X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RobMichelle
    • Jan 2021
    • Horsham

Hi all, can someone tell me where to atf temp is please out of these?
    i recieved this the other day and can get pan temp I’m wondering if TC is atf temp, any help appreciated thanks.
    Rob Click image for larger version

Name:	9678B069-BE2D-46A2-8D9B-66F20954CFE6.jpeg
Views:	437
Size:	119.6 KB
ID:	1092339
    21 Nx Pajero,Arb bullbar, winch, catch can, prefilter,ultra gauge, uhf, hf radios,celfigo,long range tank,2imch OME lift, Toyo at2 tyres, third row seat removed, 2nd battery and stuff in the hole.
    AutoMatePro

21 Pajero Sport GLS, UltraGauge, third row seats removed,

Comment

• RobMichelle
      • Jan 2021
      • Horsham

Ok I think I have it sorted, I changed values to match Marshall’s off his instruction page renamed ATF and hope all will be well 👍
      21 Nx Pajero,Arb bullbar, winch, catch can, prefilter,ultra gauge, uhf, hf radios,celfigo,long range tank,2imch OME lift, Toyo at2 tyres, third row seat removed, 2nd battery and stuff in the hole.
      AutoMatePro

Comment

• Dicko1
        Valued Member
        • Dec 2014
        • Cairns, FNQ

You should be set. Many are using the same setup and no issues.
        Dicko. FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.

TIME....1000 times more valuable than money

Comment

• RobMichelle
          • Jan 2021
          • Horsham

Originally posted by Dicko1 View Post
          You should be set. Many are using the same setup and no issues.
          Thanks Dicko, when I purchased the ultra gauge I was told it was for Pajero and trans temps were already set, but cross referencing with my values and values on Marshall’s site there was couple of values that differed, so I went with Marshall’s and will monitor only the pipe temp.
          A dumb question, what is the value of monitoring intake temp please? And what should this be kept to, and what other valuable temps to monitor that would be beneficial we do tow a van. It’s a 2021 nx with only 4K on clock
          AutoMatePro

Comment

• Ian H
            Valued Member
            • May 2015
            • Melbourne

Originally posted by RobMichelle View Post
            I went with Marshall’s and will monitor only the pipe temp.
            I'd suggest that it's best to monitor pipe and pan temps. The difference between them gives you a really good indication of what the TC is doing.
            2015 NX GLS, Factory alloy bar, Kings HD Springs & Koni Shocks with 50mm lift, MM Auto Mate, Paddle shift kit, dual batteries with Redarc DC/DC, LRA 58L tank, Safari snorkel, Boo's bash plates (full set), 17" steels with BFG KO2's, Drifta drawers with slide, TPMS, Uniden UH8080S, Alpine iLX-702D head unit.

Comment

• RobMichelle
              • Jan 2021
              • Horsham

Originally posted by Ian H View Post

I'd suggest that it's best to monitor pipe and pan temps. The difference between them gives you a really good indication of what the TC is doing.
              Thanks ian I’ll set up the pan as per mm instructions as well then, thanks 👍
              AutoMatePro

Comment

• m_and_m
                Valued Member
                • Mar 2010
                • Tea Tree Gully, Adelaide

Thanks Dicko, when I purchased the ultra gauge I was told it was for Pajero and trans temps were already set, but cross referencing with my values and values on Marshall’s site there was couple of values that differed, so I went with Marshall’s and will monitor only the pipe temp.
                A dumb question, what is the value of monitoring intake temp please? And what should this be kept to, and what other valuable temps to monitor that would be beneficial we do tow a van. It’s a 2021 nx with only 4K on clock
                Hi RobMichelle,

For years there's been so much misinformation about the correct settings to use, which is why I produced the instructions.
                Many get the temperature offset wrong ie they use -40 instead of -50 for the NT+ Paj. The other differences are minor, like how many decimal placed to display.
                If you use my instructions you'll get the right value for NT+, (and NS, MN triton, PB/PC chally, and MQ triton). I've calibrated/checked these all against the MUTT3 I have.

Intake temp give you an indication of how hard the car is working, and the engine produces less power the higher the temps.
                I monitor all the temps (transmission, coolant, intake) and engine load, primarily so I can just watch how hard the car's working. On cruise control you lose the feedback of the throttle pedal position.

I also setup the Ultra-gauge alarms. Engine and intake at 100degC, trans at 90. With the UltraGauge you also would want to disable most of the 'default' alarms - like miles to empty - as the UG doesn't read the fuel sensor by default and it will annoy you endlessly.

With an auto-mate lockup kit installed the trans temp are always ok.
                To help you know how best to tow without a lockup-kit I wrote blog post here.

Cheers,
                Marshall
                2016 NX Exceed 3.2 DiD, BullBar | 2" OME lift | Safari snorkel | UHF | Towbar | Tow pro elite ECB | Full Bushskinz UBP and side steps | HID highbeam upgrade | 9" LED spots | 100Ahr Aux. Battery | HPD Oil catch can | Flappy Paddles | auto-matePRO
                2016 LC200 Sahara V8 Diesel,Lots of Mods too
                Checkout our products at MM4x4 http://www.mm4x4.com.au auto-mate and lockup-mate for Mitsubishi's and Toyota's

Comment

• RobMichelle
                  • Jan 2021
                  • Horsham

Thanks Marshall for your endless work to make our vehicles preform the best they can, I will be purchasing your automate pro once the funds allow that’s for sure. I will read your blog and once again thanks 👍
                  Rob
                  AutoMatePro

Comment

• RobMichelle
                    • Jan 2021
                    • Horsham

Originally posted by m_and_m View Post

Hi RobMichelle,

For years there's been so much misinformation about the correct settings to use, which is why I produced the instructions.
                    Many get the temperature offset wrong ie they use -40 instead of -50 for the NT+ Paj. The other differences are minor, like how many decimal placed to display.
                    If you use my instructions you'll get the right value for NT+, (and NS, MN triton, PB/PC chally, and MQ triton). I've calibrated/checked these all against the MUTT3 I have.

