• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Shogun 2000
    Valued Member
    • Aug 2009
    • Dodges Ferry, Hobart, Tassie

new rims

what have people done to make rims fit over the front brake calipers? I have been given a set of 17x7.5 alloy rims off a 2013 GLXR Triton but they scrape on the caliper. What are my options for getting these to fit? I have a 2008 NS Pajero.
    2008 NS Platinum 17x8 alloys with 265x65x17 All Terrains. UHF, auxillary battery in 3rd row seat well, alloy bullbar. window tint. 2" lift. bonnet struts to do away with the rod. catch can, Hikeit X9 throttle controller.
  • spot01
    Valued Member
    • Apr 2011
    • Adelaide

No legal options, unfortunately.
    Pajero NX MY21 GLS

Comment

• pharb
      Valued Member
      • Jul 2007
      • Tyers,Vic

Swap them with some 17x7" from ML Triton. Easier said than done unfortunately.

I bought some of 4 17x7.5" from MN thinking they would fit. Nup.

Luckily my Dad had an ML with 17x7" that did fit.

Had to buy a second set of 4 17x7.5" to swap 5 with Dad, but that gave me 3 wheels for camper trailer.
      PCOV Member 1107.
      Daily driver NX GLX
      Semi retired NL GLS 3.5 (no airbags) in almost prestine condition to replace NJ.
      Virtually fully retired NJ 2.8TD
      Previously - NB LWB, NA SWB.

Comment

• spot01
        Valued Member
        • Apr 2011
        • Adelaide

Originally posted by pharb View Post
        Swap them with some 17x7" from ML Triton. Easier said than done unfortunately.

I bought some of 4 17x7.5" from MN thinking they would fit. Nup.

Luckily my Dad had an ML with 17x7" that did fit.

Had to buy a second set of 4 17x7.5" to swap 5 with Dad, but that gave me 3 wheels for camper trailer.
        I think there may be more than one type of 17" on the ML Tritons - only the 6 spoke with the "tear drop" shape on 3 spokes near the centre fit. These were on the later GLX-R ML dual cabs. Always test fit to front of Paj before buying.

Also, any 17" from Pajeros should fit, including the 17" from the NP, etc.
        Pajero NX MY21 GLS

Comment

• Shogun 2000
          Valued Member
          • Aug 2009
          • Dodges Ferry, Hobart, Tassie

Originally posted by spot01 View Post
          I think there may be more than one type of 17" on the ML Tritons - only the 6 spoke with the "tear drop" shape on 3 spokes near the centre fit. These were on the later GLX-R ML dual cabs. Always test fit to front of Paj before buying.

Also, any 17" from Pajeros should fit, including the 17" from the NP, etc.
          Only trouble is , i dont like any of the other rims. these are the rims that i have.
          Attached Files
          2008 NS Platinum 17x8 alloys with 265x65x17 All Terrains. UHF, auxillary battery in 3rd row seat well, alloy bullbar. window tint. 2" lift. bonnet struts to do away with the rod. catch can, Hikeit X9 throttle controller.

Comment

• spot01
            Valued Member
            • Apr 2011
            • Adelaide

Originally posted by Shogun 2000 View Post
            Only trouble is , i dont like any of the other rims. these are the rims that i have.
            Unfortunately they won't fit without illegal & potentially dangerous modifications - best to move them on.
            Pajero NX MY21 GLS

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
            Working...
            X