• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Benji3500
    • May 2019
    • Auckland, New Zealand

Interior dash lights

My Drive doesn’t work nor does my rear left 4wd
    Is it just a bulb or could it be something else?
    Attached Files
  • aussieguy
    • Oct 2015
    • Brisbane

led bulb, easy fix google it couple screws and and few plugs.
    05/97 NK 3.5L DOHC - DEAD
    02/00 NL 3.5L SOHC

Comment

• OkiMatt
      • Oct 2019
      • Okinawa

I just failed my Japan Compulsory insurance inspection and had to fix my Seatbelt light.

This link helped me, not my exact model but the bulb sizes were correct.

Mitsubishi Montero Gen 2.5 Dash, Console, and Interior LED Bulb Replacement Just adding to the knowledge base and attempting to consolidate threads. Here's what I did to replace my interior lights with LEDs (I used red bulbs). -------------------------------------------------------- Purchase...

Comment

• Benji3500
        • May 2019
        • Auckland, New Zealand

Originally posted by OkiMatt View Post
        I just failed my Japan Compulsory insurance inspection and had to fix my Seatbelt light.

This link helped me, not my exact model but the bulb sizes were correct.

https://expeditionportal.com/forum/t...en-2-5.119160/
        Thanks for this trying to figure out which bulb or leds I need.
        I know some are T5 or T10
        Is there a list of each individual bulb?
        Do I need to get specific colours as well?

Comment

• Mulcher
          • Mar 2019
          • Melbourne

I've swapped out about eight from the two 99 model Escapes I've had. They're just little globes in the back of the dashboard, none of them were LEDs, just standard incandescent globes. Easy to remove the dashboard, two screws up high at the front and one over the back, near the windscreen behind a little plastic cover. Use a small screwdriver to lever the cover up and out of the way. Look for the slot at the edge of the cover though. Next, disconnect the wiring. On my cars there are four connectors, two on each side of the dashboard. Unplug them and the dashboard comes out.

I picked up a whole lot of the globes and globeholders from a wrecked vehicle. They've come in VERY handy. Earlier model Gen 2 Pajeros appear to have the same dashboard setup so they're an option too.

The globes should be available from Auto stores eg. Repco or Supercheap Auto but I haven't checked. When I run out I"ll just get a whole pile more from another wrecked vehicle.

Comment

• 98NL GL
            • Oct 2011
            • Cairns

Originally posted by Benji3500 View Post
            My Drive doesn’t work nor does my rear left 4wd
            Is it just a bulb or could it be something else?
            Definitely think its bulb. It would brink if anything else me think. However how did you go with changing the bulbs?
            XSWAT 1998 NL GL, 3.5L MANUAL, 2" OME 50 mm Lift, MAXXIS 751 33X12.5R15 on CSA N26 RIMS with -11 OFFSET, UNIDEN UHF, NARVA 175 SPOTTIES, AIRCON & RADIO/CD,......CONVERTED to SEVEN SEATER, Manual Hubs (ex tritton)
            1990 NG SWB 2.5 TDI AUTO JAPAN IMPORT, 33s, LIGHT BAR, GEN 2 IDLER & PITMAN ARMS. PLANS - Dual Battery.
            1999 NL SWB 2.8 TDI AUTO JAPAN IMPORT, INVECS TIPTRONIC AUTOMATIC GEARBOX, ARB BULLBAR, DUAL BATTERY, SPOTTIES, ROOF RACK.
            2016 MY16 PAJERO GLX AUTO DID GRAPHITE COLOR STOCK

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
            Working...
            X