• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kingmarz
    Valued Member
    • Dec 2016
    • South Island New Zealand

We now out of lockdown today and nearly everything is back to normal here in NZ our government has done a superb job and we had no new cases yesterday.
    02 NM Pajero 3.2 DID Auto with Snorkel, Turbosmart Dual Stage Boost Controller, Kinugawa 15T Hybrid turbo with 56mm Billet compressor wheel and extended tips, 2” lift, 3” straight through turbo back exhaust, EGR Removal, ECU Piggyback Chip, Raw Nitro shockies, 22” Black Rhino wheels & 33x12.5 mud tyres, EGT, boost and engine temp gauges, catch can, Synergy 4b Ronbox, K&N air filter, 320x300 Front mount intercooler with 3” polished inlet piping, 4 Bar MAP sensor @29psi many other mods

Comment

• Oven
      • May 2020
      • Sidney

At first I was busy with my project and spent all my time in the garage. I was glad that I have so much free time. Then I realized that I needed to buy some spare parts for my car and some tools. I don’t want to spend money now because I don’t know what prospects await me in the future and how long the lockdown will last, so I decided to postpone work on my project. I read a lot now, watched my favorite movies and started playing games online. I really liked the game Megaways video slots, here is more about this. I like not only playing games, I often read on different game portals about different updates in games, tips on how to play better. I don’t know how soon I’ll get tired of it, but I'm already starting to think about what else I can do at home without danger to my health.
      Last edited by Oven; 22-05-20, 04:35 PM.

Comment

• erad
        Valued Member
        • Mar 2015
        • Cooma NSW

I received this email yesterday. It is rather alarming...

"The paragraphs below were written by a nurse who works with ventilators:

Here you go folks... for those people who don't understand what it means to be on a ventilator but want to take the chance of going back to work....

For starters, it's NOT an oxygen mask put over the mouth while the patient is comfortably lying down and reading magazines. Ventilation for COVID-19 is a painful intubation that goes down your throat and stays there until you live or you die.

It is done under anesthesia for 2 to 3 weeks without moving, often upside down, with a tube inserted from the mouth up to the trachea and allows you to breathe to the rhythm of the lung machine.

The patient can't talk or eat, or do anything naturally - the machine keeps you alive.

The discomfort and pain they feel from this means medical experts have to administer sedatives and painkillers to ensure tube tolerance for as long as the machine is needed. It's like being in an artificial coma.

After 20 days from this treatment, a young patient loses 40% muscle mass, and gets mouth or vocal cords trauma, as well as possible pulmonary or heart complications.

It is for this reason that old or already weak people can't withstand the treatment and die. Many of us are in this boat ... so stay safe unless you want to take the chance of ending up here. This is NOT the flu.

Add a tube into your stomach, either through your nose or skin for liquid food, a sticky bag around your butt to collect the diarrhea, a foley to collect urine, an IV for fluids and meds, an A-line to monitor your BP that is completely dependent upon finely calculated med doses, teams of nurses, CRNA's and MA's to reposition your limbs every two hours and lying on a mat that circulates ice cold fluid to help bring down your 104 degree temp.

Anyone want to try all that out?

Then stay home!
        Stay safe and well!"

Comment

• Dicko1
          Valued Member
          • Dec 2014
          • Cairns, FNQ

Originally posted by erad View Post
          I received this email yesterday. It is rather alarming...

"The paragraphs below were written by a nurse who works with ventilators:

Here you go folks... for those people who don't understand what it means to be on a ventilator but want to take the chance of going back to work....

For starters, it's NOT an oxygen mask put over the mouth while the patient is comfortably lying down and reading magazines. Ventilation for COVID-19 is a painful intubation that goes down your throat and stays there until you live or you die.

It is done under anesthesia for 2 to 3 weeks without moving, often upside down, with a tube inserted from the mouth up to the trachea and allows you to breathe to the rhythm of the lung machine.

The patient can't talk or eat, or do anything naturally - the machine keeps you alive.

The discomfort and pain they feel from this means medical experts have to administer sedatives and painkillers to ensure tube tolerance for as long as the machine is needed. It's like being in an artificial coma.

After 20 days from this treatment, a young patient loses 40% muscle mass, and gets mouth or vocal cords trauma, as well as possible pulmonary or heart complications.

It is for this reason that old or already weak people can't withstand the treatment and die. Many of us are in this boat ... so stay safe unless you want to take the chance of ending up here. This is NOT the flu.

Add a tube into your stomach, either through your nose or skin for liquid food, a sticky bag around your butt to collect the diarrhea, a foley to collect urine, an IV for fluids and meds, an A-line to monitor your BP that is completely dependent upon finely calculated med doses, teams of nurses, CRNA's and MA's to reposition your limbs every two hours and lying on a mat that circulates ice cold fluid to help bring down your 104 degree temp.

Anyone want to try all that out?

Then stay home!
          Stay safe and well!"

Another issue is that once you are in the hospital...thats it until you are lucky enough to be released as clear! No visitors at all. If your elderly father/mother or a child of yours has to enter hospital..the reality is that you just cannot visit at all.

The morons demonstrating for more freedom need a reality check....maybe they could volunteer for the vaccine trials... If everyone does the right thing and stop thinking about themselves, hopefully things will improve sooner rather than later.
          Dicko. FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.

TIME....1000 times more valuable than money

Comment

• disco stu
            Valued Member
            • Dec 2018
            • Wollongong

Problem is the flatter the curve, the longer it goes on for. I've had a bad cough for about a month and ended up being tested for which I was clear. I kind of thought that at least if I did have it and was getting over it then I don't have to worry anymore.

But that is silly talk from me-I'm a teacher and apparently it's commonly known to decision makers that those involved in schooling can't catch it-it doesn't spread in schools according to the government.

You mentioned vaccine Dicko-you know how far off they are from it? That to me seems the only thing that will mean the end of restrictions, I fear another peak will be coming along fairly shortly.

Comment

• Dicko1
              Valued Member
              • Dec 2014
              • Cairns, FNQ

Originally posted by disco stu View Post
              Problem is the flatter the curve, the longer it goes on for. I've had a bad cough for about a month and ended up being tested for which I was clear. I kind of thought that at least if I did have it and was getting over it then I don't have to worry anymore.

But that is silly talk from me-I'm a teacher and apparently it's commonly known to decision makers that those involved in schooling can't catch it-it doesn't spread in schools according to the government.

You mentioned vaccine Dicko-you know how far off they are from it? That to me seems the only thing that will mean the end of restrictions, I fear another peak will be coming along fairly shortly.

Vaccine could be 6 months, 6 years or 60 years. Nobody knows...in the meantime mr trump says drink bleach and look at the sun!!!
              Dicko. FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.

TIME....1000 times more valuable than money

Comment

• disco stu
                Valued Member
                • Dec 2018
                • Wollongong

So just carry on like normal for me. Reminds me-I better pick up some more bleach!

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                Working...
                X