• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • scribble88
    Valued Member
    • Mar 2014
    • Geraldton, WA

Read this thread with the added posts last night. Some great arguments on both sides.

I was talking to the maintenance guy at work about this discussion. He bought up an interesting point.

Automatic with TC
    Manual with TC

In his opinion, an automatic transmission with TC enabled works really well. The traction control complements automatics, working with it to get through the tough tracks.

In a manual transmission however, sand, slippery surfaces, the traction control can hinder, for the exact reason NJV6, explained.

I wonder of the responds on this thread who of you has a manual, and who has automatic.

Do you agree with him?

Is an AT with TC off as good as a MT with TC off and vice versa
    2010 3.2 DiD Activ Pajero 5sp Manual. Bilstein and HD Lovells 50mm lift, Toyo Open Country II A/T, Diff breathers, SPV EGR Mod, Exedy HD Clutch, Electric brake controller, Kings Lethal 9” LED’s.Reversing camera system for trailer, Airtec Snorkel. Full set of Bushskinz bash plates.

Comment

• NJV6
      Valued Member
      • Sep 2010
      • New Zealand

Originally posted by green troll View Post
      So far only one useful response. Lol. But that's what's forums are all about. Lol
      Today I did this mod as per the instructions in the thread earlier, thanks slo78.

Cut the Grey wire

Start soldering

Re wrap loom and plug in and done.

I just put a simple two pole on/off switch next to the ASC switch - the wire I soldered to one side of the switch and the other side to a suitable bolt as an earth.

Switch off

Switch on
      1994 NJ SWB, 3.5 Manual, 285/75/16 Deegan 38s MT, 25mm body lift, Twin ARB air lockers, XD9000 winch, custom bar.
      1991 NH LWB, 3.9 V8, trayback, solid front axle, Toyota hi mount winch
      2011 NT GLX DiD, 3.2 Manual, 285/65/17 Falken Wildpeak AT3W, SPV EGR, Lovells SD rear, HD front, Bilsteins, Custom underbody protection, Safari Snorkel, JTig intercooler and loads of zip ties in the dash...

Comment

• green troll
        Valued Member
        • Aug 2015
        • Adelaide

Awesome stuff mate. Haha looks like ur using a mig welder instead of a soldering iron with the torch on. Lol

Is it possible to intercept this grey wire in an easier to get to place.

Comment

• NJV6
          Valued Member
          • Sep 2010
          • New Zealand

Na sorry I got no idea! It just goes into the wiring obis.
          1994 NJ SWB, 3.5 Manual, 285/75/16 Deegan 38s MT, 25mm body lift, Twin ARB air lockers, XD9000 winch, custom bar.
          1991 NH LWB, 3.9 V8, trayback, solid front axle, Toyota hi mount winch
          2011 NT GLX DiD, 3.2 Manual, 285/65/17 Falken Wildpeak AT3W, SPV EGR, Lovells SD rear, HD front, Bilsteins, Custom underbody protection, Safari Snorkel, JTig intercooler and loads of zip ties in the dash...

Comment

• green troll
            Valued Member
            • Aug 2015
            • Adelaide

Ahh the obis. Lol.

Comment

• P4J3R0
              Valued Member
              • Jun 2013
              • Brisbane

Videos of skids not loading for some reason.............. Lol.

Great work, I know I have used mine a handful of times now but it has made a world of difference.
              NS Pajero, with stuff.

Comment

• Jaster
                • Apr 2008
                • Wollongong, NSW

Interesting reading. Just wondering if you could also pick up the rear diff lock light as a visual indicator given we're basically tricking the Paj into thinking it's on ... right ? ... Given mine doesn't have a rear diff lock, wouldn't cause any confusion ... just thinking out loud really
                Current: Cool Silver '11 NT RX Auto
                Retired: Green '02 NM Exceed Manual

Comment

• green troll
                  Valued Member
                  • Aug 2015
                  • Adelaide

I think the way a AOB switch works if I remember correctly is you need a ground, dash light illumination, then I think the activated led is powered by the 12v ur switching. So that might not work as your switching a ground

Comment

• green troll
                    Valued Member
                    • Aug 2015
                    • Adelaide

Although you could get it working with a relay.

Comment

• Pajshomoneroguntero
                      Valued Member
                      • Jul 2013
                      • Sydney

I thought it was supposed to be two wires - the grey being one of them, pins 78 and 85?
                      NX GLS MY16 Auto: MM Towbar | Spare Lift Kit | Cooper ST MAXX 265/65R17 | SPVi Module mk3.1 | Autosafe Half Cargo Barrier | Torque Pro App | Donaldson 3um 2ndry Fuel Filter | Diff Breathers | GME4500 UHF | Rhino Rack Pioneer Platform | Roley's Rear Bash Plate | Bushskinz Underbody Protection | Airtec Snorkel | Onboard Compressor | Awning | ARB Deluxe Bar | Lightbar | Sherpa4x4 Winch | Bushskinz Sidesteps | Masten TPMS

Build Thread

Comment

• P4J3R0
                        Valued Member
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Brisbane

Yeah one of the other wires for the dash illumination.

I thought about it but with no indicator for the front diff I decided not to bother.

Lights on the switches are enough.
                        NS Pajero, with stuff.

Comment

• Clayton88
                          • Jun 2015
                          • Perth

I finally did this mod over the weekend and managed to do it all without removing any panels except the little cover plate next to the drivers foot rest. I removed this panel and was able to reach up to the ECU and unplug the pull the plug back to where I removed the panel just enough to cut and solder the grey wire. Only took less than an hour to do the whole mod. So happy with the result!
                          2011 NT Platinum Pajero DiD 3.2L Auto

Comment

• green troll
                            Valued Member
                            • Aug 2015
                            • Adelaide

Originally posted by Clayton88 View Post
                            I finally did this mod over the weekend and managed to do it all without removing any panels except the little cover plate next to the drivers foot rest. I removed this panel and was able to reach up to the ECU and unplug the pull the plug back to where I removed the panel just enough to cut and solder the grey wire. Only took less than an hour to do the whole mod. So happy with the result!

Great result. I will do this when I get the time. Sounds easy. No dash to remove.

Comment

• Clayton88
                              • Jun 2015
                              • Perth

Really easy, I was surprised! If you angle the cover to the 12V plug/socket and shine a torch through the bottom crack/gap, you can see the ECU and plug which then gives you a better understanding of where is it when you stick your hand up there :-)
                              2011 NT Platinum Pajero DiD 3.2L Auto

Comment

• Gingerbread Man
                                • Sep 2016
                                • Coffs Harbour

Some threads mentioned 2 wires? Also a double pole switch being needed?

Just to confirm, using the picture posted earlier. I need to cut the grey wire, then I need to extend both ends to a double pole switch. One way the switch joins the two grey wires like it originally was. Then flicking the switch needs to earth the wires? What grey (once cut) end does it want to earth? The one crimped into the plug, or the now loose lead which was originally heading to the plug?

Last edited by Gingerbread Man; 22-01-17, 06:19 PM.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X