Below Nav Bar Ad Module

Collapse

Can I remove both rear springs at the same time?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • old Jack
    Regular
    • Jun 2011
    • Adelaide, South Australia.

Originally posted by pb4x2 View Post
    Hi OJ,
    I just got off phone where I inquired about the legalities of lowering my PB 4x2 (rear wheel drive) and was told it was legal as long as I had 100mm clearance. King springs make a -30mm coil to suit Tritons but most aftermarket coils are heavier duty than standard so I would opt to have original coils reset. About five years ago I had the rear coils reset 35mm shorter which worked well leaving the car level a stance I prefer. I had to shorten the rebound rubber of course and if I do go down this road again well definitely anchor coil to the axle pad (locating point). I like the Sorento but would probably go for a smaller four cylinder turbo auto that will run on 91 octane. Have you noticed most medium suvs require premium unleaded these days and it's bloody expensive. Also heard some time ago the government is going to phase out 91 octane. Now there is some fuel for thought.
    100mm is the minimum ground clearance required by any vehicle that is to be road registered, this is covered in the ADR's. So whoever you spoke to only gave you part of the information you required.
    However it does not mean you can modify your Challenger so the ride height is lower than the minimum legal ride height as prescribed in the RVCS data, which is the document Vehicle importers are required to submit and have approved by the Australian government. The Challenger has a minimum unladen legal ride height of 502mm front and 512mm rear, this is measured from the centre of the wheel hub to the underside of the wheel arch in a vertical line. This measurement is 40mm lower than the factory standard ride height. Failing to comply with this requirement would result in an unroadworthy vehicle and therefore void your insurance.

OJ.
    2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
    MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .

Comment

• pb4x2
      • May 2015
      • Deception Bay Qld 4508

Okay,so best I get my tape measure out before my wallet.
      2012 PB Challenger 4x2 auto

30mm Whiteline Front Sway Bar / SPV Delete / Catch can / Auto-mate / Lowered Front 35mm Rear 50mm / Side Steps Lowered 20mm / Rear Spoiler / Sony Double DIN xav-ax1000 / Rear Camera / All the Chrome bits

Comment

• Pixie_au
        • Apr 2019
        • Queensland

So.... we've crossed off the younger wife option then?

[emoji23]

Can thoroughly recommend Kia Sportage. I have 2.0l diesel and it's a ripper. Better than petrol version.

Comment

• pharb
          Valued Member
          • Jul 2007
          • Tyers,Vic

Hi OJ,
          Thank you for that information,will make sourcing the parts easier and perhaps a little cheaper.I am actually looking at lowering (dumping) my PB as my wife uses it to taxi her elderly friends about and some have difficulty getting into the vehicle. It has been suggested we buy a smaller SUV but I would prefer to modify what we have as its a good vehicle and I've grown attached to it over the years. It's certain to be a cheaper alternative than a new car or younger wife!!!
          Many years ago I was discussing rebuilding TUS shockers on our Gen 2 with The Ultimate Suspension company. In the process of conversation it came up that they did offer a lower ride height spring for more senior customers that had used the Pajero more for towing than off roading.

They might be worth a call. I think their details are included in the sponser part of this site.
          PCOV Member 1107.
          Daily driver NX GLX
          Semi retired NL GLS 3.5 (no airbags) in almost prestine condition to replace NJ.
          Virtually fully retired NJ 2.8TD
          Previously - NB LWB, NA SWB.

Comment

• pb4x2
            • May 2015
            • Deception Bay Qld 4508

Originally posted by Pixie_au View Post
            So.... we've crossed off the younger wife option then?

[emoji23]

Can thoroughly recommend Kia Sportage. I have 2.0l diesel and it's a ripper. Better than petrol version.

Yes sorry, but after weighing up the pros and cons overnight I have decided to leave things as they are. Changing either or both would cost a fortune and both have proven to be reliable over the years. When the time comes the Sportage will definitely be on the short list.

30mm Whiteline Front Sway Bar / SPV Delete / Catch can / Auto-mate / Lowered Front 35mm Rear 50mm / Side Steps Lowered 20mm / Rear Spoiler / Sony Double DIN xav-ax1000 / Rear Camera / All the Chrome bits

Comment

• nj swb
              Resident
              • Jun 2007
              • Adelaide

Yes sorry, but after weighing up the pros and cons overnight I have decided to leave things as they are. Changing either or both would cost a fortune and both have proven to be reliable over the years. When the time comes the Sportage will definitely be on the short list.
              You don't need a younger wife, your wife just needs younger friends.
              NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 ST Maxx, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

• pb4x2
                • May 2015
                • Deception Bay Qld 4508

Originally posted by nj swb View Post
                You don't need a younger wife, your wife just needs younger friends.

Agree totally, you tell her.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                Working...
                X