• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Silver Streak
    Valued Member
    • May 2010
    • Adelaide. South Aust.

Southland Mitsubishi closing???

I wasn't too sure where to post this thread, as any threads about dealers seem to be locked, so I thought I'd post it here??
    I was talking to a mate last night on the phone and he said, had I recieved any information about Southland Mitsubishi (SA) closing?? I said, NO!! Wow!! that's big news, as they are a big dealer here in the South of Adelaide. I know when the Mitsubishi plant was operating here in Adelaide, they would have neen the biggest dealer here in Adelaide, as they were only 1km from the plant and used to get a lot of work from them. Maybe times are tough, who knows??
    Anyway, my mate gets his car serviced at Southland and was phoned a short time back, from an 03 number (Vic)? asking him where he'd like to get his car serviced in the future, as from early 2012?? He told them another dealer here in Adelaide and that was that??
    So, I don't know whether it was a scam, or whether it's true, or not?? and whether Southland are going though the hoop, moving, or what??
    I now some guys here on this forum get their vehicles serviced at Southland's, maybe the can shed light on the rumor??
    Cheers, Tony.

Silver Streak.

2010 NT (Nov) Platinum Pajero, DiD auto, Iron Bark.
    Factory Tow-bar, Colour coded ARB Deluxe Bullbar, Hankook Dynopro RT03 MT Tyres, 265/R70x17, Bilstein/Lovell HD 2" lift kit, Bushskinz underbody protection plates, Navar Blue 225's, TJM Airtec Snorkel, Tinted Pajero Bonnet Protector, Uniden UH7750NB UHF-CB, Rhino Rack Sunseeker ll Awning (2.5m x 2m), Full Tint + UV film on privacy glass, Dash Mat, Techniice 60ltr Fridge/Freezer.
  • Avanner
    • Jul 2007

Yes. Closing. Was advised by them to take my Mitsubishi vehicle servicing to a dealer near the showgrounds on Goodwood Road. Maybe they're changing to some other vehicle brand?

Comment

• t0ne
      • Jun 2010
      • Adelaide

Australian motors bought them about 6 months ago...

Reason they are closing them is all that aussie motors is the PMA that is Southland Mitsubishi.

Being that Australian motors is at Goodwood and fairly close.
      2005 NP MY06 DiD Auto Exceed, Nudge bar, IPF spot lights, rear DVD for the kids.(being added) long range tank, poly airs, heavy duty springs, dual battery, slotted rotors. New van: 2013 Jayco starcraft 22.68.1

Comment

• Silver Streak
        Valued Member
        • May 2010
        • Adelaide. South Aust.

Hmmm, I wonder what's going in on that site then, another dealer??
        I wish Australian Motors would use that Southland site then, as I go to the Morphett Vale site for my services and the one thing that makes me nervous about going there, is that it's very small and cramped where they park and service the cars. It's a wonder there's not more little dings in your vehicle when you pick it up after a service. Ok, so far.
        The Southland site, is a lot roomier, as far as that goes.
        Cheers, Tony.

Silver Streak.

Factory Tow-bar, Colour coded ARB Deluxe Bullbar, Hankook Dynopro RT03 MT Tyres, 265/R70x17, Bilstein/Lovell HD 2" lift kit, Bushskinz underbody protection plates, Navar Blue 225's, TJM Airtec Snorkel, Tinted Pajero Bonnet Protector, Uniden UH7750NB UHF-CB, Rhino Rack Sunseeker ll Awning (2.5m x 2m), Full Tint + UV film on privacy glass, Dash Mat, Techniice 60ltr Fridge/Freezer.

Comment

• CraigFox
          • Jun 2010
          • Happy Valley SA

I noticed the same thing this morning on the way to work.

The banner says "relocating as of the 1st March 2012 to 11-33 Goodwood Road Wayville" or something like that. Last week I noticed a big LED trailer sign with the Australian Motors competition/deal to win an overseas holiday parked on the corner at Southlands and thought that it was a bit strange.

I ppurchased my NT from there, and serviced, but have not had any notification that they were closing/shifting.

CBRE have their signs up for sale/lease, so I guess there is nothing set in concrete as to what or who may end up on the site.
          Foxy

2010 NT Did Auto ACTiV. MM Tow Bar. ARB Bar, 50mm Raised Suspension, BFG A/T's, Tinted Windows, Red Arc remote head brake controller, Uniden UHF, Airtec Snorkel, Rhino Pioneer Basket, 81litre Long Range Tank (finally!!)

Bushskinz under body still to come one day.

Comment

• t0ne
            • Jun 2010
            • Adelaide

Unlikely it will be another dealer...

well no mitsubishi dealer will be allowed on there as it is within Australian motor's PMA.

Maybe another francise dealer, but very unlikely.
            2005 NP MY06 DiD Auto Exceed, Nudge bar, IPF spot lights, rear DVD for the kids.(being added) long range tank, poly airs, heavy duty springs, dual battery, slotted rotors. New van: 2013 Jayco starcraft 22.68.1

Comment

• Silver Streak
              Valued Member
              • May 2010
              • Adelaide. South Aust.

Originally posted by CraigFox View Post

I purchased my NT from there, and serviced, but have not had any notification that they were closing/shifting.
              As I said previously Foxy, my mate only got a call a few days back, so maybe you will hear something soon?
              Not a bad spot there though, on the corner of South Road and Daws Road. Get plenty of traffic going passed there during the day.
              Cheers, Tony.

Silver Streak.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
              Working...
              X