• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Stoneman
    Valued Member
    • Jul 2012
    • Melbourne

Originally posted by Nat82 View Post
    Recently whilst doing 100k towing small trailer asc and engine light come on and limp mode . Switch off and back on power still there but still fault ,this happens a couple more times under exactly same circumstances eventually with no power , mechanic replaces the boost solenoid all is good for a about a week then exact same problem again, power still there but under load just keeps going to limp mode and eventually looses all power, mechanic installs Dawes valve and all good again until a week later then bang no power , he then drops psi slightly and few days later Asc is back and same situation , mechanic is talking ecu replacement I’ve heard everything from turbo replacement too changing manifold to nt and egr block etc etc
    Looking for advise and also if anyone knows a good pajero mechanic in Logan Brisbane area as I’m not confident the diesel mechanic knows what they are doing ��@*$#♂️
    Cheers
    Have you checked your manifolds for the build up of crap these things suffer?

Any boost issues and this is number one on the list! Than check vacuum hoses but also check the turbo actuator arm is functioning.
    Check your throttle body is working correctly as well by pulling the main pipe of and seeing if it closes when you shut down the motor.
    Than one process at a time

This crap of ecu’s and shit that just magically start doing random shit is just crap imo, so many have said they have replaced ecu’s for no change

Limp modes and crap in the NS from the auto is very rare

There is far to many text book mechanics or over educated opinions when diagnosing a engine, Talk to any mechanic, it’s like trying to self medicate ones self.

Common sense lacks in a lot of people nowadays imo

My NS has been trouble free since I diagnosed it my self

Oil changes and filters is all I ever do now, the scv plays up ever now and again but a new one dosent last long until it does the same surge so we just drive through it until it comes good (might try the polishing trick i seen on the triton forum one day )

Keep posting your info and someone might nail it for you

NS Pajero Exceed. With stuff

Comment

• padey
      • Apr 2018
      • Sydney

Limp mode

Originally posted by padey View Post
      Limp Mode (LM) has been an issue on my NS 3.2L Diesel for several years, only when towing our caravan. Mitsubishi Mildura said it was a leaking turbo intercooler (three years ago during a caravan trip). That cost my $1400 and still have LM. Mitsubishi dealers have not been able to fix the issue. After a recent short caravan trip with LM, I had Trivett Mitsubishi, Rydalmere (Sydney) investigate. They came up with three codes - "P1299, U1120 and 35 engine code". They cleared two, but were unable to clear U1120 as they required "a combination metre to be replaced with a temporary one from another vehicle". Had no other Pajero in the work shop. Heading to Melbourne next week for the tennis and hoping to have no LM on the hills. Time will tell!!!!! I have annoyingly got used to limping up a hill; turning off engine and restarting regularly.
      On a recent caravan trip I used manual mode on the auto shift and to my surprise this eliminated the limp mode. Not sure what the issue is but manual mode prevents it

Comment

• padey
        • Apr 2018
        • Sydney

Limp Mode

On a recent trip towing a caravan I used manual mode on the hills. To my surprise the Pajero did not go into limp mode.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
        Working...
        X