• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sharkcaver
    "2000"+ Valued Contributor
    • May 2009
    • Perth

Up the guts of the goldfields

By routes lesser traversed. A picture story until I find the time for another write up.

5 days, 2000K's and 1000Km's over 3 days with no one in sight.

NG/NF Paj came and joined me Friday night. Unfortunately I left him alone by the fire at 1030 as I'd been up since 4am. Woke at 0600 for a twinkle and noticed a nice sheet of ice on the windscreen:

MY16 NX GLX5 with just a few bits added. MY14 D-max spacecab, also with a few bits added.

My Journeys
  • sharkcaver
    • May 2009
    • Perth

Next night I finally made the Helena and Aurora Ranges, at 1730 with a setting sun and minimal time for the collection of firewood:

MY16 NX GLX5 with just a few bits added. MY14 D-max spacecab, also with a few bits added.

My Journeys

Comment

• sharkcaver
      • May 2009
      • Perth

Then onto Mt Elvire:

My Journeys

Comment

• sharkcaver
        • May 2009
        • Perth

And finally onto Sandstone for the last night:

Then a leisurely 700 odd KM transit via the black top for home.

I learnt a couple of things from this trek.

1. The Paj is by far the best vehicle I've ever owned. So reliable, I have no issue trekking solo into more remote regions.

2. The rear view mirror pops of its stalk. Well It does when one takes out a feathered b52 (eagle) at highway speed. I still cant believe I have a windscreen.

My Journeys

Comment

• stevemc181
          Valued Member
          • Sep 2012
          • Thornlie/Perth

Some awesome pics there Shane, weather looks great even if it was a little chilly at night. Would love to get out that way sometime for a bit of an explore. Glad the Paj never let you down and the windscreen is still intact!
          Look forward to your trip report
          2012 NW Activ with all the fruit, stripped what I could for my new build and handed over to the Mrs as a daily driver.

Current vehicle: 2016 Y61 GU Patrol Legend series Auto, (Last of the Breed)
          3505kg GVM Upgrade and 2" Lift | Warn XD 9000 Winch | Factory steel bar, towbar, snorkel, alloy roof rack | 285/70/17 (33") Mickey T ATZ P3's | 3" Manta Exhaust | ORS Drawer System | Manual Boost Controller | ECU Remap |

Comment

• Nab
            Valued Member
            • Mar 2012
            • Perth

Looks like a great trip yet again, nice pics!
            SOLD 2004 NP 3.2 auto
            NOW 2014 Ranger XLT auto

Comment

• bok
              • Mar 2014
              • Blue mountains

Great photos and sounds like a great trip.

Phil

Comment

• frog
                Banned
                • Apr 2014
                • sydneyhills.com.au

Thanks for sharing lovely photos

Comment

• Rovingman
                  Valued Member
                  • Jan 2014
                  • Blue mountains

Great pics sharkcaver thanks
                  Pajero NT RX 2011
                  Dark tint: Driftadraws:bushskinz set:tough dog lift:50lt waeco:MSA drop down slide: optima 66AH blue top: oricom cb:GME antenna:120w solar:narva 170 lights:hayman reese brake controller:18/265/65 BFG's :roof basket & bag:SPV MK3.1:ARB compressor: Donaldson fuel filter:breathers:Redarc 40amp:century 120AH dual batt: Blue tongue offroad trekka camper trailer :2016 winch n bar Airtek snorkel
                  LIVING THE DREAM!! My Build http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...ad.php?t=44476

Comment

• XXXceed
                    • Oct 2013
                    • Adelaide

Nice shots Shane, looks like another place to pencil in on my list of many..
                    2004 NP exceed DI-D: Bilstein/Lovell 2"HD lift, Bushskinz guards & sliders,Tigerz 2x2.5 awning, Toyo Opat 2's, Safari snorkel, SR 3" exhaust

Comment

• kerway
                      • Aug 2010
                      • North West Sydney

Just makes you appreciate the country we live in. Great pics.

thanks for sharing
                      kerway
                      NW CoolSilver with things bolted on it. Some better than others

Comment

• sharkcaver
                        • May 2009
                        • Perth

Thanks for the kudos fella's.

Anyway a busy day at work means I can do trip reports

Enjoy.

Edit: June 2015. I have just discovered the name of the unnamed Gnamma hole and added it in A combination of RDO's, shift swaps and an ea...

My Journeys

Comment

• Drjohn11
                          • Sep 2011
                          • Melbourne

Great write up and fantastic photos. Looking at coming over to the west next year. Starting to plan the itinerary Your blog is very helpful.

Thanks

Alex
                          NX GLS MY15 Pajero 265 265 17 BFG AT KO2 Bilsteins & Lovells, ARB Bar Airtec Snorkel Runva XP11 Full BushSkinz Underbody Protection and RockSliders, Donaldson Filter, LRA Tank, Icom 450N 75W HID Spots & Lightbar Drifta Drawers MSA Fridge Slide Engel Fridge 110AH Lithium Battery 65L Water Tank Paddle & Lockup-Mate Kimberley Kamper
                          NL 1999 Pajero 3.5L Cargo Barrier UHF Roof Rack. Dual Battery Engel Fridge No Airbags

Comment

• stevemc181
                            Valued Member
                            • Sep 2012
                            • Thornlie/Perth

Originally posted by sharkcaver View Post
                            Thanks for the kudos fella's.

Anyway a busy day at work means I can do trip reports

Enjoy.

Edit: June 2015. I have just discovered the name of the unnamed Gnamma hole and added it in A combination of RDO's, shift swaps and an ea...

Another awesome trip report! Feathered B52 hahahaha! I love that one

I'll have to get out that way and have a look around myself sometime, some really great looking spots to explore.
                            2012 NW Activ with all the fruit, stripped what I could for my new build and handed over to the Mrs as a daily driver.

Current vehicle: 2016 Y61 GU Patrol Legend series Auto, (Last of the Breed)
                            3505kg GVM Upgrade and 2" Lift | Warn XD 9000 Winch | Factory steel bar, towbar, snorkel, alloy roof rack | 285/70/17 (33") Mickey T ATZ P3's | 3" Manta Exhaust | ORS Drawer System | Manual Boost Controller | ECU Remap |

Comment

• sharkcaver
                              • May 2009
                              • Perth

Originally posted by Drjohn11 View Post
                              Great write up and fantastic photos. Looking at coming over to the west next year. Starting to plan the itinerary Your blog is very helpful.

Thanks

Alex
                              Good stuff. Money on the fridge

Originally posted by Steve blingman :D
                              Another awesome trip report! Feathered B52 hahahaha! I love that one

I'll have to get out that way and have a look around myself sometime, some really great looking spots to explore.
                              Let me know when you go.

My Journeys

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X