Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • peter54smith
    • Jun 2011
    • Barry Vale of Glamorgan Wales UK (gs io81ij)

Mk2 head sorted

Hi ho all down under just an update from me on my sick paji mk2 shorty. Well I finally got the head job sorted out so all is now back to normal sort of. I have noticed my heater is blowing luke warm air so I conclude a possible air lock or a blocked matrix. I shall keep you all updated as and when this is resolved. Best regards to you all from a uk pom😊
    The problem is not the problem its your attitude to the problem that's the problem.
  • disco stu
    Valued Member
    • Dec 2018
    • Wollongong

Maybe try turning the car directly nose up to release air.

Sorry, couldn't help myself!

Comment

• stumagoo
      Valued Member
      • Jun 2014
      • Perth WA S.O.R

If coolant stop leak has been used to combat head problems that can block up the heater core.
      1994 NJ 3.0 now with a 2000NL 3.5 engine and driveline, 2.5 catback, 32" MT Deegan 38's, 1" body lift, front diff drop with front tension rods indexed and cranked an 3", 3" on the rear coils
      *** retired to the big wrecking yard in the sky***
      1998 NL 3.5 blisterside, running a 6g75 (3.8) with M90 supercharger at 14psi, 305.70.16's on -44 rims 3.5" suspension lift, Custom Bull bar, winch install, custom front control arms, NJ GLS flares and some camping gear in the back

Comment

• peter54smith
        • Jun 2011
        • Barry Vale of Glamorgan Wales UK (gs io81ij)

Thanks all yes I had to unfortunately put a drop of the nasty fluid in to get the old girl home. And I think it has in fact blocked up the heater core, the rad and associated pipe work is as clear as a bell I'm taking it in middle of June to get the system pressure cleaned so any nasties should be pushed out I hope, to be honest with the summer coming in I have a good few months to resolve the heater problem so no worries. I'm just glad I have use of the car and it seems to be running very well, I'm going to be checking the old head and as soon as I can I shall post some pictures of the head condition I believe it has cracks on the 3rd 4th cylinder valve stems best regards to you all from a uk 4X4 pom
        The problem is not the problem its your attitude to the problem that's the problem.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
        Working...
        X