • Jun 2019
      • Brisbane

Its a good mix me thinks, Isuzu drive train with Mazda's finish.

And once the ACCC has finished with Mazda with current case they should give a little more attention to customer service in the future as they wouldn't want any further bad press.

A winner I reckon should be.
      Mitsubishi Pajero NX MY16 GLS with Sand Grabba floor mats, Ultragauge, Automate & Paddle gear shifters with Vlads traction control mod, Nautia switch panel, ARB compressor, Redarc Tow Pro, Anderson plug, Bushskinz front & rear alloy plates, Kaon light duty cargo barrier & rear door table

Comment

• Two Emms
        Valued Member
        • Jan 2020
        • Mansfield, Vic

Sort of a modern day Holden Rodeo
        2016 NX GLS Factory alloy bar, Provent 200 catch can, Boos bash plates (full set), Stedi light bar, 40 litre Waeco, Titan fridge slide, Kings springs, Toyo Open Country AT3s, Auto-mate, Ultragauge, Uniden 8080s, Tanami x11, more to come...

Comment

• Kingmarz
          Valued Member
          • Dec 2016
          • South Island New Zealand

Nice shape only thing is that they went down in power from the previous model which is a big no no in this fast moving class.
          02 NM Pajero 3.2 DID Auto with Snorkel, Turbosmart Dual Stage Boost Controller, Kinugawa 15T Hybrid turbo with 56mm Billet compressor wheel and extended tips, 2” lift, 3” straight through turbo back exhaust, EGR Removal, ECU Piggyback Chip, Raw Nitro shockies, 22” Black Rhino wheels & 33x12.5 mud tyres, EGT, boost and engine temp gauges, catch can, Synergy 4b Ronbox, K&N air filter, 320x300 Front mount intercooler with 3” polished inlet piping, 4 Bar MAP sensor @29psi many other mods

Comment

• BruceandBobbi
            Valued Member
            • Aug 2016
            • Greater Sydney

I would rather a non stressed 3 litre engine than the 2.4 in the Sport and the Triton @ 133kW and 430Nm torque any day.

Hilux 2.8 is 130kW and 450Nm of torque.

Can't see the Landcruiser lasting much longer in either V8 guise.

That's the way of the world now.

Comment

• nj swb
              Resident
              • Jun 2007
              • Adelaide

Originally posted by BruceandBobbi View Post
              I would rather a non stressed 3 litre engine than the 2.4 in the Sport and the Triton @ 133kW and 430Nm torque any day.

Hilux 2.8 is 130kW and 450Nm of torque.

That's the way of the world now.
              I recently read a report that the next Gen Hilux 2.8 will have 150kW and 500Nm torque. That's the same power and more torque than the 1HD-FTE.

A 2.8 litre 4 cylinder now producing more than a 4.2 litre 6 cylinder. This can only happen with higher pressures in the cylinders, more forces on the engine internals, more pressure on the bearings. Can modern metallurgy and lubrication technology really provide the same longevity?
              NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 ST Maxx, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

• Brownie
                • Nov 2008
                • Brisbane

Engines are not designed to last - the EGR is a good example that on paper looks to be a good idea, as it does reduce noxious vehicle emissions, but its at the cost of gunking up the engine, and shortening its life. The world does need vehicle emissions regulations, but hand in hand, there needs to be an increase in the life of a vehicle to stop motor vehicle manufacturers taking short cuts to meet emission standards that result in the poor consumer being forced to replace vehicles that struggle to get past 200,000 kms.
                Sold Pajero NS R SWB 2008
                Replaced with a 2018 Mazda BT50

Comment

• Ian H
                  Valued Member
                  • May 2015
                  • Melbourne

Originally posted by BruceandBobbi View Post
                  I

I think I read somewhere that they had decided to scrap the V8.
                  2015 NX GLS, Factory alloy bar, Kings HD Springs & Koni Shocks with 50mm lift, MM Auto Mate, Paddle shift kit, dual batteries with Redarc DC/DC, LRA 58L tank, Safari snorkel, Boo's bash plates (full set), 17" steels with BFG KO2's, Drifta drawers with slide, TPMS, Uniden UH8080S, Alpine iLX-702D head unit.

Comment

• BruceandBobbi
                    Valued Member
                    • Aug 2016
                    • Greater Sydney

Originally posted by Ian H View Post
                    I think I read somewhere that they had decided to scrap the V8.

Found these links.

Comment

• Jasonmc73
                      Valued Member
                      • Jun 2019
                      • Brisbane

Originally posted by Two Emms View Post
                      Sort of a modern day Holden Rodeo
                      Yep & it was a good ute, learnt to drive in a Rodeo!
                      Albeit 2wd.
                      Mitsubishi Pajero NX MY16 GLS with Sand Grabba floor mats, Ultragauge, Automate & Paddle gear shifters with Vlads traction control mod, Nautia switch panel, ARB compressor, Redarc Tow Pro, Anderson plug, Bushskinz front & rear alloy plates, Kaon light duty cargo barrier & rear door table

Comment

• littleriver
                        Valued Member
                        • Jan 2013
                        • Queensland

Now available in Single Cab, Freestyle & Dual Cab configurations, the Complete Package has arrived. Discover the Brand-New Mazda BT-50 Ute today.
                        2012 PB Challenger LS (Manual) Safari Snorkel, OZtec shocks front & rear with King Springs (lift 2 inch) , 22 inch light bar on ECB Nudge bar, roof racks & basket, Bridgestone Duelers 697 LT A/T (116S), Uniden Dash cam, Oricom 2 way radio 80 channel, Ipod connected via glove box usb, Waeco cf50, Garmin gps (with topo), Opticoat + paint protection, Nilrust proofing, Roosystems Ecu Remap

Comment

• Loady1
                          • Aug 2016
                          • Queensland

Bought one, love it. So much better than the old 5 cylinder BT
                          Late 2016 PS 5 seat. Bridgestone ATRs, Kings KCRS-23, KCFS-55, Bilsteins , PROVENT 200, Safari snorkel, bash plates.
                          Hayman Reese towbar. Tow pro elite.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X