• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pajaru
    Valued Member
    • Dec 2013
    • Perth

Recommendations for Eyre Peninsular travel

We are heading to South Australia in particular the Eyre Peninsular in the next few days.

What are the recommend places to visit for scenery, wildlife (Wombats, haven't seen one up close yet) and birdlife.

Also any good 4WD tracks in this area.

Thanks
    Building Now: MY20 GLX Pajero.

Retired: MY14 GLX-R Pajero
    To go where very few have gone before https://www.pajeroforum.com.au/core/...ilies/wink.png

Our Travels & Our YouTube Channel
  • old Jack
    Regular
    • Jun 2011
    • Adelaide, South Australia.

If you can get a campsite at Memory Cove in Port Lincoln National Park it is well worth the effort especially for a few days if you are self sufficent.
    Head out via the Sleaford Wanna Dunes track, it is slighty longer but a great drive.

OJ
    Last edited by old Jack; 08-11-19, 09:52 PM.
    2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
    MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .

Comment

• Drewan
      • Apr 2017
      • Adelaide

Fisheries bay And Coffin bay used to be great when we were kids but they fixed all the tracks now you can do it in a Jeep
      Over capitalized NK.I'm running out of things to add to it it died , now a SWB NJ with all the good stuff from the NK on it .

Comment

• Pajaru
        Valued Member
        • Dec 2013
        • Perth

Thanks Guys, Thanks OJ for the info on Memory Cove. Looks good and we will be going there for sure. We are going to take a look at Coffin Bay. Can't find anything on Fisheries bay except its on the Yorke Peninsula, but can't seem to find a map showing it.

To go where very few have gone before https://www.pajeroforum.com.au/core/...ilies/wink.png

Comment

• Drewan
          • Apr 2017
          • Adelaide

Eyre peninsula get to Lincoln head for walers way ( ignore that waste of money ) turn off on the right just before walers way sign Fisheries bay,follow dirt road 5ks parking bay/campsite on the left and right over the lump and your on the beach ( not hard my grandmother used to do it in a Chrysler Ranch wagon ) turn left at the water head down to the rocks and camp flat head in the gutter whiting off the rocks salmon just get in the way.
          Over capitalized NK.I'm running out of things to add to it it died , now a SWB NJ with all the good stuff from the NK on it .

Comment

• Kingbrown
            Valued Member
            • Apr 2012
            • Port Augusta - SA

I was going to suggest Googs Track for a bit of sand driving then a circuit through the Gawler Ranges, but given the time of year (heat/dust/flies etc) I think you're better off sticking to the coast.

Any of the detours off the highway to the coast will have your senses working overtime.

Coffin Bay out to 7 mile beach (watch the tides) then Pt Sir Isaac and Sensation Beach is a nice drive.

Central EP is largely broadacre farming but there are a number of parks and reserves where you can squirrel yourself away for a nice time. Again, time of year has to be factored in (including fire danger/bans).
            2012 PB Challenger LS Manual

Comment

• Pajaru
              Valued Member
              • Dec 2013
              • Perth

@ Drewan, thanks,Found it I think, South of Lincoln but named as "Fishery Bay" on Hema's 150k Map.

@ Kingbrown,Yeah no doubt wrong time of year for Googs, although we have done Googs in March of 2016. Googs lake was full of water and was a impressive site and I reckon that Googs Track is something that everyone should do at least once. Coffin Bay looks good to, added that to the list.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
              Working...
              X