• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Montero94
    • Dec 2017
    • New Mexico, USA, NA

Gen 2 Front Axle Shafts obsolete

Hello Mates!

I have a 1994 Pajero SR 3.5 DOHC, 6G74 in the States. The front axle shafts have been obsolete items for several years. MB620255 & MB620256

Where does everyone buy them? How do you mitigate this?

I had an axle rebuilt and it didn't work out too well.

The Chinese junk axle shafts either don't fit or break according to the fellows on expedition portal.

I cordially welcome any opinions!
  • stumagoo
    Valued Member
    • Jun 2014
    • Perth WA S.O.R

depending on what has failed the inner joint can be replaced with a little work from a gen 3. the outer I cant answer for. As far as I can tell this only works for the 3.5's and 2.8's.

Here is the write up there is also an international link for the supply of them new https://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum...ad.php?t=55493
    1994 NJ 3.0 now with a 2000NL 3.5 engine and driveline, 2.5 catback, 32" MT Deegan 38's, 1" body lift, front diff drop with front tension rods indexed and cranked an 3", 3" on the rear coils
    *** retired to the big wrecking yard in the sky***
    1998 NL 3.5 blisterside, running a 6g75 (3.8) with M90 supercharger at 14psi, 305.70.16's on -44 rims 3.5" suspension lift, Custom Bull bar, winch install, custom front control arms, NJ GLS flares and some camping gear in the back

Comment

• thebeandr
      • Apr 2017
      • Little Hartley NSW

I've had no issues with getting new ones. I can ask if you need

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Montero94
        • Dec 2017
        • New Mexico, USA, NA

Originally posted by thebeandr View Post
        I've had no issues with getting new ones. I can ask if you need

Where do you get new ones sir? Thanks in advance!

Cheers,

Comment

• thebeandr
          • Apr 2017
          • Little Hartley NSW

Originally posted by Montero94 View Post
          Where do you get new ones sir? Thanks in advance!

Cheers,
          They are readily available on ebay here

Comment

• stumagoo
            Valued Member
            • Jun 2014
            • Perth WA S.O.R

Originally posted by thebeandr View Post
            They are readily available on ebay here

Accept he has said he does not want non genuine, also If you look at his location he is not in Aus so his local dealers may not be interested in sourcing new genuine.... Which I have a tendancy to agree with now.... I tried non genuine and have had nothng but issues with them - Repco GSP and an unknown brand.... they all bind at some stage on my wagon GSP was the best and would likely work with an unmodified front end but genuine is the only style that have worked for mine
            1994 NJ 3.0 now with a 2000NL 3.5 engine and driveline, 2.5 catback, 32" MT Deegan 38's, 1" body lift, front diff drop with front tension rods indexed and cranked an 3", 3" on the rear coils
            1998 NL 3.5 blisterside, running a 6g75 (3.8) with M90 supercharger at 14psi, 305.70.16's on -44 rims 3.5" suspension lift, Custom Bull bar, winch install, custom front control arms, NJ GLS flares and some camping gear in the back

Comment

• thebeandr
              • Apr 2017
              • Little Hartley NSW

Originally posted by stumagoo View Post
              Accept he has said he does not want non genuine, also If you look at his location he is not in Aus so his local dealers may not be interested in sourcing new genuine.... Which I have a tendancy to agree with now.... I tried non genuine and have had nothng but issues with them - Repco GSP and an unknown brand.... they all bind at some stage on my wagon GSP was the best and would likely work with an unmodified front end but genuine is the only style that have worked for mine
              Yeh, he is in the states. He could get still. Mine were OEM, and about 220

Comment

• stumagoo
                Valued Member
                • Jun 2014
                • Perth WA S.O.R

wow mitsi quoted me $890 at trade, and every other source including partsoq and other online services were within $100 of that in AU$ once shipping etc was included when I went looking... be great to get a genuine (or at least a 6ball inner) CV for 220..... GSP however were that price and my GSP lasted 3 months before I broke it on the tracks. it turns out the GSP lift rated ones were not going to be guaranteed when a custom suspension setup is installed that allows more lift than the standard control arms allow.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                Working...
                X