Intake temp give you an indication of how hard the car is working, and the engine produces less power the higher the temps.
                    I monitor all the temps (transmission, coolant, intake) and engine load, primarily so I can just watch how hard the car's working. On cruise control you lose the feedback of the throttle pedal position.

I also setup the Ultra-gauge alarms. Engine and intake at 100degC, trans at 90. With the UltraGauge you also would want to disable most of the 'default' alarms - like miles to empty - as the UG doesn't read the fuel sensor by default and it will annoy you endlessly.

With an auto-mate lockup kit installed the trans temp are always ok.
                    To help you know how best to tow without a lockup-kit I wrote blog post here.

Cheers,
                    Marshall
                    Hi Marshall & all
                    When I first start the car from cold coolant and trans temps are on 16 degrees, so do I have the format wrong, and if so what are right parameters please ?
                    I thought I followed Marshall’s instruction but I’m thinking something is not quite right. Coolant and trans temps were 85 coolant and trans about 56 63 at 100 with ambient at 9 this morning for about 1.25 hours cruise .
                    Rob
                    AutoMatePro

Comment

• Two Emms
                      Valued Member
                      • Jan 2020
                      • Mansfield, Vic

My guess is that it's 16 degrees when you started the car. Engine and transmission the same temps is the proof. Ignore the ambient reading on the dash it's more of a "guide" (something to do with the sensor being a thermistor but it's above my knowledge )

The coolant temp looks right (for comparison mine sits on about 83 under those conditions) and the transmission temps look about right as well.

2016 NX GLS Factory alloy bar, Provent 200 catch can, Boos bash plates (full set), Stedi light bar, 40 litre Waeco, Titan fridge slide, Kings springs, Toyo Open Country AT3s, Auto-mate, Ultragauge, Uniden 8080s, Tanami x11, more to come...

Comment

• RobMichelle
                        • Jan 2021
                        • Horsham

Originally posted by Two Emms View Post
                        My guess is that it's 16 degrees when you started the car. Engine and transmission the same temps is the proof. Ignore the ambient reading on the dash it's more of a "guide" (something to do with the sensor being a thermistor but it's above my knowledge )

The coolant temp looks right (for comparison mine sits on about 83 under those conditions) and the transmission temps look about right as well.
                        Thanks Two Emms
                        il just ignore start temp and enjoy 👍
                        AutoMatePro

Comment

• old Jack
                          Regular
                          • Jun 2011
                          • Adelaide, South Australia.

Best to check first this in the morning when the engine and transmission temperatures have stabilised back to ambient overnight, so the outside air temp, engine coolant, AT Pan and ATF Pipe should all be within a degree or 2 of each other.

OJ.
                          2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
                          MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .

Comment

• RobMichelle
                            • Jan 2021
                            • Horsham

The car had sat yesterday afternoon and all night, this morning when we I started car coolant and 1 trans was 16 and 1 trans was 15 I think it was, and it was cold here last night.
                            AutoMatePro

Comment

• m_and_m
                              Valued Member
                              • Mar 2010
                              • Tea Tree Gully, Adelaide

Hi Marshall & all
                              When I first start the car from cold coolant and trans temps are on 16 degrees, so do I have the format wrong, and if so what are right parameters please ?
                              I thought I followed Marshall’s instruction but I’m thinking something is not quite right. Coolant and trans temps were 85 coolant and trans about 56 63 at 100 with ambient at 9 this morning for about 1.25 hours cruise .
                              Rob
                              Hi Rob,
                              Those values all look ok to me.
                              In the morning, if the coolant and transmission temp are within a degree the OBD2 device’s readings are accurate.
                              The trans and engine temps don’t match when driving. Typically the engine is between 83 and 87 when lightly driving around town or cruising on hwy. Trans temp depends on how hard it’s working. Around town working lightly , 65 degC. Push up a hill for a few minutes and 80-90 is normal.
                              Working it hard and temps go way higher. Engine might go to 95-100, and trans like 100-120 or more.
                              Lockup kit will keep trans under 80 most of the time in all conditions.

2016 NX Exceed 3.2 DiD, BullBar | 2" OME lift | Safari snorkel | UHF | Towbar | Tow pro elite ECB | Full Bushskinz UBP and side steps | HID highbeam upgrade | 9" LED spots | 100Ahr Aux. Battery | HPD Oil catch can | Flappy Paddles | auto-matePRO
                              2016 LC200 Sahara V8 Diesel,Lots of Mods too
                              Checkout our products at MM4x4 http://www.mm4x4.com.au auto-mate and lockup-mate for Mitsubishi's and Toyota's

Comment

• dazza9
                                • Jun 2021
                                • Melbourne

Evening all,

I'm trying to set up my Ultragauge Blue wireless. I've got it installed and connected via Bluetooth but I cannot get it to perform the basic vehicle setup, it can't get my VIN number automatically, when I enter the VIN number manually it still can't pull any info for the car. Due to this theres not the option of adding any custom gauges such as the ATF temp, which is the main reason I wanted it.

Anyone got any advice or can point me in the right direction?

Thanks
                                2016 NX GLS. TJM Outback Bar and winch. TJM Snorkel. Redarc Brake Controller. HikeIt X9 Throttle Controller. Oricom DTX4000 UHF. Stedi 22" LED Bar. Nautia Engineering Panels. Rola Titan Try. Falken Wildpeak AT Tyres.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X