X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Steve879
    • Jan 2014
    • Canberra

It has a valve at the bottom of the hose. You can install without this and have to pull the unit out to drain.
    2012 Pajero Activ.. ARB Bar, LED Driving ights, TJM Coils and Shocks, TJM Snorkel. Dominator winch. BFG KM2 265/70/17 Stedi Led fog lights and DRL's. Icom UHF.

Comment

• Ron416
      • Feb 2020
      • Sydney

Hi all,

Just a DIY installed one of these Ryco catch cans (RCC350K) yesterday on a PB Challenger - will have to buy the hoses to complete the install.

se thicker flat bar for vertical bracket to increase rigidity (I think I used 3mm). Will have to measure up a cross bracing or add cable ties.
      - Heat up the alu. flat bar before bending. I used a regular lighter flame.
      - May require some protection from vibration and rubbing on brake lines, etc

Are there improvements I can make? Happy to receive any feedback.

Hope these pics give someone some ideas.

Link to album:

Comment

• Larsbote
        • Jun 2018
        • Adelaide

Hi, I am in the same situation with a tjm snorkel, can you show me how you got around this?

Cheers Stephen

Comment

• bb2wa
          • Apr 2018
          • Perth

Originally posted by Shedtinkerer View Post
          I have just bought one of these catch cans the basic unit RCC350 comes with a mounting bracket, from ebay $161.
          Easy fitting by mounted on the fire wall using the lower wiper motor bolt hole and earth strap bolt (with 40mm spacer). I used a spacer and a longer bolt to suit the wiper motor as I used a 32 mm spacer tube to keep the unit away from the cables and pipework.
          Have a NW 2104 with TJM snorkel so difficult to mount bracket behind air filter as others have done with the Provent. The ryco unit is supposed to filter better than the Provent?? Supposedly the filter cartridge is interchangeable with the Provent 200
          Have mounting photos if any one is interested.
          Would be nice if you posted photos?
          Cheers
          2009 NT DID Platinum, CR5002HP air bags, KYB Skorched 4s shocks, std front springs, rear Kings std . Alpine iLX-702D, Occam roof rack 2.2m on backbone.

Comment

• BruceandBobbi
            Valued Member
            • Aug 2016
            • Greater Sydney

Originally posted by bb2wa View Post
            Would be nice if you posted photos?
            Cheers

He has.

Two posts back.

If you can't find the post it's here.

Comment

• bb2wa
              • Apr 2018
              • Perth

Originally posted by BruceandBobbi View Post
              He has.

Two posts back.

If you can't find the post it's here.

https://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum...6&postcount=17
              Talking about post by Shedtinkerer. His mount sounds interesting. Just trying to figure out a mount for my Pajero NT.
              2009 NT DID Platinum, CR5002HP air bags, KYB Skorched 4s shocks, std front springs, rear Kings std . Alpine iLX-702D, Occam roof rack 2.2m on backbone.

Comment

• BruceandBobbi
                Valued Member
                • Aug 2016
                • Greater Sydney

Oops. My apologies.

Comment

• bb2wa
                  • Apr 2018
                  • Perth

Talking about post by Shedtinkerer. His mount sounds interesting. Just trying to figure out a mount for my Pajero NT.
                  So mounted between A/B switch(?) and air filter. Tight but just room. Finding appropriate hose was the hardest step. A few 19mm connectors and clamps from Bunnings. Bolted to lower bolthole on the AB mount and the spare bolt into body. Will post some photos later. Short steel strip as hanger from the spare bolt so top of can is low enough to close bonnet.

Comment

• bb2wa
                    • Apr 2018
                    • Perth

So mounted between A/B switch(?) and air filter. Tight but just room. Finding appropriate hose was the hardest step. A few 19mm connectors and clamps from Bunnings. Bolted to lower bolthole on the AB mount and the spare bolt into body. Will post some photos later. Short steel strip as hanger from the spare bolt so top of can is low enough to close bonnet.
                    Photos:
                    Attached Files

Comment

• kod10
                      • May 2014
                      • brisbane

Ryco on a 2019 Sport

I read on the PS FB of vibrations after fitting the Provent can. Perhaps engine torque movement during acceleration/deceleration push and pulls the hoses to the Provent canister and it's mounts which are attached to the Brake assembly on the firewall. I was also very concerned with the possibility of chaffing damage to the brake hydraulic lines which are terribly close, and would not like to be in a remote bush situation without brakes.

To avoid those points above, I decided to replicate the original hose situation, that is, only having the Ryco catch can attached to the engine and its components, so that everything moves in unison. I have fabricated a very robust mount, bolted to three M8 bolts circled on the photos.

I welcome any comments on my hack at catch can mounting. Thanks.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X