• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HeavyPizzaz
    Valued Member
    • May 2017
    • Sydney

Hey mate my 2c is if it’s a big issue for you, you’d be able to buy the rubber part for a few bucks probably maybe $10, I’ve bought quite a few plastic / rubber parts like this from my local MMC dealer for both my NP and NX and they have all been reasonably priced.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Cherokee
      • Aug 2019
      • Milan, Italy

Originally posted by HeavyPizzaz View Post
      Hey mate my 2c is if it’s a big issue for you, you’d be able to buy the rubber part for a few bucks probably maybe $10, I’ve bought quite a few plastic / rubber parts like this from my local MMC dealer for both my NP and NX and they have all been reasonably priced.

Ok, so you confirm that the plastic/rubber melted it's not structural. I will do so, thanks for the help!

Comment

• nj swb
        Resident
        • Jun 2007
        • Adelaide

Certain insect repellents and sun screens can have a similar effect on some plastics. I wonder if hand moisturisers and / or this modem obsession with hand sanitisers might also be a factor?

Does a wife / partner also drive the vehicle? Does the steering column height get regularly adjusted between drivers?
        NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 ST Maxx, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

• Cherokee
          • Aug 2019
          • Milan, Italy

Originally posted by nj swb View Post
          Certain insect repellents and sun screens can have a similar effect on some plastics. I wonder if hand moisturisers and / or this modem obsession with hand sanitisers might also be a factor?

Does a wife / partner also drive the vehicle? Does the steering column height get regularly adjusted between drivers?
          No Sir, I'm the only driver and and I do not think I've adjusted the steering wheel height over years of use of the Pajero.

Comment

• HeavyPizzaz
            Valued Member
            • May 2017
            • Sydney

Originally posted by Cherokee View Post
            Ok, so you confirm that the plastic/rubber melted it's not structural. I will do so, thanks for the help!
            No sorry mate, I don’t know, I tried looking at the parts diagram and can see the lever but it doesn’t show a part number so maybe you can’t. Have a chat with Mitsubishi parts dealer with your VIN and ask them to look.

Comment

• Cherokee
              • Aug 2019
              • Milan, Italy

Will do so, thanks for the help anyway!

Comment

• aussieintas
                Valued Member
                • Feb 2013
                • Sorell, Tasmania

According on on line parts company Partsouq.com the steering column is 1 piece including the adjustemnt handle and rubber cover, pic below. Part number is 4401A065 for the whole column.

Reckon best way would be try to source rubber cover from a wreckers. That siad for the amount of times you adjust is it really worth it.
                Attached Files
                2014 VW Touareg V6 diesel

Previously
                88 NF Exe SWB 2.6 manual
                92 NH Gls LWB 3.0 auto
                92 NH J-Top 2.5 manual
                99 Landcruiser Gxl 4.5 manual with all the fruit
                95 NJ Gls SWB 3.0 auto
                08 NS Vrx SWB 3.2 auto​

Comment

• old Jack
                  Regular
                  • Jun 2011
                  • Adelaide, South Australia.

Originally posted by aussieintas View Post
                  That said for the amount of times you adjust is it really worth it.

Agree, why not just remove the plastic and leave the adjuster as bare metal? If you wanted to get fancy you could plastic dip the handle.

OJ.
                  2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
                  MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .

Comment

• aussieintas
                    Valued Member
                    • Feb 2013
                    • Sorell, Tasmania

Or further to what old jack mentions about plasticdip product. You can buy brush on rubber coating material here in Aus, pretty sure you could source in Italy.
                    2014 VW Touareg V6 diesel

Previously
                    88 NF Exe SWB 2.6 manual
                    92 NH Gls LWB 3.0 auto
                    92 NH J-Top 2.5 manual
                    99 Landcruiser Gxl 4.5 manual with all the fruit
                    95 NJ Gls SWB 3.0 auto
                    08 NS Vrx SWB 3.2 auto​

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                    Working...